Author Topic: Shielding; The Dynamic Psi perspective  (Read 23726 times)

August 13, 2009, 12:42:35 AM
Read 23726 times

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Shielding; The Dynamic Psi perspective

Introduction

The concept of shielding is a widely known and popular practice within the online metaphysics community. In this article the problems with what is considered 'standard' shielding practice will be presented along with the Dynamic Psi perspective on the subject.

Shielding and the 'Eggshell'; Initial Limitations

Shielding in the past has generally been the idea of energy conceptualized as a solid structure, usually a shell-like structure, surrounding the user of the shield for the purpose of protection. When the creator of the shield is surrounded by this 'shell' of energy he or she believes they are guarded from an inevitable psychic attack, this attack can be a specifically directed intent from a person or even stray thoughts from other people. With this type of shield there are some very large assumptions and misconceptions about how psi can be used to protect someone, assumptions and misconceptions so large that when they are realized the Eggshell shield is not only shown to be unrealistic but completely ineffective.

It should be known that it is NEVER the shape or structure of the construct and it is ALWAYS the focused intent and expectation of the user that makes it work. Because we wish to have something to protect us we think of a shield which is a physical thing with a structure that provides protection. Psi however is a not physical thing and not limited to the rules of the physical, because of this it can perform in different ways than physical objects.

Psi can operate without concern for distance, time, or space, and this means that it can be anywhere and everywhere doing whatever you expect it to. If we apply the physical characteristics of a shield to psi we now have an energy that is limited to one place and one time only. These limitations are fine but only if your attackers apply the same limited physical characteristics to their attacks. Psi is not limited to straight lines of travel and it doesn't necessarily have to even travel space to go somewhere, it can instantaneously be in one place and then another. A shield of the sort mentioned above can be bypassed entirely by any person who knows this very basic piece of information about psi. Essentially if a person knew this piece of information they could place a psi based attack inside the range of the shield, bypassing it entirely, potentially they could even attack you in the future as psi is not limited by time.

Regardless of the above, if you really do believe that such a shield will protect you, and you've created it well with good intent and expectation, it will work to some degree and provide some limited form of protection. Unfortunately, because of the way this type of shield is created, and the way psi works to fulfill your intent, you actually end up bringing attacks upon yourself by using this method of shield construction, which more than somewhat negates the purpose of it.

Misguided Expectations of the Shield

The way the 'shell' shield is made most often re-enforces the problem. When we use psi to create changes in the world whatever we expect to happen as a result of our intention with psi makes the psi work to create this in the future even if these expectations are not the main focus of our intent. For example, when we intend to heal using psi we focus on the body being in a better state of health and expect the energy we interact with to make this occur in the present and/or future. If however we were to focus on the body in it's current state of dysfunction and 'see' it getting better we are unintentionally re-enforcing the current state of poor health in the body, the psi will in part work to make that part of our intentions (the state of a dysfunctional body) true in the world, and we may even cause a prolonged healing time.

Every time you create a shield and expect it to work to prevent attacks you also expect those attacks to happen in the future, therefore the energy used to create the shield will then also go into creating possible attacks in the future. Because of this poorly formed intent the standard 'shell' shield fails at its basic function, protection. The truth is you probably wouldn't need a shield if you didn't have one.

The above argument, if understood properly, is enough to dispel the idea of what is considered the 'normal' shield, however the argument that the shield is useful in protecting from the stray thoughts and intentions of people, particularly in crowds, still stands. This argument falls apart though when we come to the realization that 'avoiding the thoughts of others' isn't even an issue to do with shielding, it's to do with the skill level of the practitioner.

Again, if we create a shield to block out the thoughts and intentions of others that we believe try to force their way into our mind the shield we create reinforces and works to make this 'thought invasion' to be a real thing in the future.

Telepathy and empathy are skills, not gifts. Whether we know it or not we choose to experience telepathy and empathy, we choose to do them, and they are never unnecessarily brought upon us because it is always our conscious or unconscious action. If we experience the thoughts or emotions of others when we do not want to it is only because we are capable of the skill but we do not understand it and therefore do not control it. If instead of attempting to wall yourself off from the thoughts and emotions of others you were to accept that you are in control of yourself and expect that telepathy and empathy will only occur when you actively perform these practices you will find yourself not needing a shield, and probably a lot calmer in social settings.

The Dynamic Psi Perspective on the Shield

The term 'shield' is a physical term and concept and it is a good way of explaining a certain function that we may need in the physical world but the associations we make with that term tend to impede the best possible use for such a construct. The best shield is one that prevents a bad occurrence from happening before it happens and does this not by reinforcing the expectation that bad things will happen but by creating positive outcomes in the future for the user. A true shield should work to make your life full of good things, because if good things constantly happen there's no time to fit the bad ones in. Really, the best shield is not a shield at all.

Before we get into the specifics of making a construct capable of producing the results mentioned above it should be known that simply having a positive attitude that expects good things to come out of every situation in life is the best protection a psion can have. To a skilled psion this continuous attitude that focuses on and expects good things in their life is the most effective tool in bringing about positive changes, and when only a small amount of psi is used to manifest these expectations the effects of our intentions are greatly increased.

The Construct

A system should be based on the operations of its most basic elements, everything we do is only an expression of the use of those elements within a given system. Though the order and way in which we employ elements may change they still comprise much of anything we do in psionics. In psionics forming intent, gathering energy, and actualization are our most important elements and all constructs and practices are only expressions of these things. The construct proposed in this article is no exception to these three elements and will therefore be presented in this way.

For our intent we, as always, want a very simple conceptualization of the construct that we expect will achieve what we desire. It is encouraged that each person should form their own conceptualization of the construct based on the information already addressed in this article for their best personal results. However, "The construct will create as many positive situations as possible in the future at all times", is not a bad example of a way of conceptualizing this construct. In this example we can see that when the construct is functioning all that it will do is to create the best possible situation for you at any time, present or future, and at no point does it unintentionally create future situations in which you may be attacked unnecessarily.

For this type of construct we will need very little energy to 'get it started' but because it will be working continuously over a long period of time it will need a constant and regular supply of psi to perform it's function, fortunately there is a very simple and easy way of doing this. If it is expected at the point of actualizing the construct that throughout the constructs lifespan it will always have the necessary energy it needs it always will. In expecting this condition we've essentially made a 'generator' as it's so often called, but the generator is simplistically defined, incredibly easy to create, and effortless to use, and these are (in the author's opinion) the marks of a good construct. This example of a generator can be applied in the same way to any construct that would need a constant supply of energy.

Actualization of this construct is like the actualization of any other, however it may be helpful to know that the author has found that this construct is best defined without any real shape or structure. The construct is best without a defined shape or structure because it should be seen only as a desired future condition (or many future conditions) becoming true. Really this construct, all constructs and even all psychokinesis, are only future selection or a great number of future selections carried in a single actualization.

Conclusion

Conceptualizations based on the physical world can at times be helpful as in most cases we are attempting to affect or change the physical. It is however very important to understand these conceptualizations based on the physical can be limiting or even counterproductive to what we are trying to do.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 12:50:04 AM by Kettle »

September 28, 2009, 10:38:56 AM
Reply #1

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Ok so I have a question about shielding, and here seems as good a place as any to post it. Can a shield made by form of construct or simply personal/magickal energy defend against demonic presences?

You see, I am a ghost hunter, and on the last investigation we went to, we believe we might have come into close contact with demons. I want to be prepared should we return to the house. I am wondering if these shields, at least to some extent, can offer us any protection?

Also, can you shield someone else with your own abilities effectively, or does it become harder to do?

September 28, 2009, 05:45:36 PM
Reply #2

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Can a shield made by form of construct or simply personal/magickal energy defend against demonic presences?

I certainly have no experience with demons or anything of that kind but the shield proposed in the article above should work fine for any form of protection provided your conceptualizations and actualization is correct.

Perhaps you'd want more input with someone of greater experience on the subject though.

Also, can you shield someone else with your own abilities effectively, or does it become harder to do?

It only becomes harder if you expect it to. In some cases, such as where you really care about someone, it can become much, much easier.

-k

September 29, 2009, 11:38:06 AM
Reply #3

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thanks for the help, i'll check in with other people about the demonic shielding

October 05, 2009, 05:58:30 PM
Reply #4

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
What makes you think they were demons? If they can be stereotyped as demons, then some fairly stereotypical faith-based measures would be effective enough. Other than that, check out Practical Psychic Self Defense by Robert Bruce; it has pretty much everything you'll ever need to know about dealing with negative entities.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

November 01, 2009, 10:44:43 AM
Reply #5

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
Quote from: Li-Ten-Ra
Can a shield made by form of construct or simply personal/magickal energy defend against demonic presences?

Yes, it works just the same. You can apply everything Kettle said about "attacks" to "demons". If you expect them to affect you, they will, and so on.

November 01, 2009, 11:06:14 AM
Reply #6

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I think this is a great and very usefull article. I think you did a great job in writing it Kettle.

I use a similar technique. Everytime I experience something as threatening I immediately form the intent that I am always safe.
I do this because I am aware that if I experience something as threatening then I expect something to be threatening therefore I will manifest it if I don't change the expectation. Expecting that I am always safe is almost becoming a second nature to me. An auto-thought I guess.

November 02, 2009, 12:24:36 PM
Reply #7

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I think this is a great and very usefull article. I think you did a great job in writing it Kettle.

I use a similar technique. Everytime I experience something as threatening I immediately form the intent that I am always safe.
I do this because I am aware that if I experience something as threatening then I expect something to be threatening therefore I will manifest it if I don't change the expectation. Expecting that I am always safe is almost becoming a second nature to me. An auto-thought I guess.

Well thank you, that's great :)

-k

January 03, 2010, 02:56:55 PM
Reply #8

Sahashara

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi Kettle,

Thanks for this article. It is, indeed, a very well written and in many ways gave me a lot to think about. I would like to know from you if it's possible for me to create a psi shield with the intent that only happy things will happen with me during my day etc but (for example) not very long after build up this construct something "bad" happens. Lets say, for example, that before going to work I create my "shield" and, as soon as I arrive and get out of my car, a guy that I didn't notice approaches, point a gun and say that he wants my car and leave me alone. Let's say I simply dint have an insurance for this car.... (all this is just an example, personally I even donīt have a car)

My doubt here goes for the fact that I made a construct but for some reason it didn't work. One of the reasons behind this could be the possibility that I didn't put a strong will during my creation, or the fact that I was under influence of some other energy created by another person with a stronger will than mine (someone that wishes me bad things everyday because doesn't like me, for example). Anyway, my objective here is to understand things that may disturb an effective "shield" creation. I will appreciate any insights about this.

Another question is about psi and magical shields. Can you tell me difference between a magical shield and a psi shield? I understand that we are talking basically about two paradigms but when I read about magic and psi, I don't see profound differences in then. The methods may be different but both rely on concentration, intent, will, etc. So essentially, as I can perceive, they are absolutely the same. This is something I would like your opinion and all members that would like to share ideas. Maybe this is not the right post or maybe this discussion has already been made, and for that I ask your forgiveness, since I'm completely new to these forums.

Namaste,

January 03, 2010, 08:41:33 PM
Reply #9

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Magic and psi are very much the same thing. In a magical paradigm, you may envision an entity or certain element aiding to the shielding. The same is done in psi as well, should the psion wish it. There aren't any profound differences; the only difference lies in what preference the practitioner may have in calling forth and applying his/her will. Everything in magic can be done in psionics, and vice-versa.

As for making a construct which may not work, it may just be because of a lack of willpower. For a shield to be up and running may require a little while of applying the necessary willpower and imposing the form, etc., before it will show visible results. A daily ritual, if you will.

January 04, 2010, 08:05:42 AM
Reply #10

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Hi Kettle,

Thanks for this article. It is, indeed, a very well written and in many ways gave me a lot to think about. I would like to know from you if it's possible for me to create a psi shield with the intent that only happy things will happen with me during my day etc but (for example) not very long after build up this construct something "bad" happens. Lets say, for example, that before going to work I create my "shield" and, as soon as I arrive and get out of my car, a guy that I didn't notice approaches, point a gun and say that he wants my car and leave me alone. Let's say I simply dint have an insurance for this car.... (all this is just an example, personally I even donīt have a car)

Hey Sahashara, welcome to the forums, I know this was written to kettle, but I felt I could shed a little light onto the issue, as they say, theres two sides to a coin.

My doubt here goes for the fact that I made a construct but for some reason it didn't work. One of the reasons behind this could be the possibility that I didn't put a strong will during my creation, or the fact that I was under influence of some other energy created by another person with a stronger will than mine (someone that wishes me bad things everyday because doesn't like me, for example). Anyway, my objective here is to understand things that may disturb an effective "shield" creation. I will appreciate any insights about this.

I personally wouldn't make a shield for that, I'd program a construct, as you are new to the forums I have no idea what ability level you have in Psionics, this is why your shield may have failed, due to lack of energy feeding it, or just your ability to manipulate energy at the present time. anyway I'm starting to go off the rails, as I was saying I'd program a construct, I don't know if you have ever heard of empathy but this is were you feel for others, so I would use empathy for this, I supose you could call it empathic  projection, pushing thoughts to others, so if the construct was programs to have good thoughts about you, people would pick up on this and not want to give you a bad day. Here is an article I have written, it's good if you are just starting off and teaches you energy manipulations which will help you create stronger constructs and shields.

http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=15335.0

Another question is about psi and magical shields. Can you tell me difference between a magical shield and a psi shield? I understand that we are talking basically about two paradigms but when I read about magic and psi, I don't see profound differences in then. The methods may be different but both rely on concentration, intent, will, etc. So essentially, as I can perceive, they are absolutely the same. This is something I would like your opinion and all members that would like to share ideas. Maybe this is not the right post or maybe this discussion has already been made, and for that I ask your forgiveness, since I'm completely new to these forums.

Namaste,

I don't study magick so I'd rather not go to deep with this, maybe i should really start and learn because I'm a mentor and questions like this come up a fair bit, but to my understanding magick shields defend you from demons, spirts etc (forgive me if I am wrong) and psionics ones defend from mental attacks from other people, to my understanding as I said I am not an expect in Magick, so you will have to wait for someone else to answer that last bit for you, hope that helps you out.

- Falcon
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

January 04, 2010, 10:54:37 AM
Reply #11

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Quote from: Falcon
but to my understanding magick shields defend you from demons, spirts etc (forgive me if I am wrong) and psionics ones defend from mental attacks from other people,

A shield magically constructed, just as psionically, wards away negative energies in general. Not just from a spirit or entity, or just from a human.

January 04, 2010, 03:52:58 PM
Reply #12

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Quote from: Falcon
but to my understanding magick shields defend you from demons, spirts etc (forgive me if I am wrong) and psionics ones defend from mental attacks from other people,

A shield magically constructed, just as psionically, wards away negative energies in general. Not just from a spirit or entity, or just from a human.

Thank you Dea Kmra, I've been here since 2003 and to be honest never looked into magick, everything else on the site I have, think it's about time I did lol.

Falcon
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

January 06, 2010, 07:27:06 AM
Reply #13

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile

You are welcome, I'm glad you found it interesting.The effectiveness of the 'shield' comes down to the ability of the user. If you don't believe it will work well you will find that it doesn't, psi follows you expectations of it and thus you create your success or failure with it. If you on the other hand believe firmly that it will work the chance of it doing good work greatly increases. Remember though we are only working within the what is possible in the future, you are selecting or making possible futures come true, not completely changing the state of the universe. Given a long enough time period however the construct/'shield' can select and help you select better futures that lead to better futures, building success on success. Essentially longevity is the key.

Another question is about psi and magical shields. Can you tell me difference between a magical shield and a psi shield? I understand that we are talking basically about two paradigms but when I read about magic and psi, I don't see profound differences in then. The methods may be different but both rely on concentration, intent, will, etc. So essentially, as I can perceive, they are absolutely the same.

I would have to agree with Dea Kmra, magick and psi are different methods of (usually) trying to achieve the same thing. We are both interacting with an energy using our consciousness to achieve a desired effect in physical or non-physical planes. It's just a matter of the thought processes and steps that go into it.

Again, I agree. Provided of course that was your intent behind it's creation. :)

-k

January 19, 2010, 02:18:37 AM
Reply #14

Sahashara

• Settling In

• View Profile
Dea Kmra, Falcon and Kettle,

thank you all for your kind answers. I study energy and magic for some time but just turned to understand "psionic" little time ago. At first I thought this was only a denomination for things studied in parapsychology, specifically, but nowadays I see psion with wide range of understanding, and found that its basically the same thing as "magic", but with other paradigm behind it. Anyway, it all comes down to the same thing, the consciousness, this great mistery.

In practical terms, I'm still a novice. When I first heard about magic and all I never gave much attention to basic skills like concentration and meditation, and I mean some years ago. Now I'm "back to basics" and trying to develop those skills better. The worst thing was to admit to myself I didn't have good concentration skills - a must for the tasks we discuss here - but that was the first step to a new understanding and practical results. I have already some exercises to train concentration and meditation, but here at Veritas I saw a topic with the idea of Focal Meditation. I already know many of those ideas but I think I'll start practise with those exercises.

Well, changing only little the main topic here, I saw at the V-Library that author Mouni Sadhu is not listed. I have some of his books and I personally think he is a well versed occult author that deal with some of those basic skills I was talking before, like concentration and meditation (these are also in fact the names of two of his books. I apologize if I'm asking this in the wrong place. Just wanted to know if you know him.

Regards,