Author Topic: Donations needed to pay for Veritas hosting!  (Read 15294 times)

June 25, 2009, 01:08:49 AM
Read 15294 times

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
We have a web hosting bill coming on July 10th, which is a short two weeks away.  We as a community will of course have to pay it to keep the site going.  The amount we still need to raise in donations is only $106, and this amount will cover our hosting costs for the next two years, keeping us running through July of 2011.

So we need your help to keep going!

To process the donations this time, we have setup a link with our hosting provider which allows you to donate directly to the hosting costs.  The money is applied directly to our bill through this link:  http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=11729  (We don't touch the money, and cannot access to it.  It goes directly toward the hosting bill.)

Please click the above link and donate ASAP!
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 25, 2009, 07:13:04 AM
Reply #1

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The souls of the True shall always remain strong.
    • View Profile
Thanks for letting us know, Kobok.

Donated.
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

June 25, 2009, 09:14:48 AM
Reply #2

talibah

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    You say psycho like it's a bad thing.
    • View Profile
After rent, cable, internet, phone, and savings; you got what I have left.  :)
Tantra says, forget the god. If you are the animal, understand this animal in it's totality. In that understanding itself, the god will grow...-Osho

June 26, 2009, 11:54:05 AM
Reply #3

JEG63

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    pariah dog
    • View Profile
Why not set up an amazon.com associate partnership?; build a little bookstore page here at Veritas and put a footer-link to it on all the pages of the site and forum.
You might rake in $25 a month or more that way.
To sleep, perchance to dream...

June 26, 2009, 01:00:07 PM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
First, I doubt we'd make that much off of that sort of system.  But more importantly, we're not here to sell stuff or make a profit.  Transparency of purpose is important for maintaining integrity in our area of interest.  This is why we are run by donations, and this is why the donations go directly to our hosting costs.

This is also why we have no banner ads or webstores pushing herbal ointments or charmed amulets, and no charge for any articles or classes.  The information, teaching, and discussion provided here are done with no competing interests, so that people can trust the sincerity of our community.

Please donate!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:05:47 PM by kobok »

June 26, 2009, 02:10:35 PM
Reply #5

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
The psipalatium tried that a ways back, heck I think its still going off of members recommending books and it didn't pan out to more then like 50 cents a month if that much.  I've donated money in past years, it would be really nice if those that have been around awhile wouldkick in just a buck to $5 and it grows amazingly fast.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

June 26, 2009, 06:42:39 PM
Reply #6

Watchtower

• Posts By Osmosis

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Contemplative Panentheist
    • View Profile
Keep on keepin' on.  Donated.
"For no matter how holy works may be, they do not make us holy because we do them, but in so far as we within ourselves are as we should be, we make holy all that we do, whether it be eating, or sleeping, or working, or what it may."

-Eckhart von Hochheim

June 27, 2009, 06:55:53 AM
Reply #7

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
We have already reached the goal, right? If not, there are some problems...

*gets baseball bat* He said, we need donations! *looks intimidating*
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

June 27, 2009, 07:25:40 AM
Reply #8

Lexie

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
How much does Veritas needs now?

June 27, 2009, 11:35:24 AM
Reply #9

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
How much does Veritas needs now?

We still need a mere $7 for the current bill.  Any additional donation amounts will go directly toward subsequent bills, and thus will simply extend our survival date beyond 2011.

June 27, 2009, 12:37:17 PM
Reply #10

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
But we only need to pay till 2012, right? That's the latest anything can survive anyway >_>

If I used paypal or had a credit card... >_< (I've applied for a credit card again. Hopefully I'll get it this time)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

July 02, 2009, 12:54:11 AM
Reply #11

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
It's my pleasure to announce that with all the donations you contributed, we have covered our entire hosting bill that is coming in a few days.  To everyone who contributed, you have the thanks of many people currently here and many people who will discover us in the coming years.

I will leave the donation link active, in case anyone else has the inspiration or desire to donate toward further hosting expenses.  All donations will still go into the hosting account balance, and are applied directly (and only) toward hosting costs.  The site costs approximately $100 a year in hosting costs, so you can calculate for yourself how much additional time you can provide the community with each donation.

July 02, 2009, 07:26:40 AM
Reply #12

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
▲ ▲

My Blog 
My Art!!!

March 19, 2010, 02:25:03 PM
Reply #13

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
Why not set up an amazon.com associate partnership?; build a little bookstore page here at Veritas and put a footer-link to it on all the pages of the site and forum.
You might rake in $25 a month or more that way.
We've been around for a long time.  I have made better suggestions in the past for generating traffic-based revenue, but no one seems to want to sustain the site that way.  Each time, Veritas seems to get enough donations.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

March 15, 2011, 06:07:29 AM
Reply #14

WHITNEY

• View Profile
I really appreciate your idea for donations . I want to  know how we can access you and how we can donate you . Thanks