Author Topic: Just odd.  (Read 1300 times)

April 23, 2009, 09:27:11 AM
Read 1300 times

SethLaRoth DeShawl

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
For a long while there I was having a few different recurring dreams, and multiple times throughout the night, this went on for a few months, however, they recently stopped, by recently, I mean about a month ago.  Those other recurring dreams are not what I'm here to ask all of your thoughts on however.  It is a new dream that occurs to me twice a night, and it is a constant, occurring every night.  My new dream is this:

I am in a very wide open space, not surround by any walls or anything of that nature, it is typically dark as though night.  In the dream I am standing in front of a massive store that is set into a door frame, on this door, are 20 locks spaced apart and yet all connected going up the length of the door, and it looks to be quite heavy, not something anything but a machine or pulley system could open on it's own.  The door is in my mind made of either oak, or a cherry oak, and is carved with a pattern across the whole of it's breadth, a sort of raised and pointed diamond like shape.  The door is set inside of a very large (and when I say large I mean both the door and the frame are stories high.) Door frame, made of stone and the highest quality of carving causes stone carved vines to almost seem alive.  the only emotion I sense or feel with the dream is curiosity and nothing more, and as there are no wall around I have never moved to see if there was anything around the other side.  Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

April 23, 2009, 09:35:08 AM
Reply #1

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I don't buy most of this "dream interpretation" stuff. I used to have a series of recurring nightmares as a child... and they all stopped when I changed rooms and went from the top of a bunk bed to a normal single. So I would say the first thing to ask yourself is whether you have changed your sleeping situation in any way. The second thing to ask is always what it means *to you*. I would be disregarding most of the symbolism for now and just focussing on the idea of curiosity and whether there is anything in your life now with the same kind of feeling of not knowing or not understanding something. I've not done much research into it, but I think most dreams are fairly straight-forward and simple in their 'meaning' and most of the rest is just irrelevant filler.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

June 10, 2009, 05:07:07 PM
Reply #2

Nekojin_Fenix

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
There's alot of different kinds of dreams, most dreams are psychological, and attempt to put thngs into a physical perspective through symbolism, and that's kind of what this seems like, the door, locks being the most symbolic, maybe you'll have to unlock them somehow, maybe the otherside is "the next level" of whatever, maybe consciousness, maybe next step of your life, who knows but you. I would try some techniques to become conscious during, and just start asking questions or keys to open it. It's likely the number of locks represents something related to the number 20. Otherwise it just gives you the notion that it's not easy to open. since it's on such a grand scale it could have something to do with whatever you feel is the largest part of you're life, the most important.
The locks would then represent obstacles or hard to overcome odds. Just do some free-association, what are some possibilities? jump to conclusions, and then jump back. If it's recurring it must be something pressing. Maybe it's spiritual in some way, it's all dependant on who, what, how, when, why and where you are.
As well as the current matters at hand. Hope that helps a little.
"The morning glory that blooms for a day, differs not at heart from the mighty oak that lives a thousand years."
"mewwie mew =^^="