Author Topic: Iron Hand and Iron Body The Metaphysical Boxing Approach  (Read 25844 times)

July 02, 2009, 09:50:22 PM
Reply #15

Hero

• Settling In

• View Profile
everything  of course is about progression, and quality of conditioning, iron body acts to back up and strengthens you to handle some of the stress taken in physical confrontations..while technique and skill are about the execution of physical acts. so as far as protection goes it depends on body angle etc. and just common sense lol... both go hand in hand..

July 13, 2009, 07:02:18 PM
Reply #16

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
Interesting stuff. But: have you gotten into a "serious" fight since you've been training this way? Do we know if it has practical use?

Iron Hand training is not an "end all, be all" training method. It is meant to compliment a holistic martial skills/strength and conditioning system. It will not turn you into a competent fighter in and of itself. Iron Hand/Iron Body is meant to strengthen your body so it can handle the high force impacts (giving and receiving strikes) associated with an actual fight (in or out of the ring). You will know it is practical after you have taken up the training I've outlined. Broken hands and broken ribs aren't fun and this method is highly effective at preventing such injuries. You will develop more powerful strikes but that is due more to increased hand and forearm strength. When the bone structure and musculature of the hands and forearms are weak and brittle you are unable to strike with the full amount of power your body is capable of producing.

I spar several times a week at a light to moderate level. A few times a month my training partners and I will go all out. Our sparring gear consists of MMA gloves, mouth guards, head gear, and athletic supporters. None of us have sustained injuries in several months. Also, I work in Loss Prevention security (I arrest shoplifters). Quite often I have to detain people who resist and resort to physical violence. While I am not allowed to strike these people unless I am in serious danger, I have been struck quite a few times. Never have I been hit and injured. I feel this is due to the training I have outlined in my article.

So will this give me enough to stand up to a real boxer?

No. You still need to train in a realistic martial art.

July 13, 2009, 08:52:53 PM
Reply #17

Hero

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks Donjitsu , You explain things so clearly.lol  I was kinda trying to say somthing simuliar  in my post lol you did a better job. conveying it plus, I really enjoyed the personal references into your sparring etc.

I imagine that it takes alot of tact to be in Loss Prevention security,dealing with anything from teenage girls to giant guys twice your size,and maybe even little old ladys..
I imagine thats a very interesting job. I imagine you also hear some pretty
 interesting excuses and vocabulary as well. Sigh In my life I've seen people steal some pretty stupid things ...from taking one flip flop instead of taking both..pretty weird

BTW  this is a great article thanks for sharing:)! thanks!

July 14, 2009, 01:43:24 AM
Reply #18

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
I imagine there's a great degree of flattery in flattery flattery, flattery, flattery.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

December 27, 2009, 03:16:10 PM
Reply #19

mutuwala

• View Profile
HI, I AM 47 AND AM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO A KUNG FU ACADEMY FOR 4 MONTHS NEXT SUMMER, IN CHINA.
ANYBODY GOT ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS.
THANX AN HAPPY NEW YEAR, MICK

October 26, 2010, 07:45:14 AM
Reply #20

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
Wanted to let everyone know I did a re-write of this article for my new site ((Un)Caged Fighter.

The new post is strickly about iron hand. expect future posts on iron body, iron shin, and iron forearm. You can check out the new article here:

New Iron Hand Post

Train Hard,
Josh Skinner