Author Topic: Qi Gong Articles and requirements  (Read 2597 times)

December 18, 2003, 02:34:18 AM
Read 2597 times

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Ideally, you have to be over 15 years old, and have done at least one martial art up to (at least) the 5th kyu. A degree of interest and knowledge in and about the martial arts is practically a must, since a lot of (duh) martial-arts-related terms will pop up.

Just need to clarify, how necessary is this? I'm 14 (close I know, but there ARE younger people) and have only started Ninjutsu this year and so I'm not very far in. In other words, I dont meet the 'ideal requirements'. How much of an effect is this going to have on it all? Martial arts terms can easily be solved simply by a google search and some research (which I'm not afraid of), but will the actual fact that I'm not all that familiar with martial arts have much of an effect? Also, my friend would like to know this (He actually brought the requirements to my attention, I just skipped over them =P) also. He has very little knowledge in martial arts, but I imagine he, too, could research quickly if necessary.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 18, 2003, 04:03:43 AM
Reply #1

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
They're not rules, they're more like, guidelines.  :p

The thing is, I don't want a lot of squirming 10 year olds humping my articles. 15 years is just a guideline. Besides, we all know how young some of us started (*cough* me ;) *cough*) so it doesn't matter all that much. 14 to 15 years of age is the ideal age though, to start this. Younger is always better, older doesn't matter.

Let me rephrase that: it doesn't matter one flying fuck at which age you start this. It's just to scare the not-so-serious people off. :D
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

December 18, 2003, 04:19:34 AM
Reply #2

sapient

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I think you presence (experience) has been needed DarkDuck.
Ignorance is a bliss.

December 18, 2003, 08:25:11 AM
Reply #3

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
You are taking Ninjutsu? I have been looking everywhere for a dojo or something that i could study ninjutsu but it seems like there is no where in the states that its possible.  Where are you taking it at???

December 18, 2003, 02:54:57 PM
Reply #4

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
In Australia.

Why the fuck can a lot of Americans not get over the fact that NOT EVERYONE lives in the US! Bloody Hell!
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.