Author Topic: Too good to be true :'(  (Read 2486 times)

March 11, 2004, 11:06:06 PM
Read 2486 times

learning = doing anything

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Bout a week ago I could move a psiwheel. It was my first time. Now I seemed to have lost my touch. I can barely get it to move now. Tops, it can maybe wiggle. Has this happened to anyone else? If so then please tell me how I can start to progress again. Thnx for all your help!
"You Are Free To Sever The Chains Of Fate That Bind You." ~ ???

"What If There Is No Afterlife? What Happens? Do We Blink Out Of Existence?" ~ Me

"Time Is Not Always Inevitable" ~ Me

"Some Things You're Not Meant To Know." ~ Many people and cartoon characters.

"Why Did That Old Man From The Rhyme Come Rolling Home? Wouldn't That Kind Of Be Painful For A Man His Age?" ~ Me

March 12, 2004, 01:09:56 AM
Reply #1

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Were you just as focused in the later attempts? If not that may well be the reason.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

March 12, 2004, 01:38:23 AM
Reply #2

Falcon

• Posts By Osmosis

• Vretsa Dcitoinray

• Personal Text
    Veritas Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Also if you've just started you might of just move it a couple of times, now it taken you back to the start thats what happened to me.
Finding some things difficult and need a extra hand, Apply for a mentor that's what were here for http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=9706.0

March 12, 2004, 03:57:46 PM
Reply #3

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Quote from: Talyn
Were you just as focused in the later attempts? If not that may well be the reason.

It was weird the first time. I wasn't focusing at all. When I tried to move it, It wouldn't move. When I was looking somewhere else or just staring at it, It moved. Now I am focusing and getting it to wiggle a bit and If I'm lucky, it will move a tiny bit. My other way doesn't seem to work anymore :(

"What If There Is No Afterlife? What Happens? Do We Blink Out Of Existence?" ~ Me

"Why Did That Old Man From The Rhyme Come Rolling Home? Wouldn't That Kind Of Be Painful For A Man His Age?" ~ Me

March 12, 2004, 04:50:07 PM
Reply #4

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
You may be having a down day... Just try again tomorrow... And if you did it in the morning or when tired, or at night, try it at the same time again. Might help.

Off-topic, but a couple of days ago I gave the psiwheel a hand again after 3 months of not even looking at it... I spun it immediately! I was so proud I hadn't forgotten how to do it! W00T!

March 12, 2004, 06:06:10 PM
Reply #5

Syko Dragon

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/syko_dragon/index.html
I did the same thing, but over 6 months without doing it.  It really just depends on the person.  I still had to build up to where I left off at, and I ended up exceeding that point within 2 days.

The point is, time is irrelevent to show if you've truly learned a skill, or if it was just a "good" day/week/month.  I still don't have it "all" the time, but consistent enough to start to become all the time.

My advice to learning = doing anything would be to not lose hope and keep training.  You have already moved it, but your confidence plays a major role in succeeding AND improving.  It is just like any other type of training.  You keep training your basics until those basics are easy, which then you begin to combine the basics to get intermediate and eventually advanced abilities, but you can't get anywhere if you don't believe that you can.

Good luck training.  Until we meet again...
"The path of non-resistance is fine for an adapting conformist, but sometimes you have to know when to cut through the grain to express your individualism." ~Me

"The Advanced is just the Basics reconstructed in a Complex way." ~Me

March 12, 2004, 06:37:54 PM
Reply #6

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Thank you for your inspiring words Syko Dragon and thank you too Sadistic-ss. I will continue my training and hopefully I won't have too many "off days".

March 13, 2004, 12:25:44 AM
Reply #7

JectWallace

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: learning = doing anything
It was weird the first time. I wasn't focusing at all. When I tried to move it, It wouldn't move. When I was looking somewhere else or just staring at it, It moved. Now I am focusing and getting it to wiggle a bit and If I'm lucky, it will move a tiny bit. My other way doesn't seem to work anymore :(

You are still quite lucky because some people don't get any results for months. You can experement with this and get progress. Now, if this was under glass then this is worth while. Right, change your consciousness level until it moves. Because it seems that each time you are not focusing you actually move it. I think it would be pointless giving you my technique because this is your way and if your not happy with it then with practice you can have full control over it. As I was saying, focus on it then don't and try different moods and mindsets untill it moves. Then if for example if you were in an unfocused state and it moved then examine the way you feel when it moves. If then you go back to that state of consciousness when you move it but this time it doesn't then and it's on and off then try another consciousness state. After a while you will get the hang of what it feels like to move it and may become consciousness of what you are doing and how to change it. This may not be all clear but it is worth a try. It' just my theory. It also helps by chanting "you are gonna move." Anyway, good luck  ;)

Cya
E=mc˛, TK= CFe + VC + ZPE - SD - E+
What's the point in getting up today, what's the point in doing anything anyway?[/FONT][/COLOR]

March 13, 2004, 11:35:43 AM
Reply #8

crow

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
OH My GOD! This happend to me too! I was able to control the way it went, when it should move/ stop and do anything. Then I couldnt move it at all. What I do is meditate! It Helps alot I am now able to move the wheel like I used to.
~crow

March 13, 2004, 11:34:17 PM
Reply #9

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
To: JectWallace- I don't Feel a thing when it moves. I just watch it and it starts moving.
      Crow- Before I start, I always meditate. So thats not the problem.

March 21, 2004, 11:25:07 AM
Reply #10

crow

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
But how long do you meditate for? And what do you conecntrate on. Basicaly Im asking you how you meditate..... Post something and I will do my best to help.
~crow

March 21, 2004, 04:04:28 PM
Reply #11

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Actually I managed to get myself to be able to move the psiwheel again. Thanks for all your help.