Author Topic: Morphosephram - The Handbook of Shadows  (Read 26253 times)

February 22, 2009, 04:26:43 PM
Reply #30

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
amorfati: Trolling is and art. You still have to practice to make it look good.
I'm sorry that I sometimes post lighthearted comments.

It's not like you can't psot stuff like that at all, I'm not trying to say that. I do it, too :P
However, you could do that outside the main boards :)
Well, some kid thinking he can magickally transform into a werewolf isn't exactly something that qualifies serious responses.

Just saying.

Lol, yea.

February 23, 2009, 07:18:05 AM
Reply #31

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The souls of the True shall always remain strong.
    • View Profile
Well, if he wants to go try and do it, let him. We say we know it doesn't work and he tries anyways, who is really at a loss? No one. Unless you want to say time spent was a loss.

If it doesn't work, then he learns it doesn't work. He was warned.
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

February 23, 2009, 09:50:58 AM
Reply #32

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
Werewolf transformation is tricky to master, but it can be done. The technique is simple. Wait for a full moon. On the nights the full moon is around literally stare into it from when the sun goes down until it rises in the morning. While staring, fuse your being with the idea of a werewolf. If everything goes correctly, you'll wind up naked, under a tree, or possibly on top of a skyscraper. After that, you just need to work on controlling the skill. Good luck!
Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

February 23, 2009, 11:01:06 AM
Reply #33

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
A technique from folklore states that you have to wear a belt made of a wolf's fur while you make a pact with the devil on a full moon's night. Or something.

February 23, 2009, 11:06:56 AM
Reply #34

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
A technique from folklore states that you have to wear a belt made of a wolf's fur while you make a pact with the devil on a full moon's night. Or something.

That's correct to a degree. My sources more accurately state that you should be wearing apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur.

February 23, 2009, 12:25:01 PM
Reply #35

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
The whole club should be looking at you, too.
Once these requirements are fulfilled, you should hit the floor.

February 23, 2009, 11:50:07 PM
Reply #36

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thank you for the qualified answers. Sometimes its better to be quiet.

I did not ask you about becoming a were-creature, i asked you about a book and its author. If you dont know anything about it, just dont post crap. I thaught this is a professional board with open-minded people.

February 24, 2009, 12:01:11 AM
Reply #37

amorfati

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thank you for the qualified answers. Sometimes its better to be quiet.

I did not ask you about becoming a were-creature, i asked you about a book and its author. If you dont know anything about it, just dont post crap. I thaught this is a professional board with open-minded people.

We're not so open minded as to think that one could transform oneself into a werewolf. Sorry. Open mindedness and free-thinking should not be two entirely different things. We're not open-minded to the point of absurdity.

If you want to limit the discussion into just discussing one book that apparently no one knows anything about, it's your loss.

You can't limit feedback to only the answers you want to hear. (hint: I'm pretty sure that the "qualified answers" were sarcasm, if I'm wrong correct me).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:06:40 AM by amorfati »
deos enim religuos accipimus, Caesares dedimos.

"If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe." -Soren Kierkegaard.

February 24, 2009, 12:24:51 AM
Reply #38

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Some are open minded, some are were-idiots who irrationally hound people at even the hint of fluff, without first stopping to ask and make sure that there really is fluff in the topic.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

February 24, 2009, 01:44:17 AM
Reply #39

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
I thought my instructions were pretty clear, but of course it's all up to interpretation. But would you know it, the next thing you know shorty got low, low, low.....

February 24, 2009, 03:18:41 AM
Reply #40

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Just forget it, useless to write any more words. You are right, my fault to ask about a book no one knows.

@Admin

please close the thread
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 03:24:17 AM by CanisLupusArctos »

February 24, 2009, 03:44:55 AM
Reply #41

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile

February 24, 2009, 05:39:27 AM
Reply #42

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
You should all be ashamed for behaving like ignorant kids. CanisLupusArctos has every right to be disappointed in the behavior displayed in this thread.

I know nobody's perfect, but we're here to discuss the nature of metaphysics with each other, and that does not include making assumptions about a person's character or level of maturity. It's not conducive to any positive process and makes you look foolish and pathetic.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

February 24, 2009, 07:36:25 AM
Reply #43

amorfati

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Calling someone "closed minded" seems to be the trump card of ad hominem attacks.

Being close minded is dismissing a proposition because it does not agree with your paradigm. Dismissing a proposition because it's ridiculous isn't being closed minded in the least, it's being rational. You guys can be as politically correct as you want, but political correctness will actually limit your ability to think freely.

ignore the fools for your view may  be right or wrong and humanity lacks so much knowledge of what is beyond this world no one can tell you either way
constructive opinions help and close minded views only show the flaws of others.
Non sequitor much? How can you be a relativist and then talk about "constructive opinions"? There's no constructivism in the nihilistic relativism you've described. There are things that are rational, and things subject to perspective. Then, there are things that are irrational, like thinking that you can turn into a werewolf.
Pity the closeminded and try and help them evolve, appreciate the constructive and openminded as they will help you evolve.
That's right, you'll evolve by only choosing to listen to criticism that aligns to your argument.
for as long as you find the right path for yourself you are doing alright
What if the "right path" for me is warning people that they can't transform into werewolves?

CanisLupusArctos, I believe that it is constructive criticism for me to say that you can't transform into a wereworlf and you got conned on the book you bought.
Sorry. There's no "whatever works for you" here; you can try and trick yourself into thinking it works all you want. For your own "evolution", don't waste your time trying to become a werewolf or using this book.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:38:26 AM by amorfati »
deos enim religuos accipimus, Caesares dedimos.

"If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe." -Soren Kierkegaard.

February 24, 2009, 08:59:26 AM
Reply #44

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
I never said with any word that i want to transform into a werewolf, i want to merge with my animal spirit and thats wolf, there maybe a path leading to a beeing thats similiar to that what society is calling a werewolf. A physical transformation to a wolf would be the last step on the ladder of merging. And dont try to apply your limited view to me, i know, and i mean i really know and feel that it is possible.

The border of what you can do or not do is only your mind. There is no limit.

I want to thank the few here that give me a positive feedback. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:01:34 AM by CanisLupusArctos »