Author Topic: Morphosephram - The Handbook of Shadows  (Read 26258 times)

February 13, 2009, 08:26:48 AM
Read 26258 times

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
I hope i dont bother anyone with this topic, but i baught the M.T.H.O.S from William R Wraithe, I know the Golden Dawn and some others dont like him, because they say he released some of their secrets to the puplic and the book is to dangerous.

But I would like to know some other opinions and views, i am really interested in that book and i would like to know if the rituals are such dangerous as it seems to be. I searched the web, but i found only a bit of information. I dont want to annoy anybody with this thread. If i do so please tell me.

February 13, 2009, 08:44:15 AM
Reply #1

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
I don't have any comments on the book (never heard of it, though I seriously doubt you could cause yourself or anyone else any major harm by merely reading a book.) though I will say that you can go ahead and be as annoying as you want as long as you don't break the rules.

Seriously, we have plenty of annoying people here and knowing that you actually care if you are annoying or not shows us that you aren't really going to be trouble.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

February 13, 2009, 10:35:31 AM
Reply #2

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Well, a google search for the book name and the author name come up with a lot of sites talking about using it to become a werewolf... hopefully if it contains anything close to even one secret of the GD it would have more content than that in it.

A search of the author's name brings up only a couple of small websites. Nothing in wikipedia or any other large website, and nothing at all tying his name to the GD. Unless someone more knowledgable about this author and/or book comes along and says otherwise, I'm going to go with the idea that his book is being hyped up.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

February 13, 2009, 12:56:21 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
they say he released some of their secrets to the puplic and the book is to dangerous.

Many groups are out there that like to keep their techniques secret.  Most of the people here, however, believe that techniques are better refined when they see the light of day and face open analysis.  Most claims of techniques being "too powerful" or "too dangerous" to be discussed openly turn out to either not be so powerful, or not be so dangerous.  However by keeping things a secret, groups are often able to maintain a mystique of something being powerful or unique even if it is not.

Well, a google search for the book name and the author name come up with a lot of sites talking about using it to become a werewolf...

You didn't by any chance notice the name of the original poster?
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

February 13, 2009, 01:45:27 PM
Reply #4

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
There are three main sections in the book with a number of different rituals to complete the goal of the section and a lot of other stuff, like meditation technics, shields, sigils and recipes for ingridients. I heard a lot about his writer and i hoped to find some verified information about him and the book. I dont think the book is a fake or hyped, cant explain it, i feel it. And its a little bit strange, when you read the book its seems to change. You discover passages and phrases and your sure there was no such passage before.

February 13, 2009, 05:18:18 PM
Reply #5

Grimmjow

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Truth Trekker
    • View Profile
Perhaps you can make a PDF of the book so we can read it?

February 13, 2009, 11:14:59 PM
Reply #6

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
You can buy it as a pdf file at lulu.com, it would be a copyright violation if i post a pdf document of the book. Sry, i thaught someone has read it and know the writer or has some information about both.

February 14, 2009, 02:03:05 PM
Reply #7

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
There are three main sections in the book with a number of different rituals to complete the goal of the section and a lot of other stuff, like meditation technics, shields, sigils and recipes for ingridients. I heard a lot about his writer and i hoped to find some verified information about him and the book. I dont think the book is a fake or hyped, cant explain it, i feel it. And its a little bit strange, when you read the book its seems to change. You discover passages and phrases and your sure there was no such passage before.
Don't be confusing yourself with the book
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

February 14, 2009, 11:39:12 PM
Reply #8

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks for the advice, but some usefull information would be nice.

February 15, 2009, 12:51:16 AM
Reply #9

amorfati

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Are you trying to become a werewolf?...

Seriously?...
deos enim religuos accipimus, Caesares dedimos.

"If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe." -Soren Kierkegaard.

February 15, 2009, 08:55:44 AM
Reply #10

CanisLupusArctos

• Settling In

• View Profile
I wanna merge with my animal spirit wolf. Its not my goal to become a werewolf, that could be a side effect but i dont know that and its not a werewolf like the movie thing, its more shapeshifter like.

February 15, 2009, 09:15:09 AM
Reply #11

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
Pretty much bogus I'd estimate. The human body isn't made to contain a nonhuman spirit, nor is it made to morph in any way.

February 15, 2009, 10:11:55 AM
Reply #12

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
It does, however, have the capacity to change one's personality to include believed traits of an animal. If that's what you're going for, a bit of simple meditation would work wonders.

February 15, 2009, 10:13:01 AM
Reply #13

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile

February 15, 2009, 10:13:40 AM
Reply #14

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
Berserkerganger would do something like that, merging with the spirit animal. The concept is taking on the ferocity of an animal that you desire to be more like and to take that into battle. Going into such a frenzied trance takes a while to do properly, so they say.

However, I'm not sure you can really literally merge with an animal spirit. I don't claim to know everything about the Metaphysical anatomy of the soul, but it sets off a lot of my natural alarms.

See what happens, give it a try. If it doesn't work out, try to take a different approach to achieve the same ends (IE: Meditating upon the qualities of the animal you admire.)

Also, I just remember, I seem to recall something about ancient Asian warriors merging with demon spirits in order to improve their effectiveness in combat. May be worth looking into.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/