Author Topic: Dream Fighting  (Read 1657 times)

February 12, 2009, 04:48:25 AM
Read 1657 times

Micky-P

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I've noticed an interesting change, for as long as I can remember, any time I have a dream in which I get into a fight I always move very slowly while my opponent moves at normal speed, all my punches hit with the softest touch no matter how hard I throw them while my opponents send me reeling. (in fact in the real world I hit with strength unexpected of somebody of my build)

Recently however all the dreams I've had in which a fight has taken place not only have I moved at normal speed and hit with normal strength but I've beaten my opponents.

I've tried to think of some real world change that has caused this shift but nothing comes to mind. All I know is it feels god not to be helpless in my own dreams anymore.

Anybody have any idea what this signifies, basic ideas of better confidence I get but it feels like something deeper is at work here.
(insert something suggesting knowledge and wit)

February 12, 2009, 05:17:00 AM
Reply #1

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
Same thing used to happen to me. Always too slow, too weak. Then I had... two dreams that I can recall where I moved quickly and won these battles.

Since then I've had no dreams of the sort.

I believe, in my case at least, it was mostly concerning my low self-esteem I had for years, and the inability to do well at physical activities. The dreams stopped about the time I stopped comparing myself to other people physically, and now I have dreams about other day to day things on my mind.

Real world changes might not seem so big at first glance in many cases, but they can put certain parts of your psyche at ease quite efficiently.

Either way, congrats on feeling better about yourself. :p
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

February 12, 2009, 05:31:34 AM
Reply #2

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
I remember two dreams in which I had a fight, and I allways beat the fuck out of my opponent.

February 12, 2009, 11:15:43 AM
Reply #3

sousuke_sagura

• Settling In

• View Profile
I understand what you mean, where your body feels so heavy and you can barely move.  You feel weak or drained or something.  But I have also had dreams where I have superhuman speed and strength, so I dont really think much of them.  Dreams are the way of your subconscious working out issues the conscious mind doesnt, its not entirely necessary or likely to understand them fully on a conscious level.  Dream interpretation is a large and varying field.