Author Topic: wtf am i seeing?  (Read 3580 times)

January 25, 2009, 06:04:54 AM
Read 3580 times

ShadowStriker

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    All Around WTF
    • View Profile
for the last month for some weird ass reason ive either been seeing black...objects...running out of the corner of my eye or right in front of me, and then there are times when there are white flashes above me or far in front of me, and i dont mean like the flash of the sun off of metal, like, a white flash, something really really bright but it all happens for a split second so i figured i should ask, am i seeing energy or do i have a tumor? lol
The Strong Take From the Weak, The Smart Take From The Strong, The Quick Take From The Smart, And The Weak Rise Up Against Them All

January 25, 2009, 07:27:42 AM
Reply #1

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
What does your current training look like? Some times this does happen for those training seriously in esoteric arts.

January 25, 2009, 07:42:05 AM
Reply #2

Equilibrium

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    AFK
    • View Profile
actually you're just blinking.

January 25, 2009, 07:44:08 AM
Reply #3

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
I'd see an optician, flashes can be indicative of retinal tearing.
“And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste.” -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

January 25, 2009, 03:01:35 PM
Reply #4

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

January 25, 2009, 03:52:49 PM
Reply #5

PhoenixJCC

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
How big are the flashes of light? Are they pinpoints or large spheres?

January 25, 2009, 05:22:52 PM
Reply #6

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• B̮̜̳̲͕ͦ̍͟ͅe̡̋̈́ͬ̐ả̬̹̳̼̫̜̟͂͛ͣû̓͑̚t̀̉҉̤y̌͂

• View Profile
Drink a lot of caffeine?
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

January 27, 2009, 10:11:01 AM
Reply #7

ShadowStriker

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    All Around WTF
    • View Profile
saw an optician, said that my vision is fine and that it might be a psychological problem, so we can rule out that im going blind but that im still nuts lol. from what i can remember, the last blob i saw looked like a cat/racoon thing running across the street, and flash of light was like, well, a flash of light like this   http://www.maryjanelab.com/digitals/white%20light.jpg only without the lightbulb in it obviously -_- 
The Strong Take From the Weak, The Smart Take From The Strong, The Quick Take From The Smart, And The Weak Rise Up Against Them All

January 27, 2009, 11:03:54 AM
Reply #8

Dutie

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Form through Thought and Action.
    • View Profile
This happens to me from time to time.  I'm not in the asylum yet, so I'd say you'll probably more-than-likely be okay, maybe.
No matter how badly the world may beat me I will get up, and I will keep getting up until my body is no longer there and my spirit transcends this world.

January 27, 2009, 01:02:35 PM
Reply #9

AltraLucid

• View Profile
Not sure about the Flashes, but everything else looks like Shadow Being activity, they can vary from different forms to a blob of darkness of the size of a basket ball to the size of a 6 ft human.  Some people can mistake them as demons, but their aura of energy isn't pure negative like the demons.

January 27, 2009, 06:47:42 PM
Reply #10

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
Yeah, SD, watch out for them shadow people.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

February 04, 2009, 08:14:16 AM
Reply #11

drakus

• Settling In

• View Profile
    • Borogog
I also tend to get them "flashesh", but more than a focal thing, it's like suddenly EVERYTHING is illuminated, it's like when you are in bed at night (er, dark room...) and someone turns on the light... weird, but for me weird is good so i don't really freak out about it.

Drax.

February 04, 2009, 10:33:18 AM
Reply #12

Vegita

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I tend to agree with the possibility of "shadow people". From what I have read and experienced, they are astral beings (4th dimension anyone?) They are similar to what we view as animals, only they exist in the astral plane. They don't have negative intent per se, but they do feed off negative energy. I for one noticed my girlfriend having a terrible nightmare one night, She was murmuring and kicking around. I opened my eyes and saw a black shadow receed from the side of the bed and melt into a shadow in my room, I then noticed it moving quickly back and forth between several shadows. I instantly started setting up defensive shields around her and sent out some blasts of pure gold positive light energy. Well at least thats what I visualized doing. In any event her nightmare shortly ended and she came to. She said she had a terrible dream where a vampire was sucking the life out of her. This was confirmation enough for me that what had happened was not just in my head, or a random coincidence.

Basically though, I guess the shadows are just drawn to negative energy to feed, they will be drawn to someone with negativity in thier life and attach to them and feed of that negativity. I don't think they operate on any level higher than that, like a plan to kill or enslave all of humanity, it's just kinda like how a wolf will go kill your sheep to eat, he isn't evil, allthough the results for you are not very good, it's just the wolfs nature.

I would say if you are seeing them, you may have either attracted them somehow, or my even have one or more attached to you. Again, based on my readings, don't use white light energy to repel them as in the astral, white is "good" and black is "bad", there may actually be some higher warring factions that view it as an attack who might come by and start trouble with you, it might be a remote chance, but why risk it. Instead use a natural Gold light to repel it, like the color of the sun, this is a neutral energy force and is not viewed as a threat to any possible factions (if they even exist) and it's just as effective as using white light energy, at least it was in my case. To do it, just pretend you are a sun, and visualize golden energy pulsating out of you in a sphere like manner. A few minutes of really visualizing this should drive anything attached to you away, I also do it once in a while just in case, even if i'm not noticing anything.

V

February 06, 2009, 08:01:37 PM
Reply #13

ShadowStriker

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    All Around WTF
    • View Profile
i started writing down when i see either the flashes or the shadows, and apparantly they happen when im in an emotional state (angry or laughing my ass off about somthing) or when im talking to my girlfriend, is it a coincidence?

February 09, 2009, 04:00:10 PM
Reply #14

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Shadow beings fear imagined gold light, just as black people fear flashlights?

I find, that people who have been working on clairvoyance and such often experience such things. I think that perhaps this is self-delusion. I think these people expect to see something but don't have the mental faculties neccesary to create a complete illusion, thusly, they just see blackness slink about (generally superimposing typical animal or demonic shapes on top of them). When questioned, they often realise that the shape was just moving blackness causing them to further question the legitimacy of their experience.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....