Author Topic: Past, Present, Future Meditation  (Read 18339 times)

April 18, 2009, 05:11:26 PM
Reply #15

Angelus_Everto

• View Profile
Quite interesting... I'd be more in awe if it weren't for the fact that for some reason I was born that way. As far as I am concerned, the passage of time is nothing more than what most would consider a blink. It isn't so much as my soul is separated from the physical realm, it just doesn't comprehend the fact that its in it. If anything I have to focus on the physical plane lest I let time flow by frivolously.

Although I must admit, from this view point one could easily achieve what you have described here. If I may be so bold as to ask for the reverse though do to the predicament I had mentioned before...

April 18, 2009, 09:02:26 PM
Reply #16

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Quite interesting... I'd be more in awe if it weren't for the fact that for some reason I was born that way. As far as I am concerned, the passage of time is nothing more than what most would consider a blink. It isn't so much as my soul is separated from the physical realm, it just doesn't comprehend the fact that its in it. If anything I have to focus on the physical plane lest I let time flow by frivolously.

I imagine you interpret sports in a very comical way.

Although I must admit, from this view point one could easily achieve what you have described here. If I may be so bold as to ask for the reverse though do to the predicament I had mentioned before...

The fact that you would want the reverse effect of this meditation would prove that regardless of how unconcerned your soul is with the physical world there is still something that it finds important within this world. If you are able to define what that thing  is (or what those things are) that you find important then you can at that point decide whether it is truly worth your involvement, if it is worth it then you should be able just to choose greater involvement.

The point of the article was to demonstrate that the souls depth of focus and involvement in the physical world was entirely up to the soul, and whether you're trying to disconnect from the world or connect with it better your level of involvement has always been entirely up to you.

-k

April 19, 2009, 07:51:06 AM
Reply #17

Angelus_Everto

• View Profile

I imagine you interpret sports in a very comical way.

Too true. In fact, because of that I don't enjoy watching sports all that much. In regards as to what my connection is with the physical world is, (as cheesy as this may sound) my link is my friends. They are not familiar with this and it is rather hard to relate to most things since our concepts regarding time are vastly different. But the real problem is the re-living factor. Time in all manners and forms (Past, Present, & Future) exist in my mind in just the now. That which has been done is being done; that which has yet to be done seems like it has; and everything that is currently going on around me seems to be nothing more than stepping with the motions.

Now that gets really old.

April 19, 2009, 08:07:36 AM
Reply #18

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
That which has been done is being done; that which has yet to be done seems like it has; and everything that is currently going on around me seems to be nothing more than stepping with the motions.

Now that gets really old.
Are these a form of precognitions you're talking about?

I've been having several short flashes of situations to come, people I'll meet, phrases they say. Once I'm there and things start heading that way, I interrupt them by saying it myself, or changing little things, either way the following flashes happen anyway. It's like anchor points...

I was thinking it might get old after a while... It should make for quite some calm though, right? Knowing things will be okay...

April 19, 2009, 08:38:01 AM
Reply #19

Angelus_Everto

• View Profile

It should make for quite some calm though, right?

Yes it does, but calm all the time is not something one should go looking for.

April 19, 2009, 08:44:37 AM
Reply #20

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
calm all the time is not something one should go looking for.
You mean because it's resident, or not all the time, or not calm...?

OP: Nice article, forgot to mention it.

April 19, 2009, 08:54:24 AM
Reply #21

Angelus_Everto

• View Profile
Because it tends to get boring. The purpose of calm is to achieve it, but that can not happen if calm is a constant.