Author Topic: Initiation Into Hermetics Commentary  (Read 40923 times)

October 26, 2008, 01:44:48 AM
Read 40923 times

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    I decided to keep the Commentary in pdf form as it looks better that way and is easier to work with.  I hope you enjoy it.  You will notice that it is a little more formal in the introduction than most articles, and that is because the pdf is intended for a larger audience than just Veritas, as I am releasing it to some other circles of people and other online communities as well so that everyone can benefit from it.  I have attached the commentary.

~Fra.Veos   
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

October 26, 2008, 02:45:35 AM
Reply #1

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Thank you for this comemetery Veos.

Namaste

October 26, 2008, 05:47:49 AM
Reply #2

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

October 26, 2008, 08:32:13 AM
Reply #3

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I have only had time to read the introduction and Step I, but already it has answered many questions that have been floating around in my head.

Thank you very much Veos.

Namaste
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

October 26, 2008, 08:57:56 AM
Reply #4

Fireblade

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Sorcerer from the North
    • View Profile
This is great. I just finished it and it has made several things more clear.
Thank you Veos
What one know is a secret
What two knows: everyone knows
-Norwegian saying

October 26, 2008, 12:30:56 PM
Reply #5

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
The first thing I have to say is this is a really great little book , i'm sure it will help me immensly when I run into problems. I've had trouble with the step one mental exercises though i've gotten better at it recently and I've talked to various people about it, I've also read in a book I'm not sure which one but It was either Kundlina Yoga or another book by the same author, that its better to train concentration fairly extensivly before trying to empty the mind which is a differnt order than bardon teaches.

Whats worked best for me is learning to concentrate with the step two exercises a little bit then started practicing step oen and it was much more natural and my mind naturally was much more silent. I ussually do a little of both each day not always the same amount. Obviously your of the opinion that its better to train in the order Bardon teaches which is probably best if you can do it. I've talked to another magician who says that for him he had to work on the step two mental concentrations up higher before emptying his mind for 10 minutes, I have much less experience and knowledge than you or Bardon, I just wanted to know your opinon on practicing like that.

Also I've been practicing pranayama like you told me to a few weeks ago and I think that has been a part of whats helped me recently since i've had more success in my practice since then.  

October 26, 2008, 06:04:47 PM
Reply #6

Schlagzeug

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Quote from: Veos
The average student in our Ashram spends [...] 8-10 hours a day once they learn to replace most of their
sleep with deep meditation.
At what point in IIH could this be achieved? How?

October 26, 2008, 07:31:03 PM
Reply #7

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Quote from: Veos
The average student in our Ashram spends [...] 8-10 hours a day once they learn to replace most of their
sleep with deep meditation.
At what point in IIH could this be achieved? How?

Yoga

October 27, 2008, 11:30:19 AM
Reply #8

Lexie

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile

October 28, 2008, 03:48:39 PM
Reply #9

Entity

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    : : A a U u M m : :
    • View Profile
    • United Psionics Club
Exceptional. Actually cleared up a lot of questions for even me... EVEN ME. I mean... seriously? ME? Great job, thanks.
: : O m  N a m a h  S h i v a y a : :

October 29, 2008, 04:27:53 PM
Reply #10

lexusfox

• Settling In

• View Profile
    • Bardonista
Clarifying, concise and down-to-earth material. I'm translating it right now to Portuguese - of course, with the author's permission. It will help many Portuguese speakers around the world in their way in IIH.

October 30, 2008, 06:26:13 AM
Reply #11

Micky-P

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Brilliant work Veos, this has helped immensely and cleared up a lot of uncertainties. 
(insert something suggesting knowledge and wit)

November 06, 2008, 08:12:52 AM
Reply #12

Rina.Yaxow

• Personal Text
    -perfection.is.despair-
    • View Profile
Thanks Veos. :)

I have one question, if anyone knows... Franz Bardon is still alive? I have no idea about the autor, so please, enlighten me. x) :) I'd be very grateful.
"The enemy is one, you are one, what is there to fear?"
"Stand up, gaze forward; hesitate and you will die, retreat and you will age..."

November 06, 2008, 08:17:04 AM
Reply #13

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Afraid not. Franz Bardon died in 1956 (or something like that).

November 06, 2008, 12:13:22 PM
Reply #14

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
  Franz Bardon is presumed dead.  I say presumed because no one ever actually saw his dead body other than the alleged government.  When the Government released his body it was encased in a galvanized steel coffin that was sealed shut.  Neither his friends or his family or anyone who knew him were allowed by the government to see his dead body.  They just had to assume it was his.  Lumir Bardon, his son, and his student Dr. M.K mention that there was rumor that he had been taken away to Russia to work with the Government on spagyric medicines and psychic abilities.  Chances are that he died when they said he did, but he wouldn't be the first famous magician to have faked his death.  Just some food for thought.