Author Topic: Notes on Invocation  (Read 18987 times)

July 17, 2009, 07:38:25 AM
Reply #15

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
Somewhere in that article it states that after you've been doing the invocation of a certain spirit, certain lower spirits that are in conjunction with the one your invoking will come to you and give you messages. Will this happen randomly? I'm curious, because what will happen if you're driving in your car and one decides to appear to you? Or say your at some sort of family dinner and you start staring at a certain part of the wall and continually nod your head in agreement with it? Maybe some of these questions are somewhat ignorant and I apologize, but I'm curious if the spirits will know when your not preoccupied with something?

July 17, 2009, 11:29:04 AM
Reply #16

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Would you disrespect you master like that? Kinda like trying to tell a king something without permission while he is at his feast. It wouldn't create a more pleasant job >.>

Ofcourse I have no experience in this, but that is my idea.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

July 17, 2009, 01:15:42 PM
Reply #17

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
That's a good point, I didn't look at it that way,

July 17, 2009, 01:48:56 PM
Reply #18

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Not everyone cares what supposed position you have in your own mind, nor what kind of power you weild, especially when they think they're being helpful and so would have less reason to fear you being a dick by punishing them just because they care less about the transient and meaningless things of this world than you do :)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

May 19, 2010, 04:39:53 AM
Reply #19

superzeno

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
 :cool:hey great article on forcecraft but I have a question is it possible to do invocation and gain powers or ability with the deity you merge with reply soon.

May 20, 2010, 01:58:57 PM
Reply #20

Svatejasaa

• Veritas Teacher
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
superzeno:

Veos will likely not respond, or at least not any time soon. So I'll try to address your question.

In an invocation you immerse yourself in the high frequency energies of a particular deity. This greatly increases the vibration of the various vehicles (i.e. the astral and mental bodies) and creates a pure atmosphere wherein kundalini can effortlessly rise up the spine. In other words, it's a complete method of magical, spiritual evolution; it exalts the consciousness and the various bodies.  It's primary purpose is not to gain abilities.

But through invocation you can learn a lot about a particular religion or pantheon, and the secret mysteries that are contained in the pantheon. This sort of wisdom may bring "abilities." Likewise, by causing the kundalini to rise up the spine and activating the chakras, certain abilities will awaken. These are called "siddhis," and are abilities that belong to your soul. These are not magical operations or feats because they do not exhaust your astral or mental bodies of energy.

There's more to it I'm sure, but the basic idea I'm trying to convey is that abilities are indirectly developed through invocation, not directly, because invocation is about more than just abilities.

May 21, 2010, 05:14:01 AM
Reply #21

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I dont understand why superzero78 has reported this post as being problematic other then that he did not get the answer he desired or possibly a wrong hit button.  Things look fine here.  carry on.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.