Author Topic: Applications for the Dynamic Hermetics psi and magic course are closed.  (Read 25801 times)

November 06, 2008, 02:47:11 PM
Reply #30

helikos

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    beginning practice
    • View Profile
I apologize for the delay in applications. I'm almost finished grading, the PMs will be sent out within the next few days.

It's been over a month with no comment from XIII about the class. :confused:
What's going on?
Per Ardua Ad Astra
"Through travail to the stars"

"One must find out for oneself, and make sure beyond doubt, 'who' one is, 'what' one is, 'why' one is."
- Aleister Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice

November 06, 2008, 04:54:33 PM
Reply #31

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
My life picked up a bit near the final week of the application period. I'm trying to finish setting stuff up before I send out acceptance PMs.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

November 06, 2008, 10:51:09 PM
Reply #32

Falsifica

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
We both have Eyes. We both have Brains. Yet neither of us can see.

November 07, 2008, 12:41:10 AM
Reply #33

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I was wondering if there will be a dynamic psi course any time soon that only deals with psionism?

November 07, 2008, 04:30:01 AM
Reply #34

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
I was wondering if there will be a dynamic psi course any time soon that only deals with psionism?

We're still waiting on the acceptance PM's on that one.  :D
* Big Boss casually throws a glance in kobok's direction. :p
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

November 07, 2008, 04:38:35 AM
Reply #35

helikos

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    beginning practice
    • View Profile
My life picked up a bit near the final week of the application period. I'm trying to finish setting stuff up before I send out acceptance PMs.

Cool, I was getting worried.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
"Through travail to the stars"

"One must find out for oneself, and make sure beyond doubt, 'who' one is, 'what' one is, 'why' one is."
- Aleister Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice

November 07, 2008, 06:42:35 AM
Reply #36

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
No matter what, this class is going down. Don't worry about acceptance; I'm assuming most of you that stayed with the site will be accepted, and if you worked hard on your application, and I can see this, you'll be accepted.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

November 07, 2008, 12:17:58 PM
Reply #37

sentient

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
By the way, since I've written my application I've figured out how to do some kinesis. Just thought I'd let you know.

November 07, 2008, 06:59:11 PM
Reply #38

Nicky18

• View Profile
By the way, since I've written my application I've figured out how to do some kinesis. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hi Sentient,

Care to share how you figured it out?   :)

November 07, 2008, 09:53:24 PM
Reply #39

sentient

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile

Hi Sentient,

Care to share how you figured it out?   :)

Well, it's different for everyone, but for me I found taking a physical approach (rather then visual) was effective.

November 19, 2008, 11:02:37 PM
Reply #40

Pursuit of Knowledge

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
My girlfriend offered me some advice. She told me to "think" it happening, rather than just brute force of will, which I've obviously not done very well with because mine is not developed yet, according to Regardie's Tree of Life which I've been studying.

I have boot camp, starting 12/2/08 and lasts roughly 2 months. I will be unable to participate in ANYTHING at all, except with correspondence through snail mail. If the class takes place (which I'm guessing it will) during the aforementioned period, could I still have access to the class material, assuming I've been accepted? I really need this class and if I'm in boot camp I can't do jack ****. Is there any solution anyone sees to this? Of course the class could be in February and I'll be out of boot camp then and in my job school, where I can (after a few weeks) check my email and stuff again.
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart ~old Indian saying

Do not comfort yourself by failing less than your peers. If you fall short of ideal target feel comforted, if short of realistic target work harder. ~Raitaro