Author Topic: "quite an interesting and fairly long story"  (Read 14533 times)

September 03, 2008, 06:22:39 PM
Reply #15

U-mos

• Settling In

• View Profile
I do astral magic. haven't been able to manifest anything yet. though I haven't really asked how to go about practicing any physical manifesting magic.

Why do you do this astral magic? What purpose does it have and how does it help you and your life improve in quantity and quality of experiences? If you are doing magic, I am sure you have your reasons. I'm interested if you can tell me what they are.

I have a lot more energy than most humans and I excel at channeling fire.

Having a lot more energy than most humans is not overly difficult. If someone sits down and does just a little focused pranayama they will have a lot more energy than most humans (something of course, heartily recommended to many). Or indeed, if they live closer to how nature intended, and stop sitting on their ass, eating highly processed foods and hiding from the sun. Excelling at channeling fire would generally be an idea to make a point to work with water, unless one misses the point and likes the short term benefits and long term down falls. In any case, being gifted is often not all its cracked up to be. Those who are gifted in certain areas sometimes end up condeming themselves to only those areas and avoiding others, they don't develop the characteristics that lead to success such as persistence.

However, you needn't fit into that category. I'm sure you're intelligent and want to enjoy a well rounded, harmonious and full life with all the experiences life has to offer. Please answer the questions I posed earlier, it will help clear things up. :)
Its a skill thing. I want to transcend human limitations. There is so much I could do if I only learn how to.

No no, you misunderstand. The average human now days can archive about 8-12 times their basic energy. Though that takes quite a bit of dedication. Personally I am already at that level and I can still double, tipple or more. my limits are unknown. That probably will only take some effort. You underestimate me. Though I have to admit that I do suck in comparison to people who only lived a few thousand years ago but normal humans of these days are worse off.

You are quite right about gifted people limiting their possibilities. I use to suck at writing and thought I could only do science and mathematics well. I'm really good at math. but thanks to my english teacher last year my writing has gotten much much better. You have a point about practicing with water. fire magic lacks flow that water has which is needed to advance to lightning.

September 03, 2008, 08:54:23 PM
Reply #16

U-mos

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi U-mos,

Maybe if you could define "astral magic" for us it would help. Is it magic in the astral plane? or is it the use of astrological planets/signs as in ancient Arabic sources?
My question is has this magic had any influence on this physical plane that you have experienced. If so what was the experience and how did it influence, effect or benefit you or others?

Has Serdyn given any direction to assist you at all? What benefit does this relationship have in your studies? What is his purpose...he should know and share this if he is a deity or avatar and has claimed so.

It is true that there are techniques to gather energy that anyone could tap into if they so choose. Maybe you unconsciously use one or more which is great! You could investigate this to understand what it is you are doing...experiment with it to see how to control it...direct it in a positive and constructive manner.

Namaste

By astral magic I only mean a skill level. There really is no difference form "astral magic" and "physical magic" They are both products of the same proses but geting magic to manifest into a physical mode is much more difficult that just the telepathy and other non physical magic. but the non physical magic is very useful if you are going to venture out of body and what not. Because well there this kind of magic is very real and very useful. Due to how hard it is to brake the physical barrier for humans I still have a ways to go to get a physical interaction going.

Mostly Serdyn are my eyes. I am quite blind to exactly what my magic seasons do. Also in a way I am quite clueless when I don't have some one explaining how things work and how to go about things. Just now he told me that lava dosen't work too well at learning flow. I guess I'll have to learn how to summon water.

I'm taking too long to type this. I just summoned some water but I was trying to make it explode.

I have a quote form Serdyn him self for his purpose. "I'm just here for a good time. Who knows? I might find a way to make the world a better place. I might not. But I'm going to enjoy my stay."

Heh, I do tend to have some subconscious casting going on. I made a star trek themed shield and I made phasers with no effort. Didn't even know they where their till I was told. I may try to figure out the dynamics of my casting.

September 03, 2008, 09:11:53 PM
Reply #17

Micky-P

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
If every person who claimed to be a god/ess or a prophet was actually for real and could back up their grandiose claims with observable evidence, then the modern world wouldn't have the view that magic is a thing reserved for myths and lunatics.

I've encountered a lot of people who claim to be this and that, yet few have powers amounting to more than an inflated ego and overactive imagination.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:17:48 PM by Micky-P »
(insert something suggesting knowledge and wit)

September 03, 2008, 09:17:00 PM
Reply #18

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
As Prophecy said, come to Re-V-Con and bring your friend.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

September 03, 2008, 09:27:09 PM
Reply #19

U-mos

• Settling In

• View Profile
If every person who claimed to be a god/ess or a prophet was actually for real and could back up their grandiose claims with observable evidence, then the modern world wouldn't have the view that magic is a thing reserved for myths and lunatics.

I've encountered a lot of people who claim to be this and that, yet few have powers amounting to more than an inflated ego and overactive imagination.

Then its probably a good thing he is quite modest. I even felt his powers effect me and no, not a placebo effect I would not know how to create some things in my mind. If it was in my mind then it would conform to my beliefs and I would not have unexpected effects upon me.

September 03, 2008, 09:32:19 PM
Reply #20

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
Then bring him to V-con. I'll even drive him. If he can't make it, then we won't believe you.
Listen, we get an awful lot of people here claiming they can do so many things, and their friends are capable of so much more. I was even like that once (I grew up). I'm really not buying anything you say. All magic happens through the Astral. It is through the Astral that one makes things happen on the physical plane.
Did you actually see the lava you made, or did he just tell you you made it? As far as I can tell- this all sounds like delusion or just a really active imagination.
I went to see you complete the IIH before you make claims about exploding water.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

September 03, 2008, 09:51:52 PM
Reply #21

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
U-mos,

My hat is off to you...thank you for explaining.

It all makes sense know, if I am reading this right -  you are vision impaired. You have chosen a difficult path this life but on the other hand, have an advantage on sighted individuals. You do not have the distractions that most do from accessing and learning on the inner planes which is so hard for many to reach. Also, the development of your faculties outside the normal 5 senses will become quite acute if allowed.

You are absolutely right about magic...it all starts in the astral. Yes, being in control is essential in the other planes. As above, so below...

Had a good laugh at Serdyn's comment being here to enjoy it...have heard this somewhere before...

I honor the light that is within you

September 03, 2008, 11:20:39 PM
Reply #22

Shayden

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Then bring him to V-con. I'll even drive him. If he can't make it, then we won't believe you.
Listen, we get an awful lot of people here claiming they can do so many things, and their friends are capable of so much more. I was even like that once (I grew up). I'm really not buying anything you say. All magic happens through the Astral. It is through the Astral that one makes things happen on the physical plane.
Did you actually see the lava you made, or did he just tell you you made it? As far as I can tell- this all sounds like delusion or just a really active imagination.
I went to see you complete the IIH before you make claims about exploding water.

Im still on step 2 Practise section :rolleyes:  So, I am pretty sure barely anyone here is done..
How can anyone who doesn't have beliefs/delusions of eternal life feel content at the moments of their eradication?

September 04, 2008, 02:47:57 AM
Reply #23

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
Dude, wait. Other people telling you about stuff you didn't know of etc is no reliable verification at all. If I said "Oh lawd, i jsut found a death star construct in front of you", would you believe me? Probably not. I mean, only because he CLAIMS to be something doesn't mean he reall is what he claims to be. Have you ever seen something that is actually a TRUE verification? Something that wasn't just verbal? Something that was experianceable? Ask yourself. And about the modesty-thing. Saying "Omg godson" is not really modest in my eyes. A modest person wouldn't have mentioned it like that.

September 04, 2008, 09:52:40 AM
Reply #24

Oriens Lvx Lucis

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Quote from: U-mos
By astral magic I only mean a skill level. There really is no difference form "astral magic" and "physical magic" They are both products of the same proses but geting magic to manifest into a physical mode is much more difficult that just the telepathy and other non physical magic. but the non physical magic is very useful if you are going to venture out of body and what not. Because well there this kind of magic is very real and very useful. Due to how hard it is to brake the physical barrier for humans I still have a ways to go to get a physical interaction going.

Mostly Serdyn are my eyes. I am quite blind to exactly what my magic seasons do. Also in a way I am quite clueless when I don't have some one explaining how things work and how to go about things. Just now he told me that lava dosen't work too well at learning flow. I guess I'll have to learn how to summon water.

I'm taking too long to type this. I just summoned some water but I was trying to make it explode.

I have a quote form Serdyn him self for his purpose. "I'm just here for a good time. Who knows? I might find a way to make the world a better place. I might not. But I'm going to enjoy my stay."

Heh, I do tend to have some subconscious casting going on. I made a star trek themed shield and I made phasers with no effort. Didn't even know they where their till I was told. I may try to figure out the dynamics of my casting.

No no, you misunderstand. The average human now days can archive about 8-12 times their basic energy. Though that takes quite a bit of dedication. Personally I am already at that level and I can still double, tipple or more. my limits are unknown. That probably will only take some effort. You underestimate me. Though I have to admit that I do suck in comparison to people who only lived a few thousand years ago but normal humans of these days are worse off.

You are quite right about gifted people limiting their possibilities. I use to suck at writing and thought I could only do science and mathematics well. I'm really good at math. but thanks to my english teacher last year my writing has gotten much much better. You have a point about practicing with water. fire magic lacks flow that water has which is needed to advance to lightning.

1) I'm interested in your abilities.  What magic (astral or otherwise) are you able to perform, and what specific abilities have you accumulated or attained?  A list would be preferable if possible.

2) They underestimate you because they don't believe you.  Forgive them this, you are making claims which are outlandish, and have not proved them yet beyond mere rhetoric (which is not enough).  Veritas has a history of individuals coming and claiming they are able to do things which they cannot.  Understand that objectively, you are no more than another username making claims on a forum.  They cannot see you in person, so your claims are obviously not going to be taken seriously.

3) What do you mean by 8-12 times the energy?  You are making energetic growth seem much more black and white than it really is.  Human beings do not have such an easy limit.  In fact, a thaumaturgist could attain such a state (assuming you are saying absolute basic energy to humans in general, not relative personal basic energy) fairly easily, and there are those that constantly maintain such a state.  It has more to do with vibration than energy, though the two are intertwined.

4) 8-12 times the energy aside, I don't understand your magical ability.  How is it that I am able to perform weather manipulation without absorbing any sort of energy (and if there is a specific kind, please clarify it) and manifest the change physically but you cannot manifest a physical change working with (presumably) the same chain of manifestation down from astral to physical, but 8-12 times the level of energy needed?

5) What is "fire magic"?  Are you differentiating between magical systems according to what they manipulate?  The process of manifestation through the will (magic, in broad terms) is the same for manipulating any type of energy or substance.  A storm is called by the same process that ignites a fire.  Water is summoned in the form of snow by the same token as a fractured bone being healed.  You are (due to a mistake somewhere or misconstruing words) making magic seem divided into paradigms unnecessarily.

September 04, 2008, 10:44:31 AM
Reply #25

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
Failure and skeptics are not high on your list it seems (modestly also seem short in supply). Haven't you learn from the study of the mind that thoughts and feelings can be twisted from your own random thoughts? Its the power of lies within the mind that develops a ever more borad form of lies within reality. Your avoiding questions with emotional experience rather then reasonable evidence of any kind. Don't get me wrong philosophy is still nice to discuss, but this focus on a much wider angle to what you think and believe.

As said before you lack perceptive, you have never been anyone else to say we haven't been able to do the same. You have only been you and not me.

As for the theory its sadly becoming a U-mos law.....hopefully not forever, we may still look back at this and laugh.

(Murphy's law seem to reflect me :D)

Knowing that you are avoiding to talk about your friend I may as well ask if you have met any other human like deities. Perhaps in the astral plane from which you have obviousily practice on. Lets be clear that we must maintain on topic.

Oh, I also like to know what you think of god's in human form (like metaphyisical propities).
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

September 04, 2008, 10:51:54 AM
Reply #26

Orthas

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Archivist

• Personal Text
    Page of Cups
    • View Profile
Have you ever personally witnessed your friend Serdyn perform a physical magical manifestation? or has he only told you about them?

I still don't feel you have answered my question, you said that
I even felt his powers effect me
in reply to someone else.  I am interested to know if you have seen him manifest a physically visible effect, such as levitation, with your own eyes.

Some examples that avatars and prophets (by the hand of God) have performed in the past include but are not limited too;

Walking on water [1]
Manifesting a palace [2]
Splitting the moon in half [3]
Raising the dead [4]

[1] ~ Jesus in The Bible as an Avatar
[2] ~ Babaji in "The auto biography of a yogi" as an Avatar
[3] ~ Mohammed in The Quran as a prophet
[4] ~ Krishna in The Bhagavad Gita as an Avatar
“And you shall drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste.” -Almustafa, Garden of the Prophet.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

September 04, 2008, 03:32:48 PM
Reply #27

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Summoning a ton of astral lava is not hard by anymeans. Indeed all you have to do is think of it with a certain amount of dedication. i've done it several times whilst reading this thread.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

September 04, 2008, 06:41:57 PM
Reply #28

U-mos

• Settling In

• View Profile

1) I'm interested in your abilities.  What magic (astral or otherwise) are you able to perform, and what specific abilities have you accumulated or attained?  A list would be preferable if possible.

2) They underestimate you because they don't believe you.  Forgive them this, you are making claims which are outlandish, and have not proved them yet beyond mere rhetoric (which is not enough).  Veritas has a history of individuals coming and claiming they are able to do things which they cannot.  Understand that objectively, you are no more than another username making claims on a forum.  They cannot see you in person, so your claims are obviously not going to be taken seriously.

3) What do you mean by 8-12 times the energy?  You are making energetic growth seem much more black and white than it really is.  Human beings do not have such an easy limit.  In fact, a thaumaturgist could attain such a state (assuming you are saying absolute basic energy to humans in general, not relative personal basic energy) fairly easily, and there are those that constantly maintain such a state.  It has more to do with vibration than energy, though the two are intertwined.

4) 8-12 times the energy aside, I don't understand your magical ability.  How is it that I am able to perform weather manipulation without absorbing any sort of energy (and if there is a specific kind, please clarify it) and manifest the change physically but you cannot manifest a physical change working with (presumably) the same chain of manifestation down from astral to physical, but 8-12 times the level of energy needed?

5) What is "fire magic"?  Are you differentiating between magical systems according to what they manipulate?  The process of manifestation through the will (magic, in broad terms) is the same for manipulating any type of energy or substance.  A storm is called by the same process that ignites a fire.  Water is summoned in the form of snow by the same token as a fractured bone being healed.  You are (due to a mistake somewhere or misconstruing words) making magic seem divided into paradigms unnecessarily.
1) Fire channeling is my main squeeze right now. But I have done a few other things. I've occasionally peaked into the astral. but those fleeting images are hard to verify due to the fact that I end up not seeing much. Along with a pain spell that I dubbed "stab" because of the method I stumbled on it. Stab was the first spell I stumbled upon. combined with a few peaks into the astral I was able to mess around with that pain spell. Funny thing is that the peaks into the astral that I did to locate a few people to play with my stab spell where only images of their arm and hand in front of them. weird I know. But it was pretty cool because I got to verify the things I saw. I recently  had some luck with water but I was trying to channel it the same way as I did with fire which gave me a head ache. Fire explodes, water dosen't. I've had some good progress with shields. my last fire based shield exploded out ward and stuck to the doll Serdyn sent to touch it setting it on fire. I seem to have some auto casting going on because I didn't even think of those things.

2) Good point. I guess I could give a demonstration to any one who can astral project or use second site. But do to my lack of being able to AP my self I can only set up a time I will practice and let people come and go as they wish.

3) I'm not sure exactly how Serdyn went about his census but it is very likely that he simplified it for a quick assessment of my ability. My main point was that I not as restricted as most people. Its not a very comprehensive study of humans.

4) I do not know the specifications of your biology and what significant difference allows you to do such things. My guess is that you are more experienced. At first I dumped a lot of energy into whatever magic I was doing. about 10% of my total energy levels at the time. Now I am a bit more efficient. about 2% last I checked. So you may just be super efficient with what ever magic you command.

5) I only called it fire magic because of its effect it produced. All magic is essentially the same so you are right there. It would have been more correct if I said "channeling fire"

September 04, 2008, 09:48:17 PM
Reply #29

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
So you are doing all of this in the Astral, then? This doesn't make much sense. You don't even understand a little bit about Magic Theory, it seems. Please- correct me if I'm wrong.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa