Author Topic: Marijuana = psy-o-rama?  (Read 19770 times)

December 21, 2003, 10:45:28 PM
Reply #60

The Quiet Storm

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Quote from: Draconic Feathers
Now lets say that weed actually does increase ability. Would you actually want to depend on that in order to be able to do things? After a period of time, you will slowly null your own ability untill not even the drugs will be able to help you. Please, don't even try to see if this is true or not. Try to learn how to do things on your own.

And telementary - You stated something along the lines of the weed giving you "advanced" ability just because you were able to feel the psi ball in your hands. Feeling the ball is not advanced. It's something that usually happens and continues to happen after your 4th or 5th psiball. *wonders why no one noticed that* Anyway, what makes you so sure that you actually were making a psiball? For all you know, it was an elaborate hallucination (chances are it probably was).

And as for the people who say that drugs aren't bad for you and only Americans say that because that's what their country wants them to think, it's obvious that you depend on them, for they are bad for you. Whether it be from dying in some sort of accident while high, or the long term effects on your mind and body, they are bad for you.

And please spare me from the "only if they are not taken responsibly" crap, becase they way I see it, only two kinds of people take drugs: Those who need it for medical reasons, and those who feel the need to escape reality/peer pressure. The level of responsibility only aplies to the people who take it for medical purposes, for they have to take it (for whatever reason). As for the latter group, they take it to escape reality or because of peer pressure. There is no level of "responsibility" because of one major important factor: Simply taking the damned stuff for those reasons is NOT RESPONSIBLE. You might as well neglect an infant and say "the baby should not die unless you neglect it responsibally". You people contradict yourself so easily and are proud of it.

And I agree with LightLink, if I could, I would lock this topic. Courtesy of F8te's links, it has already served its purpose as an educational thread, and all it is doing now is breeding stupidity and causing petty arguments.

Ok.... first off.. the topic of dependancy.

If you vaporize weed once a week.. or perhaps once every 2 weeks... how can I build dependancy on it? The only dependancy that I can see, is if I depend on it to learn from it.

I mean.. if I practice every day for 2 weeks, 13 days sober, and one day high. I could learn from that one day high. I can try to get that feeling I got, while I am sober, and learn from it. I can remember how it feels to do this or that. You feel me?

You are saying that people can become dependant on it if they smoke weed SOLELY for the purpose of practicing psi, and that they practice psi, only when they are high. But waht about those that don't and do something similar to what I stated above?

And as for saying that "Americans want you to think that drugs are not bad". Well, it is the complete opposite. Americans want everyone to think drugs are bad. BUT... I don't oppose this either. I think all drugs are bad. Natural herbs aren't drugs though. At least not to me.

And the way I see it... there are 3, yes 3 kind of people that ingest marijuana. Those that need it for medicinal purposes, those that want to escape reality; and those that learn from it... those who don't escape reality, but just experience the new reality, but do not deny the sober reality either.... which also leads them to experience a new high, which is just soberness with enhancements, because it is in direct comparison with the sober reality.

That lets proper reasong shine through, and a sense of sobriety.

Like I said; it is all in the mind.

December 21, 2003, 10:53:59 PM
Reply #61

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
If it is all in their mind and is "real" because they themselves perceive it to be real, then all it really is yet another hallucination. In short: it doesn't matter because it is not real. Why take drugs to experience what it would be like to make a construct if you are not actually doing it and will not benefit from it? If anything, you are causing yourself to retrogress for you would develop a need for drugs just to be able to make a construct.

Either way I still stand on my beleif that this topic should be locked.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

December 21, 2003, 11:03:38 PM
Reply #62

The Quiet Storm

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Quote from: Draconic Feathers
If it is all in their mind and is "real" because they themselves perceive it to be real, then all it really is yet another hallucination. In short: it doesn't matter because it is not real. Why take drugs to experience what it would be like to make a construct if you are not actually doing it and will not benefit from it? If anything, you are causing yourself to retrogress for you would develop a need for drugs just to be able to make a construct.

Either way I still stand on my beleif that this topic should be locked.

I am talking about the judgement on marijuana is all from the mind. The ego mind, based on social conditioning.

But even if I put it the way you mentioned it.... isn't psi all in the mind too? You don't get my point. The only reason why something imagined would not be real is if the person beleive deep down... even unconsciously that what is imagined is a result of the weed, and nothing more.

Either way you still stand by your beleif that this topic should be locked. :)

December 21, 2003, 11:25:31 PM
Reply #63

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
I'm out of this argument from here on out. people are getting juvenile. Lets just lock the damn thing.
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 21, 2003, 11:55:30 PM
Reply #64

F8te

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
One doesn't need drugs to have mystical, supernatural, or psychic experiences.  I have come to where I am without the use of drugs.

Quite often people that use them do so without proper knowledge of the working of thier own mind -- knowledge of self, resulting in undesired outcomes.

Experimentation was never meant to be a harmful experience.  It just so happens that many do not know how to experiment, and how to prepare themselves.

The drug is blamed as if it has its own mind, when it is actually the user that makes the stupid decisions to use something prior to understanding it, as well as themselves.

One is not meant to be addicted to a drug(s).  Addiction in any form is a sign of unbalance and that prior preparation was not satisfied.

Don't experiment unless sure of yourself.  Curiosity isn't enough.

(Topic locked) -- staff feel free to re-open