Author Topic: Marijuana = psy-o-rama?  (Read 19765 times)

December 20, 2003, 10:02:50 PM
Reply #45

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
Urrr... I didn't see much particularly offensive in Yaksha's post; I assume that the "asking to die" bit was figurative, as in "just asking for a pie in the face" or "just asking for a cow" :cow: .

Serenechaos DOES, however, have permission (from me, at least) to go haywire at Canadianbuddist, which much conviction.  I mean, ye gods!  "Honestly"?!  To start the haywireness: are you saying that Serenechaos' friend DIDN'T die?

Sort of unrelated note;  If psi is a byproduct of nerve firing, or otherwise caused by some biological function, then it seems logical to assume that some hypothetical drug, or class of drugs, does help psi function.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

December 20, 2003, 10:40:03 PM
Reply #46

The Quiet Storm

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zake
Urrr... I didn't see much particularly offensive in Yaksha's post; I assume that the "asking to die" bit was figurative, as in "just asking for a pie in the face" or "just asking for a cow" :cow: .

Serenechaos DOES, however, have permission (from me, at least) to go haywire at Canadianbuddist, which much conviction.  I mean, ye gods!  "Honestly"?!  To start the haywireness: are you saying that Serenechaos' friend DIDN'T die?

Sort of unrelated note;  If psi is a byproduct of nerve firing, or otherwise caused by some biological function, then it seems logical to assume that some hypothetical drug, or class of drugs, does help psi function.

Well.. what happens when I am high.... I get sensitive to all energies. I sort of feel enlightenement... my whole body just radiates as a single feild of energy. I can feel vibes alot stronger, and I can also emit stronger vibes. Time sort of slows down.... or at least, I notice the stillness in everything. Everything has a rhythm... even silence has rhythm. Emotions are stronger. My right brain thinking get noticeably enhanced. I can get closed eye visuals instantly, as if in the hypnogogic state. But I can get int he hypnogogic state instantly. It is fucking unbeleivably easy to visualize something. Almost no effort. I can make movies in my head and it feels like I am there. The blackness under my eyelids gets patterns, and sometimes I can have some sort of energetic visuals in my third eye... little wisps of smoke that form into the images that I have in my mind's eye.

With all these conditions... whose to say that psi abilities wouldn't be increased?

December 20, 2003, 11:40:48 PM
Reply #47

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Just to dispell some argument, "asking to die" is a figure of speech to say that something is extremely reckless. Like dancing on the edge of a rooftop or something.

Pot doesn't alter you that much that your whole judgement is off. It just makes you a little more a certain way than normal for a little while.

Most of the stupid effect of pot is cut out when vaporising or eating pot (or swallowing the smoke instead of inhaling) It cuts out many of the bad effects that way.
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 21, 2003, 11:38:50 AM
Reply #48

Slayer40000

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Throw out whatever bullcrap theories you want, a few bowls before practice always helped me ace scanning.  It also helps you with visualization, the hallucinations can give you awesome ideas for programming techniques...
Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
Infamous butcher,
Angel of death

December 21, 2003, 01:24:46 PM
Reply #49

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Hey i used to do crank and coke, im sure that would help too uh? or or we just saying that pot can help only. LOL.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

December 21, 2003, 02:41:01 PM
Reply #50

Komie

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
There is the very real possibility that that while in the drug induced state you were more relaxed, and so, mental blocks which may prohibate abilites did not exist.  It is also the possiblity that you imagined your results, and the best way to test it is to practice with out drugs in your system or have someone who normally is able to work with psi with out drugs, try it while takings drugs.  I don't know about pot, but I would not be surprised if some drugs made it easier to remote view or astral project, by simply putting the brain into a state simular to what happens in meditation.  As stated earlier, some studies have been done and the results of them was that drug use inhibates ability.  Maybe the results where biased, maybe they were fair.  If it works for you go for it.  If something else works for someone else, let them do it their own way.  Also, from the way that you described what kind of pot you had or that it was good, it is almost expected to get negative feeback from people who have strong feelings about the matter.  I don't do drugs, but for moral reasons(my own perosnal code of conduct), but I can respect the desire to try and experiment with different ways of training in psi.

December 21, 2003, 03:28:13 PM
Reply #51

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
me too, ive experminted  with many things to acheive what i was searching for. But what i found wasnt real due to the fact i was under the influnces of drugs. Pot may help or other drugs may help. But is it real or imagined in what you find out.??? I do believe with controlled testing you may find those answers out. But being at home doing drugs to achieve something that may or may not be there is udder crap. This is the last statement on this thread for me, applaude me now.. but wait, remeber again what you post here may be done by someone else. so type wisely. you have the influnce and someone else may try what you do. So take your drugs and your experiances elsewere. Ban me if you like, i dont give a shit, but drugs are for people who cant handle their own reality. Im surprised the higher ups allow this shit, fucin disscussing drug use and it benefits when we are at a site were there is impressinable people. have a good drug induced day folks
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

December 21, 2003, 04:51:37 PM
Reply #52

Psudoangel

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
ill put in my two cents... if somebody can use pot and become a psi supermaster, more power to them. they will just have to always have to be on pot, and they will have to worry bout the police(in most places), and if you constantly are        , i will bet you will never find your car keys again.

using substances will usually turn your brain to swiss cheese in the long run, thats why i dont do them, but the use of them to increase your own power i can understand. it just means you trade your short term memory and your lungs for a little more         ability

December 21, 2003, 05:13:22 PM
Reply #53

quitewarrior

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
Only a drug addict would make this thread.
You can either agree with me or you could be wrong.

What would you rather be,honorable and dead,or dishonorable and alive."

December 21, 2003, 06:32:31 PM
Reply #54

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
this thread is stupid. I would lock it if I could... darn

yall people are stupid if you think weed is good for you... Actualy I do wish that they made weed legal. They spend like 500 billion dollars trying to punish people who sell/do weed, and only like 3 billion on centers to help these people.

If they made weed legal, they could direct that 500 billion in helping people, and that would be better in the long run.

But realy, why do weed? It has no real benifits. It does have real concequences though. Just look at Ozzy... lol

December 21, 2003, 07:25:59 PM
Reply #55

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Well, it seems everything that can be said about the subject has been said. . .
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 21, 2003, 08:01:43 PM
Reply #56

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: LightLink
this thread is stupid. I would lock it if I could... darn

yall people are stupid if you think weed is good for you... Actualy I do wish that they made weed legal. They spend like 500 billion dollars trying to punish people who sell/do weed, and only like 3 billion on centers to help these people.

If they made weed legal, they could direct that 500 billion in helping people, and that would be better in the long run.

But realy, why do weed? It has no real benifits. It does have real concequences though. Just look at Ozzy... lol

hey man dont get after poor ozzy that is weed plus everything eles not to mention millions of annyoing fans

December 21, 2003, 08:09:53 PM
Reply #57

LightLink

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
lol, like fans do that to ya. that poor guy has killed so many brain cells doing drugs. That plus he is going senile. Trust me, fans dont do that. Cant even understand a word that man says.

And you idiots cant tell me that weed doesnt kill a substantial number of brain cells. It will do that no matter how you take it. sheesh, dumb people...

December 21, 2003, 10:04:24 PM
Reply #58

Draconic Feathers

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    You are Me and I am You; I'll always Be with You
    • View Profile
    • My art work
Now lets say that weed actually does increase ability. Would you actually want to depend on that in order to be able to do things? After a period of time, you will slowly null your own ability untill not even the drugs will be able to help you. Please, don't even try to see if this is true or not. Try to learn how to do things on your own.

And telementary - You stated something along the lines of the weed giving you "advanced" ability just because you were able to feel the psi ball in your hands. Feeling the ball is not advanced. It's something that usually happens and continues to happen after your 4th or 5th psiball. *wonders why no one noticed that* Anyway, what makes you so sure that you actually were making a psiball? For all you know, it was an elaborate hallucination (chances are it probably was).

And as for the people who say that drugs aren't bad for you and only Americans say that because that's what their country wants them to think, it's obvious that you depend on them, for they are bad for you. Whether it be from dying in some sort of accident while high, or the long term effects on your mind and body, they are bad for you.

And please spare me from the "only if they are not taken responsibly" crap, becase they way I see it, only two kinds of people take drugs: Those who need it for medical reasons, and those who feel the need to escape reality/peer pressure. The level of responsibility only aplies to the people who take it for medical purposes, for they have to take it (for whatever reason). As for the latter group, they take it to escape reality or because of peer pressure. There is no level of "responsibility" because of one major important factor: Simply taking the damned stuff for those reasons is NOT RESPONSIBLE. You might as well neglect an infant and say "the baby should not die unless you neglect it responsibally". You people contradict yourself so easily and are proud of it.

And I agree with LightLink, if I could, I would lock this topic. Courtesy of F8te's links, it has already served its purpose as an educational thread, and all it is doing now is breeding stupidity and causing petty arguments.
Following our Will and Wind, we may just go where no one's been

Solve et Coagula

Continue Expanding Consciousness...

aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com

December 21, 2003, 10:26:51 PM
Reply #59

The Quiet Storm

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It is also the possiblity that you imagined your results, and the best way to test it is to practice with out drugs in your system or have someone who normally is able to work with psi with out drugs, try it while takings drugs.

Like I said before.... what is imagined? Beleif is one of the strongest powers a human being has. If he beleived he did it....well he might as well have! If there are no doubts in your mind that you did it, and you imagined it, theres no room for doubts..

Lets say someone is high.. and he starts making a psi ball "duuuuude holy f*cking sh*tballs! I can see my psiball! WHOOOHOO!!" And so he keeps the psiball there... somewhere along the line he will actually have a psiball, and it might perhaps be even stronger than other psiballs he made, because he actually is imagining it... which IS what your supposed to do isnt it? even if its unintentional, and 2, because he is hallucinating... but maybe the hallucination can also be the shape of the exact psiball.

So really.. no matter what, if its a hallucination or imagined or not... in the person's reality, it IS real.

Many studies have shown that marijuana doesn't kill brain cells. They don't know the cause of the short term memory loss... but I do have some explanations. It could be that marijuana does increase awareness of the moment... at least for me. It increases my awareness of the Now, so I am unconcerned of the past or future, so it can lead me to have increased forgetfulness of unimportant things.

The herb kava kava is a relaxing herb.. it induces a state of "relaxed unconcern". It doesn't kill brain cells. Not everything that changes the mood or mind state kills brain cells. They have done experiments to see if the immune system went down... and the scientists found nothing. Perhaps if you SMOKED kava kava, you can experience some weird ass effects similar to when mary jane is smoked. The toxins released by the smoke can affect Chi levels which can lower the immune system because energy that can be used for healing, is being used in detoxifying the body.

Anyways... your body makes new brain cells every freakin second. Plus all the chi that is being raised... causes even more replenishing of cells.

I am not saying go and do it.. its just that people here have so much hatred for marijuana which is nature's gift. Everything in nature is a gift... not just marijuana. And so many stereotypes of "stoners". Alot of "stoners" I know don't act stupid. They actually are very smart, and you would not know they were smokers until they smoked in front of you.

The stoners that act dumb... are slaves to society themselves. They see a stereotype of a stoner on tv and think they should act this way because they have smoked weed. Or they blame a common error in their brain for the weed that they smoked, thus making them think, weed makes them dumber, and then it shapes their reality, and then weed actually DOES make them dumber... at least for their reality.

It is all in the MIND.

I don't want to influence everyone, but its the damn truth.

And.... if you want to know..... just to know... I have not smoked weed or done any drugs, even drinking in about 4 months. I will experiment with a vaporizer when I get the money to get one. I am looking to see if I have good chi circulation the next day, as if I had never vaporized. If this is true.. I plan to vaporize about once a week for the rest of my life or until I get tired of it.

That is my choice.. and nobody can change it.

I beleive there is no harm in it... and if I beleive so.... it will be.