Author Topic: Marijuana = psy-o-rama?  (Read 19766 times)

December 17, 2003, 07:05:52 PM
Read 19766 times

Telemetry

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I, for one, enjoy a smoke every now and then, especailly on sundays. So as would be expected, I had run into some pretty nice crystal bud from some big grower my bro knows *it being sunday*. When I say crystal bud I mean it had crystaline THC thinly encrusted all over it. Crystal bud is known to produce deep, thaughtful, relaxed, cerebral highs. So, I was pretty damn spaced out and feeling philosophical. All of a sudden something went 'twang' and I thaugh:

"I'v never really tryed to properly make a psyball..... lets give it a go!" - or something like that to the stoned equivilant

And off I went. I'v never been able to readily feel psy, or my so called 'third eye', but, in this state of drug induced ability, it was like a tingleing ball of power, just sitting there, in the middle of my forhead, makeing my intire head warm. Another thing was how damn easy it was to channel it, down my arms, into my hands, into a construct. I was even expanding and condenceing it. It was all like I had been doing it for years. I ended up with a sizeable psyball which had a teriffic gravity to it, it was like pushing in on a baloon with both hands, except there was no baloon and around the size of a kiwi fruit.

My point: I'm pretty damn sure that Marijuana has some rather astounding effects on psy-ability. I plan to get radical a few more times and nut out weither it really is a large amount of psy that I previously could not controll, OR if what is happening is the Marijuana is increaseing my perceptive abilities so that what little psy I had was easily felt, futher evidence of this possibility is when I was expanding and condenceing the psyball, it didn't seem to be working at the kind of speed I was thinking it would. My thaughts would be that this was because there wasent as much psy as I thaught there was, hence pointing to an overexadgeration of my perceptive abilities as opposed to the actual psysical outcome.

The third, and most usually assumed possiblity, was that because that weed was so damn strong, and the fact I had smoked a decent amount of it, I was hallucinating. But I personally think that this is not true due to a large amount of pryor experience with pot.

1) What do you think was happening?
2) Have you ever had any "drugs + psy" related experiences?

Telemetry.
Du kannst, Du willst und wirst nie vergeben
und Du verteufelst sein ganzes Leben
treibst in den Wahnsinn von
ma▀losem Zorn, Vernichtung und Rache,
Du bist zum Hassen gebor'n

December 17, 2003, 07:36:17 PM
Reply #1

Kaster

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I've seen this argued to death before and what it breaks down to is this:

Pot slows the mind and its nerons, making psionics HARDER

Drugs like THC cause, oh I don't know, hallicinations!

So bleh!
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

December 17, 2003, 07:37:51 PM
Reply #2

SereneChaos

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
i personally don't listen to closely to people who can't spell psi...
and stoners as well...
i have problems with people that think it's okay to do that stuff...personal things i'd rather not talk about, but i stray.

secondly, most psions, or people who have practiced using psi energy for a long period of time, and are experienced, don't draw energy from their third eye. It gives you headaches, and is not supposed to be used to draw energy from. most psions draw from their solar plexus, which is located 1 inche below the bottom of your sternum and about 2 inches inward. here is located a large cluster of nerves. Psi is believed to be a by-product of the firing of nerves, so therefore, there would theoretically be more psi around an area of high nerve activity. That is why most psions think of this as their "pool" of energy.

December 17, 2003, 07:45:00 PM
Reply #3

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
If you think drugs are going to help or ehance your abilities then you dont have any abilites to speak of. other than ignorance. as always read my sig below.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

December 17, 2003, 07:46:52 PM
Reply #4

F8te

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
I'm not going to touch this one, because I wouldn't be certain.  I do have theories, however, if you for some reason you'd like to hear.

There's a website you may want to check out that has a lot of information you may find of interest (http://www.erowid.org/)*.  I've also linked a specific page on mystical experiences with Cannabis (as you may know: Any of several mildly euphoriant, intoxicating hallucinogenic drugs, such as ganja, hashish, or marijuana, prepared from various parts of this plant.) You can find the page here:http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Cannabis_Mystical_Experiences.shtml.*  This is the full page on experiences: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Cannabis.shtml.*

F8te

*Veritas doesn't endorse the use of drugs, but is open to discussion for educational purposes

December 17, 2003, 08:17:07 PM
Reply #5

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Quote from:
*Veritas doesn't endorse the use of drugs, but is open to discussion for educational purposes[/QUOTE

Tell me what educational purposes are there in the use of illegal drugs, Im from the UsofA were it is illegal. I would like to hear this one.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

December 17, 2003, 08:52:00 PM
Reply #6

Kasei Knight

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• View Profile
Well, discussion of medications and drugs would certainly yield some kind of gain in knowledge, would it not? Just my humble opinion, but I believe you have taken that quote, Pita, the wrong way.

December 17, 2003, 08:58:51 PM
Reply #7

Wayrath

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
First off.  Let's cut the crap.  Pita, you need to learn to deal with the fact that some people have alternative lifestyles.  His question is a very honest and very respectable question.  Just because something is illegal in the "UsofA" (as you put it), doesn't mean that's the ONLY way.  It's not illegal in Amsterdam.  Or is Amsterdam not as important as the US? If you're going to learn one thing from this, learn that the US is not always, and as of late very often not, right.  Now then.  Anything can have an educational purpose, so don't knock some one elses choices.  Now then. on to the point of my post.  These are my experiences.  I went into a phase where i figured that drugs were a very acceptable choice into "alternate states of conciousness" and they are.  Truly they are, and your experiences CAN be very real.  But thats the thing.  They kick you into these states the "easy way."  and DO get you there.  but in the long run, it only hinders your progress into feeling and existing in these states permenently.  It took me quite some time to figure that out, but personally i'm glad i went through it.  Because i experienced it firsthand.  Marijuana can relax you and make you more open to psychic experiences, but i guarantee you that the next day or next few weeks, if you attempt to make a psi-ball or whatever you want, it'll be 10x more difficult.  So yes, it can help, but only for a very short time and in the long run it's going to hinder you.  So anyway, make your own choices, experience everything you want to, and see how you feel.  Just think about everything :).

Good luck.  :)

December 17, 2003, 09:03:45 PM
Reply #8

Telemetry

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
"Pot slows the mind and its nerons, making psionics HARDER"

Incorrect. Mental ability and speed of thaught remains the same if not made quicker, the problem is that you tend to try and think about several things at once. What IS slowed is basic motor function. I say that from experience.

"i personally don't listen to closely to people who can't spell psi...
and stoners as well..."

Oh, I'm sorry, I didnt know that ones spelling "characteristics" dictated the intire scale of their mental ability, guess I should listen to you more, I'm sure I would learn to be ever so deeply minded. You don't know me. So don't think you can put me in a steriotype and 'walk away' looking any less of a moron than cheif potato masher at the mong factory.

Maby I could be ironic and say: "I personally don't listen too closely to people who can't put capital letters at the start of their sentences and who have a substandard grasp of english grammar."

Because of the first two lines of your reply, I didn't think it necessary to read futher.

"If you think drugs are going to help or ehance your abilities then you dont have any abilites to speak of. other than ignorance."

So, by my reconing, you're saying that if 'silverdawn' decided to explore the possibilities of drugs enhanceing psyonic ability, and he observed a genuine belief that they would work, he would, in fact, have no abilities at all. Other than ignorance. Well. Aren't you the informative one. No offence was taken on my part, I just thaught I should point out the gleaming little flaw in that arrogant, hollow, facade of a contradiction.

F8te - thankyou for the links. Most helpful.

"Tell me what educational purposes are there in the use of illegal drugs, Im from the UsofA were it is illegal. I would like to hear this one."

Well, following the spirit of the origional post: To understand the effects of drugs, both illicit and legal, on psy. This of coarse would be used as referance to future investigations and understandings of psy as a concept and an energy, and, if you will, a way of life, although I doubt that last one. You might wan't to look into why most drugs are illegal. The actual reasons behind why they were made illegal. Marijuana is an interesting one, mainly boiling down, after all the crap and propaganda, to Americans haveing less that kind views on mexicans and an overly dominating government that likes to stay on top of everything it can. I don't want to explain that futher. You can go find out yourself.

"Veritas doesn't endorse the use of drugs"
Good thing I didn't do that.

I am now, in a slightly irritated way, going to remind you what I was asking:

Not:
"Tell me your opinion on drugs."
"Show me how to be closed minded and abnoxious about things you have little knowledge of."
"Say something, and then contradict it within 5 lines."

And one more, which I want to go into because it's easy to piss me off:

"Pretenciously tell me why you feel it is ok to steriotype people because they choose to do something which on a small, personal, scale: involves noone but the person doing that particular thing"

that was in relation to:

"i have problems with people that think it's okay to do that stuff...personal things i'd rather not talk about, but i stray."

Thankyou to those who are constructive and can answer and/or aid a question.
For everyone else: May your loins shrivel and spew black acid.

Telemetry.

I dont think I want to reply on this thread anymore, takes to long, but I will be looking out for any HELPFUL answers/aids anyone has to offer. Thankyou.

December 17, 2003, 09:05:19 PM
Reply #9

F8te

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Quote from: the pita
Tell me what educational purposes are there in the use of illegal drugs, Im from the UsofA were it is illegal. I would like to hear this one.

You don't think there is any knowledge gained from discussing this topic?  I did not say use drugs, either.  The discussion ON drugs and mystical experiences is what 'educational purposes' was directed at.  Would you just like to disregard them because America labels them illegal?  Do you not understand that some drugs also have medicinal properties?  Have you ever heard of the use of drugs in Native American rituals?  There is much more I could bring up, but I won't bother.  The point is, there is more to "illegal drugs" than we may be aware of -- or, in some cases, want to be aware of.

December 17, 2003, 09:49:53 PM
Reply #10

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
I've had some deal of experience with this in the past.

Psychedelics such as Marijuana, LSD, Psilocybin Mushrooms (but not necessarily non-psychedelics that may also cause sensory effects such as speed, coke, sleep medications, opium, caffeine, and so on), psychedelics amplify a person's awareness of the state of their own energies (psi, qi, ect.)

This being the case, many people's first experience in really paying attention to their own energies comes directly from their experience with psychedelic drugs. There is a slight danger though, because excessive use of those drugs can cause a severe depletion of those energies that you are listening to while on the drugs.
So don't smoke that pot all the time. No more than once or twice a week at most, or else you'll be loosing energy faster than you can learn from your energy.
Now that you've had an experience, stop smoking all together - just quit - and try to reproduce that experience once you're sober. If you can't do that, then you haven't really learned anything - so keep trying sober until you have it down perfect.

You can use drugs as guides to begin with, but it should not become a habit or a casual recreational thing. Every time you use a drug of this sort, have a purpose for using it that you say to yourself before dosing and work through the experience with that goal in mind.

IMPORTANT!:
Like any medication, there are some guidelines you should follow so the "medicine" doesn't make you sicker.
Here are some guidelines for those of you who absolutely must use these tools:

pot: Smoking isn't good for the lungs. Either swallow the smoke or cook it into some butter and use it in a recipie like garlic bread, cookies, or brownies. Don't use it very often - twice a week at most, or else it will begin to deplenish your qi and will make you lazy and ruin your posture which will further restrict qi flow.
If you do smoke it often, take breaks from it for a month or two to allow your lungs to cleanse themselves.

Strong hallucinogens (acid, mushrooms, dmt, peyote ect.): Don't use more than once a month or for more than six months in a row. An occasional binge won't cause any problems, but doing it once a week for many weeks certainly WILL cause mental problems, though mental trouble can be avoided if you abstain once mental problems are noticed. Eventually, they will work themselves out if you stay off the stuff. Abstain twice as long as it takes for the problems to completely go away.
Especially if taking large doses, don't go to public or dangerous locations unless you have a very powerful self-discipline and controll. Its advisable to have a sober friend whom you trust or someone you trust who is well experienced along with you to keep you out of trouble. They won't completely change your personality or anything like that, but they might make you reckless.

This is stuff I know from personal experience and by watching people who have taken it too far. If you follow my advise, the only troubles you will have from taking psychedelics are legal troubles.
----

That being said, yes, these drugs are quite useful for developing psi and for a great number of other uses, but the same effects can be obtained through qigong, yoga, or meditation.

Don't consider this message to be an endorsement of the mentioned drugs, but rather a factual representation of the drugs taken from extensive real life experience with them.

---

If you want to know, you'll have to talk with me in private. As you can now see, this isn't the best place to talk about this stuff in the open.
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 17, 2003, 10:31:33 PM
Reply #11

Kaster

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Scientists generally agree that pot dulls the mind for about 12 to 24 hours, and users will suffer on cognitive tests until the drug washes out of their system

So guess what;

:D
Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov
"For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

December 18, 2003, 05:01:05 AM
Reply #12

Telemetry

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I;m stone d again and im here to telll you that simon birch shit is scarey, fureacking midgets are bad shit, because i cxant deal with the deaformism and shit ites weirdd and GOD DAMNB HOLY HELL MAN! ITS BATT COUNTRY ROUNFD HERE! WE CANT STOP NOT NOW ITS SO SCAREYT, the lighs have stoped and fuck its getting seemy

theyre gone, THIS MAGNIFICANT STUPEFYRING FRAE Can only be describe :doggie: d BY A DICTORATE AT JOURNALISM!YOU SCURVEY SHIESTER BASTARD!

UHHHHHHHH YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME, I WILL REVENGE! THE POSTAL SERVICE HAS NO RIGHT, NO RIGHT TO TAKE MY LAWN DUSTINGS!

December 18, 2003, 05:21:05 AM
Reply #13

Yaksha

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
you are like the kid that drinks non-alchoholic beer and then stumbles around and acts drunk. Stop hamming it up.  :elephant:  :elephant:  :elephant:
You've only spent a second of your life.
My world is unaffected, there is an exit here,
I say it is and then its true.
There is a dream inside a dream,
I'm wide awake the more I sleep,
You'll understand when I'm dead.

December 18, 2003, 05:25:39 AM
Reply #14

Telemetry

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
you, my dfriend, are rather lucky im now on the comedown, you do not know my qualities or quantaties, or my tricks, so pah to you mr ditchweed