Author Topic: Re-V-Con  (Read 57588 times)

August 04, 2008, 06:11:39 AM
Read 57588 times

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Due to the lack of turn out and the generosity of Prophecy, I'm happy to announce the opportunity for V-Con, the second coming. Prophecy has offered to host at his place in florida for any of those interested. V-Con as usual shall be a gathering of minds for spiritual discussion/lesson, martial arts related activity, and any other fun you might be interested in. There will be room for camping or staying in house for those interested, and I'm sure there are hotels in the area. Since Prophecy will be hosting and due to the general location of the event there will be at least an attendance of 11 or 12 people without any extra attendance from those of you interested, so expect no disappointment from amount of attendees.

The date remains tentative, but generally we are looking at having the event next year or December of this year. Availability depends on you, so if you are legitimately interested in coming this time around, give us an idea of when you can and we'll work out the dates from there. See you there (hopefully)!
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

August 04, 2008, 08:35:39 AM
Reply #1

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Wow, this is perfect for me
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

August 04, 2008, 09:10:23 AM
Reply #2

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I'll be there, so I'm voting for December.   :D

August 05, 2008, 02:15:58 AM
Reply #3

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Aww. So the Ginyu Force has been disbanded. :(
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

August 05, 2008, 03:46:47 PM
Reply #4

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Everyone is invited, and even encouraged, to stay as long as they want at the house.  There is plenty of room inside for people to stay the night, and also a great deal of open space outside for others who would like to camp.  Since I will have a number of my students present, it will also be an excellent opportunity for people to be around others who are well established in a regular practice routine.  The only catch to staying the night is that our day here starts between 4:00 and 5:00 in the morning with meditation, and I will wake you up for it. 

My property is well hidden, very private, and far enough away from town.  Being loud, having bonfires, etc, is all perfectly fine as we will not have neighbors to worry about.  If everyone brings a little food, we should be good.

August 05, 2008, 05:47:22 PM
Reply #5

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    "Receive and transmit..."
    • View Profile
My property is well hidden, very private, and far enough away from town.  Being loud, having bonfires, etc, is all perfectly fine as we will not have neighbors to worry about.
Ever moonlight as a snuff-film director?  :)

Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory

August 05, 2008, 06:28:12 PM
Reply #6

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Maybe if you show up, Solstice, we can take such a career path into mind ;)

Wasn't the V-Con set for about august 5th or 6th? Which is, looks at clock, today. ... well, it was today >_>

Well, if it's for December then I should be able to get a better new job and start saving for then. Only problem for me would be when my own family decides to do our Christmas get-together.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

August 05, 2008, 07:32:53 PM
Reply #7

Grimmjow

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Truth Trekker
    • View Profile
If it's in December, I may be able to come if it's during winter break, as I may have the funds to get there. Anything I should do in preparation?

August 05, 2008, 07:35:00 PM
Reply #8

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Get yourself some some Jesus.

Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.

August 05, 2008, 07:41:14 PM
Reply #9

Grimmjow

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Truth Trekker
    • View Profile
What is "some some" Jesus? Sorry. I really don't know...

August 05, 2008, 07:52:40 PM
Reply #10

solstice

• Posts By Osmosis

• Dreamwalker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It's Portuguese for 'lots".

August 05, 2008, 07:58:26 PM
Reply #11

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
It is Solstician for "I feel like making a random answer."

Try starting to wake up regularly at 4-5 is a good idea, it takes more effort than just an alarm. Also If I am able to get the time and hopefully someone to help me drive there I will be there. I can't wait to see what your house is like.

Thank you for inviting everyone who makes it to your house.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

August 05, 2008, 08:58:00 PM
Reply #12

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
If it's in December, I may be able to come if it's during winter break, as I may have the funds to get there. Anything I should do in preparation?

Practice, read scripture, etc.... you know, only that which an aspirant should already be doing.   :)

August 06, 2008, 05:57:58 AM
Reply #13

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
It makes me grin to think I would be woken up to meditate.

Out of curiosity, do you lot do any sparring or things of that nature on top of your magical practice at the casa de Prophecy.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

August 06, 2008, 06:07:41 AM
Reply #14

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity, do you lot do any sparring or things of that nature on top of your magical practice at the casa de Prophecy.

No.  Most of the students have a very tight schedule due to work, and with the few hours they have open I encourage them to meditate and practice magic instead of other things.