Author Topic: The Practice of Yoga  (Read 70583 times)

June 22, 2008, 02:55:43 PM
Reply #15

TheAleph

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    א
    • View Profile
Printing now  :biggrin:
I only read the part where you talk about gurus and I have a question: how do you find your guru? Do you actually search for one, or just keep practicing and expect him to show up "when the time is right"? Or both?
Prophecy says something pretty similar in another article ( http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/12373.0 )

Thank you for this article!!
"Today, a young man on acid, realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, and we are the imagination of ourselves... now here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

June 22, 2008, 04:28:25 PM
Reply #16

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Probably both, though I would think that the second option(practicing in aims of advancement) would bring you a Guru whether you searched for one or not.

Namaste

I know that waiting and practicing has brought me a teacher so far, Hopefully a Guru as well.  Though I think an earnest desire for a Guru helps.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

June 22, 2008, 06:05:02 PM
Reply #17

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Does simply practicing complete or rythmic breathing help cleanse the nadis as well?

June 22, 2008, 08:06:32 PM
Reply #18

emily

• Settling In

• View Profile
i think of "god" more of as the energy around earth
we pray and get bed or good energy back

im really contradicting myself here cuz im atheist
I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.

June 23, 2008, 05:34:28 AM
Reply #19

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
Lol atheism. I've been an atheist (puberty's frustration), makes no real sense now that i look back.

June 23, 2008, 06:22:15 AM
Reply #20

Entity

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    : : A a U u M m : :
    • View Profile
    • United Psionics Club
I only read the part where you talk about gurus and I have a question: how do you find your guru? Do you actually search for one, or just keep practicing and expect him to show up "when the time is right"? Or both?
Prophecy says something pretty similar in another article ( http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/12373.0 )

When you need a Guru you will pray intently for one!
: : O m  N a m a h  S h i v a y a : :

June 23, 2008, 07:51:34 AM
Reply #21

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Printing now  :biggrin:

Thank you for this article!!

I have often heard, "when the student is ready, the teacher will come." or "when the student begins to listen, the teach will speak." Simply put, once you have reached that point in your spiritual progression where you are willfully able to submit yourself to a Guru, and will do as he says, then I believe he will come. I say a "certain point" because many Gurus will not waste their time upon students who still have great physical attachments and have trouble establishing themselves in their own spirituality, because of such attachments. An earnest desire for spiritual progression will bring you what you seek.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:53:38 AM by Saer »
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

June 24, 2008, 11:06:41 PM
Reply #22

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
Excellent article, Veos. Although I am slightly confused about the scripture thing- What scripture should an aspiring magician such as myself read?
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

June 25, 2008, 03:37:30 AM
Reply #23

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Scripture:
-Bible
-Bhagavad Gita (Hindu)
-Shiva Purana (Hindu)
-Srimad Bhagavatam (Hindu)
-Yoga scriptures (Hindu)
-Upanishads (Hindu)
-The Eddas (Norse)
-Hesiod's Theogony (Greek)
-Virgil and Homer (Greek)
-Pali Canon (Buddhism)
-Dhammapada (Buddhism)
-The Questions of King Malinda (Buddhism)
-The Zend Avesta (Zoroastrian)
-Egyptian Book of the Dead (Egyptian)
-Corpus Hermeticum (Hermetic Science), particularly that divine book called Piomander.

etc etc etc.  As much scripture as can possibly be read. 
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

June 25, 2008, 08:52:29 AM
Reply #24

Nascence

• Settling In

• View Profile
Veos: Thank you for the article. I really enjoyed reading it.

You mentioned that the Ajna chakra is gray. However, anywhere else I've seen that chakra mentioned it is attributed the color purple or indigo. Why do you say it's gray?

June 25, 2008, 01:56:06 PM
Reply #25

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I'll give two separate explanations, one in Yogic parlance and another in deeper Kabbalistic parlance:
1) Each chakra actually has three separate colors.  One color for the etheric body, one for the astral and one for the mental.

2) The color blue is generally given to the ajna chakra especially by new-agers who believe it corresponds to the moon sphere or to the planet saturn (as many new-age groups have tried to arrange the chakras according to the planets and unsuccessfully at that!).  However, the Ajna Chakra is a level of divine flux just below that of the brilliantly white Sahasrara Chakra and thus bears the same relation to it as the Sephirah Chokmah does to Kether.  Therefore it is given the color of grey in the mental body according to its divine nature.  In Ajna, Shiva is still with form and is not Brahman yet, as with Chokmah the light of Kether is now taking shape and thus looses some of its divine effulgence.  The grey is this slight "stain" of reducing infinity to a shape.  It is still divine, but not as wholly pure as its predecessor.  In actuality, the two petals around the lotus of Ajna represent the two hemispheres of the brain around the pineal gland and the two Sephiroth of Binah and Chokmah respectively.  There are several other Kabbalistic secrets of the Ajna chakra which can't be expounded upon here publicly.  In short, it is given gray because that is the color of Chokmah in relation to Kether.  The state of consciousness experienced in the Ajna Chakra during Savikapla Samadhi is similar to that experienced in Chokmah.   

June 25, 2008, 03:10:22 PM
Reply #26

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Putting aside your elegant description in "Kabbalistic parlance," you say that there are three colors. Is the mental body grey and the astral or etheric color purple, or are they different shades of grey as you go lower in vibration? I'm just curious.

Also, I think you keep saying "loose" instead of "lose"  :D

June 26, 2008, 11:09:09 AM
Reply #27

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Thanks for the spell check.  Yes, in the Astral body the Ajna Chakra has more of a deep indigo almost to the point of being black.  Many things appear symbolically in the astral realm, and sot he Ajna Chakra tends to appear as a black mass with the sun and moon shining on either side of it.   In the etheric it is also grey. 

June 26, 2008, 11:47:18 AM
Reply #28

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile

June 26, 2008, 05:16:08 PM
Reply #29

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
Its probably a bad place to ask in Veos thread but has anyone in here ever done esoteric yoga from Mantak Chia's book called "Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao"?

Ive started the microcosmic orbit of 88 cycles and will build up to 108 eventually.  Let me give you a little background.  Back about 10 years or more ago I was practicing the microcosmic orbit and I give it part credit to helping me with my MS.  For some reason I stopped or rather just moved on to practicing other things.  I decided to start again to work on self healing again because things are going down hill rather fast.  Ok, to make a long story short, I was starting on my first night of the 88 cycles.  At around cycle #50 I got what felt like an electric shock.  Not that it hurt but it really startled me and I jolted for sure, it broke my concentration. 

Has anyone else encountered anything like this?  Anyone have any ideas of the meaning behind it?
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.