Author Topic: Veritas Convention  (Read 7082 times)

June 13, 2008, 05:43:29 PM
Read 7082 times

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The Veritas Convention (V-Con) will be held in Quakertown, PA on August 5th. There will be food, sparring, meditations, etc. These are a few hotels nearby for those who need lodging: Google Maps. (Hotels C, D, B, and E are the closest.) The original thread can be found here.

If you're coming, please simply say so below. Do not say, "Maybe this or that." Only post if (1) you are absolutely coming and (2) your name is not on the list. Thanks guys. Here is a list of attendees:

Forg
HADOUKEN
Emira
Orthas
freefallingdot
Vinncent

P.S. Maybe we could get this stickied in the thread and an announcement on the main page.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:57:55 AM by Forg »

June 15, 2008, 08:35:09 PM
Reply #1

freefallingdot

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Swords
    • View Profile
Ave.  Add me.
Boldly, I bow to the banished, bend knee to the broken, and break bread with the bereaved.  Behold the breath-taking beauty of brutality, of quick and permanent change, breaking the lines built to seperate polarities.  Brashly blending that which can't be bent.

June 16, 2008, 12:41:04 AM
Reply #2

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I wont be going.  I dont have the funds.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

June 17, 2008, 08:49:45 PM
Reply #3

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
As of right now, I am pretty sure I can make it provided that I can crash at Forg's place or sleep outside without being arrested or something.  The ticket won't be as expensive as I thought, but I don't think I'll have the cash for lodging.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

June 18, 2008, 12:13:41 AM
Reply #4

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
I'm sleeping in the car and/or tent. There's got to be SOMEWHERE to sleep for free if there is no possible way to sleep at Forg's area...

right?
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

June 18, 2008, 12:47:31 AM
Reply #5

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
Who says we have to sleep at all anyway?  That's my solution to cheap lodging...

June 18, 2008, 06:59:11 AM
Reply #6

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
I second that.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

June 18, 2008, 07:52:37 AM
Reply #7

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Who says we have to sleep at all anyway?  That's my solution to cheap lodging...

LOL!  I have to fight people while I'm there.  I need my sleep.

June 18, 2008, 08:39:55 AM
Reply #8

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I won't be going *cries* not enough money....
Meep.

June 18, 2008, 07:20:52 PM
Reply #9

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Tents are always a viable option. As for people staying in the house, that'll take some extra schmoozing of the folks once things get going >_>

Also DON"T FORGET, ya'll gotta eat. Make sure you have food money.
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

June 18, 2008, 09:54:18 PM
Reply #10

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Tents are always a viable option. As for people staying in the house, that'll take some extra schmoozing of the folks once things get going >_>

Rice, some rice topping, and some ramen will do me just fine.  It'll give me enough carbs for those few days to get the exercise I'll need.  If you have a spare tent or if you could get your folk to let me stay in your house, that would be really cool.

I may need wood for a fire or the use of your stove to make my food, though.  I'd rather not eat my ramen dry.

June 19, 2008, 07:25:51 PM
Reply #11

Dutie

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Form through Thought and Action.
    • View Profile
Has a schedule of events been made or is it all going to be haphazard?  I'd like to know so I can decide if I'm camping or getting a hotel room.

Also, is there a campground nearby or is everyone camping on the lawn?
No matter how badly the world may beat me I will get up, and I will keep getting up until my body is no longer there and my spirit transcends this world.

June 19, 2008, 07:42:19 PM
Reply #12

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Has a schedule of events been made or is it all going to be haphazard?  I'd like to know so I can decide if I'm camping or getting a hotel room.

Also, is there a campground nearby or is everyone camping on the lawn?

Events?  I thought this was kinda casual.  That, or I'd just show up and everyone but Forg attacks me simultaneously.  Then, if I made it through, Forg would then go one-on-one against me when I was tired and beat-up.  I would then get close to being completely defeated when one of my former attackers has a change of heart, changes sides, kicks Forg off of me and entertains him with violence until I catch my breath.  Then, there'd be some sort of miracle where I get a second wind and comepltely outclass Forg in a victory that would be caught on film and would go down in YouTube history.

:biggrin:

June 19, 2008, 07:44:20 PM
Reply #13

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile

Rice, some rice topping, and some ramen will do me just fine.  It'll give me enough carbs for those few days to get the exercise I'll need.  If you have a spare tent or if you could get your folk to let me stay in your house, that would be really cool.

I may need wood for a fire or the use of your stove to make my food, though.  I'd rather not eat my ramen dry.

We'll manage something for you since you're a special case in this scenario, being partially your idea and all. I've got at least 3 tents that we can set up. For those of you capable, bring tents with you.

and Hadouken...you will never escape Han's island! @_@

(aka Forg's island)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:47:04 PM by Forg »
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

June 19, 2008, 08:23:43 PM
Reply #14

Dutie

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Form through Thought and Action.
    • View Profile

Events?  I thought this was kinda casual.  That, or I'd just show up and everyone but Forg attacks me simultaneously.  Then, if I made it through, Forg would then go one-on-one against me when I was tired and beat-up.  I would then get close to being completely defeated when one of my former attackers has a change of heart, changes sides, kicks Forg off of me and entertains him with violence until I catch my breath.  Then, there'd be some sort of miracle where I get a second wind and comepltely outclass Forg in a victory that would be caught on film and would go down in YouTube history.

I'll bring the camera if you provide the hilarity.   :biggrin:
No matter how badly the world may beat me I will get up, and I will keep getting up until my body is no longer there and my spirit transcends this world.