Author Topic: Writing reveiws on the e books  (Read 11014 times)

May 31, 2008, 08:16:55 PM
Read 11014 times

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
Well this is going to be the official e-book review thread. In turn you can write reveiws of whats in the E-book what are the upsides and downsides. Also what you liked and disslikes about it. Multipull reveiws are very welcome scince no one veiws everything exsactly the same.

¬Also scince when I have free time I will be reading E-books I will try and post a few reviews.
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

May 31, 2008, 08:52:46 PM
Reply #1

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I just finished reading The Twelve keys by Basil Valentine. I can't really say too much of what I got from it because that would require a considerable amount of typing and a few books to read first, but it was a very good read. He explains in plain words what is being referred to by the stone being of "five, four, three, two, and one" which is rather helpful overall in alchemy.

Namaste

P.S. Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon is probably the best book I have read on Practical Magic.  I will be rereading all the books I have read so far in about a year and I will put a little bitty review for each when I read them ^_^ (except maybe the Three Books of Occult Philosophy >.>)
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

June 05, 2008, 06:43:43 AM
Reply #2

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I just finished reading The Secret Book of Artephius. This short 12 page book was an amazingly wonderful read. It helped explain not only Fire, but Water and the significance of Whiteness in alchemy. I also realized quite a few things about sol and Luna while reading this wonderful little book.  Once again, another book that puts forth some of the aspects of Alchemy in a straight forward manner that is just barely hidden from view under symbolical language.

Namaste
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

June 06, 2008, 09:26:20 PM
Reply #3

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
The Seven Hermetic Letters I kinda found it funny because The Kybalion states 7 principals of magic and thought something with the number 7 was important because of that. Other then that it was almost exsactly like France bardons book Initiation into Hermetics. A little cut and dry for me though I like Initiation into hermetics because it explained about the elemental properties.  Other then that I get The Seven Hermetic Letters a 4 out of 10. Later all till next time.

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

June 07, 2008, 06:13:17 PM
Reply #4

YHSHV

• Settling In

• View Profile

June 12, 2008, 11:18:52 AM
Reply #5

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
While this isn't normally viewed as an occult theory or practical book I believe it is of TREMENDOUS value to the aspirant, psion, or BEA practitioner.

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven R. Covey

I just finished this book last night and plan to implement as much of the habits as I can starting next Monday. I have done part of it before but stopped reading due to family issues and now that I have finished the book I can see what a powerful package it can be. It details how to keep your life in balance, under control, and have rich "interpersonal" relationships with people. 

I would strongly suggest it to any person who is start a path in the energy arts or magick and are staying involved in the world.

This book is second in my mind only to The Kybalion as the best book for an aspirant to read.

Namaste
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

June 21, 2008, 09:19:12 PM
Reply #6

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
The Mystical Kabahallah By Dion fortiune.
6 out of 10 for practical knowledge.
I found her look at it slightly incitfull but I felt she was trying to make us use her personal truths when we should find our own once in awhile to make them more powerfull to us. Other then that it helps understand a certian perspectyive on how the universal machine works from the source. AKA kethier

January 22, 2011, 09:32:56 PM
Reply #7

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
http://vsociety.net/wiki/V-Library

Okay trying to breath some life into this project again. :) Remember The E Book has to be public domain to be in our library how ever. Reviews on books do not have to be from the E library we have set up. Please keep them legible as possible. With enough grammar to get your point across. Any bashing of books is not allowed only peer review with constructive criticism.

Basic format of a review.

*"Name of book"
* By "Author"  

*A synopses of what the books subject is about.

*Your opinion with constructive criticism

*Rating of said book from a Scale 1-10

**Note The reviews of from the personal view points of the individual any reviews that bash book in a non constructive fashion will be petitioned for deletion. Furthermore Keep it civil and noteworthy. All Books May have more then one review with many view points this is all right to do; Meaning we have more people reading books and reviewing increasing our outlook on books in subject.

Also yes you can write reviews on books not pertaining to the ideals and teaching possessed at this site... But what I don't want to see is a few hundred reviews of Harry potter. I wouldn't mind Dr. Sues though that man was a genius. :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:47:44 PM by NathanE »

January 23, 2011, 10:35:16 PM
Reply #8

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
*Dragon a short story from the commemorative edition of the Necronomicon
* By H.P. Lovecraft

It is about a shipwrecked individual hallucinations/escape from an island where he escapes Nazis taking over the supertanker he is on only to wash ashore in his sleep and finding a pillar with depictions of fish people and there history. Fleeing from the island and being picked up by allied Navy he is highly delirious and I will save the best for thoughs who read it.

Good story won't give me nightmares as much as it might of been when I was younger but very descriptive and to the point giving you enough to start visualization and letting your imagination take off like a rocket.

7 out of 10 because it was shorter then I would of liked.

November 28, 2011, 10:42:03 PM
Reply #9

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
Ghost Story
By Jim Butcher 

This is one of the many Harry Dresden books in my collection. How ever he is dead and with being dead having no powers he still faces adversity. Along with kindling a young Magically inclined student back on the path to learning instead of ignorance.

I enjoy Harry Dresden books because it is closely veiled around Direct magic and finding things without magic one should not create a crutch from a gift. How ever other then lifting my moral I will have to give it a 6 out of 10 because it is still a fiction book but it gives great ideas. :)

PS: BUMP