Author Topic: a question about 6 packs.  (Read 4298 times)

March 12, 2004, 06:42:38 PM
Reply #15

Revelation

• A Familiar Feature

• inanis

• Personal Text
    i'm probably the smartest person i know.
    • View Profile
6 packs really aren't too tough to get, IMO. I've gone from a pretty flat 4-pack to a 6-pack in a couple weeks. Just do at least 50 sit ups a day for the first few days, then up it to 75, 100, etc, as you progress. Take a break for a day here and there to let yourself heal up. I suppose eating right would help, but I usually don't. My personal secret is a high metabolism, which quick healing and muscle building along with being able to eat whatever I want  :D . A few guys I know are the same way (one started working out for wrestling season and dropped 40 lbs in a week), some people build slower and faster than others, that's all. Just body chemistry.

Oh, and yeah, I've asked girls about the 6-pack thing before. They don't really know why, they just think it's sexy and fun to touch. So probably instinct like a few people said already. Sorry, but most girls don't really care what kind of inner strength and fighting technique you've got, or not the ones I've met anyways.

Some guys get intimidated by it because muscle means strength. Strength means a tougher opponent.

-Rev
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

March 12, 2004, 06:51:46 PM
Reply #16

Syko Dragon

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/syko_dragon/index.html
Quote from: Tsumaru
I never knew 8 packs were possible O_O

Check out the movie Cyborg with Jean Claude Van-Damme.  I think that's the movie, but the bad guy has got an 8-Pack.
"The path of non-resistance is fine for an adapting conformist, but sometimes you have to know when to cut through the grain to express your individualism." ~Me

"The Advanced is just the Basics reconstructed in a Complex way." ~Me

March 12, 2004, 08:44:04 PM
Reply #17

Wei_Tu_hui

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I eat more than anyone I know and I am still stronger and thinner than almost all of my friends are. Also I don't work out nearly as much as they do. I love my fast metabolism :D .
Remember, eagles may soar, but weasels don't get
sucked into jet engines.

How many zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Two, one to change the light bulb and one NOT  to change the light bulb

March 12, 2004, 10:05:32 PM
Reply #18

Ninja Kl0wn

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Forget plain situps.  V-ups, leg raises, super crunches, russian twists, and a good diet are your real secret to abs.
Warning:
Posts by this user may be deemed offensive to people who cannot think for themselves!

March 12, 2004, 10:16:29 PM
Reply #19

Jeckel

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    nothing more to say
    • View Profile
its all in the primal mind.
Just a wishful thinker with the worst intentions.

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Mad World

March 12, 2004, 10:22:34 PM
Reply #20

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
I eat more than anyone I know and I am still stronger and thinner than almost all of my friends are. Also I don't work out nearly as much as they do. I love my fast metabolism  .

Dude I totally relate to you there. I'm 5'7" and 125 lbs. I eat 5 random meals a day and don't gain weight. I have almost no body fat and a pretty sculpted body. it's not super impressive, but hey you can see my six pack. All my friends are not what you would call thin, maybe i hang out with them for psychological reasons subconsiously. oh well, my girlfriend likes my six pack because its fun to touch. she doesn't really like me doing the whole martial arts thing, I probably scare her, cuz I can kick higher than she can and do deeper splits than her. oh well, 6 pack intimidation/attractiveness is purely psychological. it depends on personality.
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

March 13, 2004, 03:22:36 AM
Reply #21

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Quote from: Tsumaru
I never knew 8 packs were possible O_O

And that is why someone would be proud to have one. If you had just saw it you'd be like: "Wow, dude! 8-pack! Cool!" Or some other compliment. And that's why they're all so cool and good to have ;)

Quote from: Zaxton
Oh and i forgot to metion in order to git a eight pack do at least about 250 sit ups a day for like 6 months that is what it took me seriously? sorry for the spam ^_^

Hmm... I don't always have much time, how long does it take to do 250 sit-ups?

Oh and might I add, if you have body fat, you can do as many sit-ups as you want a day, but unless you get rid of the body fat, your eight-pack lying underneath will not show itself. So those who aren't just thin, diet should be added to your exercize

Quote from: Ninja Kl0wn
Forget plain situps.  V-ups, leg raises, super crunches, russian twists, and a good diet are your real secret to abs.

Wouldn't it be fun if you actually explained to me what all those exercizes are? Got a link maybe with some descriptions or pics?

P.S.: How the HELL do you spell exercize? I always forget that that. Exercise Excersize Excercise Exersice  :confused:, AAARGH *pulls hair out of head*

March 13, 2004, 03:26:24 AM
Reply #22

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Quote from: Ninja Kl0wn

Wouldn't it be fun if you actually explained to me what all those exercizes are? Got a link maybe with some descriptions or pics?

P.S.: How the HELL do you spell exercize? I never know that. Exercise Excersize Excercise Exersice, AAARGH *pulls hair out of head*

March 13, 2004, 03:50:18 AM
Reply #23

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
A website I'm quite fond of is netfit.co.uk It has heaps of free exercises (that's the proper spelling), and you can get even more if you become a paid member, but I find that I dont need to. They even have a special workout set out just for abs, and I mean they have HEAPS of ab exercises. Check it out, a really good site.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

March 13, 2004, 08:32:42 AM
Reply #24

Charra

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I know a very good way for getting great abs, but I doubt any of males here would even think about it because it could be considered sissy... Oriental dancing (also known as belly dancing by uneducated people).

I got a 4-pack like in two months of practicing twice a week, and when I actually got serious and practiced daily (15-20 mins per day while watching TV), it didn't take long at all to get a 6-pack. And I can have a 110 pounds person walk on my stomach without it feeling uncomfortable at all (a crazy experiment a friend of mine wanted to try). Getting out of shape now though  :( , been too lazy to do much of anything...

March 13, 2004, 12:00:00 PM
Reply #25

_jujitsu_

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
All those suggestions so far for getting six packs are great, but here's another way, that will tie in quite nicely to all those people who do martial arts.  If your martial arts involves attacks to your stomach, or solar plexus, ask you training partner to hit harder than normal when doing strikes or kicks there.  After having that done to you for over an hour, you muscle hurt like hell but the increase in defination is amazing.  But a word of warning its the type of thing you can only take twice a week or so cause of the pain.

Would also probably improve your abilty to take blows there all the time aswell.  You'll need some muscles already before you can do this though.
One night I was a butterfly, fluttering happily around.
Then i awoke, and found that I was a man.
But what am I in truth?
A man who dreams he is a butterfly,[/colo

March 13, 2004, 01:18:45 PM
Reply #26

electro

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Ok the thing with a six pack or eight pack is it requires alot of reps. You can have a four pack and still be stronger than a guy with a six pack. All thats going on when your trying to get a six pack or 8 pack is your toning the abdominal muscles to look more defined. This means a guy who has a six pack will probably have more muscular endurance in the abs but not necessarly more muscular strength. When your going for muscular strength your increasing the size of the muscle but not really toning it very much, unless you do both.That is, use weight in some of your exercises and in some you don't. That way you can build up both your strength and your "look" of a 6 or 8 pack. A good example of this was showed in all the old school body builders. If you looked at them, the majority of them didn't even have six packs, but they were still incredibly strong in the abs.