Author Topic: Childhood fluff magick book?  (Read 1049 times)

May 20, 2008, 06:52:28 AM
Read 1049 times

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Haha I was searching through my old magick stuff last night, and I found my very first magick book, I didn't remember that I had that book until I found it, and I was looking through it just for the hell of it and found that it was amazingly similar to the practices in "Modern Magick" by D. M. Kraig, it had a relaxation ritual, a ritual to learn to manipulate chi, making and "consecrating" the magickal tools, and a ritual to ask your higher self questions. I was amazed when I saw this, I had always thought that book was a bunch of BS until now, even though it has tons and tons of fluff in it, this book is meant for like 10 and under, but still, the stuff it tells you to do in there are so much like the books I've read so far on magick... Um I think this might be in the wrong place, please move if necessary lol...
Meep.

May 21, 2008, 01:35:12 PM
Reply #1

Jeckel

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    nothing more to say
    • View Profile
and what's that tell you about magick as a whole?  :P
Just a wishful thinker with the worst intentions.

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Mad World

May 21, 2008, 03:14:19 PM
Reply #2

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
.....Machine gun? Sorry I have no clue about what you mean.
Meep.

May 21, 2008, 03:18:08 PM
Reply #3

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Jeckel tends to lean towards the notion that Magick is ridiculous and fluffy. He is also quite rude about it.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

May 22, 2008, 06:54:22 AM
Reply #4

The Jacket

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Just to the right side of wrong.
    • View Profile
IT tells me that you can buy pretty much any book on magick as a general subject and get about the same thing.  Not that I dont think magick exists, I just think that it is found through yourself and not a book.  Its intuition and expression.
I also think the notion of the higher self having an independent conscience doesnt make sense. 

I would have loved to have that book when I was little though ^_^.  That would have been fun.  I've been interested in magick since I was very little, and I always pretended to be a wizard or have some kind of magick power.  Fun times. lol
Every thing you know is wrong! Only what you dont know is true. Surely then the wisest man is he who knows nothing! By knowing nothing, clearly you know everything that isn't, and therefore everything that is.