Author Topic: Daily Magic Practices II  (Read 97328 times)

January 22, 2009, 04:36:58 PM
Reply #105

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I don't think that cornstalks go through anything of that sort.

Anything like what?  You mean crowded conditions and massive killing on an industrial scale?  Watch this youtube video of a giant machine of death cutting through cruely over-crowded fields of corn, grinding the cornstalks to bits one after the other without compassion or concern.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m49nOtxkHfc

...  The difference?  For some reason you care about chickens but not about cornstalks.  I doubt this difference in concern has anything to do with karma, and instead, has more to do with you anthropomorphizing chickens, but not cornstalks.  Just a little food for thought.

(Of course I don't eat KFC, like your video was about, but this is because of the contents OTHER than chicken which are in their chicken products.)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 22, 2009, 06:35:50 PM
Reply #106

aydinerro

• View Profile
To be honest I'm sure if you compared the effects that had on the plants to the effects physical attacks and lack of stimulation has on animals you'd notice that the plants take much less damage.
I have to eat one of the two to survive, plants or animals, and I truly think animals take more abuse than plants.

I don't like how you assume, because you don't know me and one of my strongest beliefs is that all living things are equal.
I think it's just as big a deal to kill a human being as it is to kill a flower.

January 22, 2009, 07:32:45 PM
Reply #107

DannyLeeMatthew

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Harmony~
    • View Profile
I hope this doesn't come of as rude but how do you put killing a flower in the same league as killing a human? What is in a flower that is equally important in a human? If I accidentally run over a child in a vehicle, do you consider that the same offense as stepping on an ant? Were you just exaggerating? I'm quite intrigued if you were serious.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. ~ Mark Twain

January 22, 2009, 07:46:56 PM
Reply #108

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I think it's just as big a deal to kill a human being as it is to kill a flower.
   That sounds like a very painful way to live, how do you eat? Because if what you are saying is true, that means you admit you see yourself as on the same level as a daily Mass-Murderer.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

January 22, 2009, 08:16:20 PM
Reply #109

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Quote from: kobok
...  The difference?  For some reason you care about chickens but not about cornstalks.  I doubt this difference in concern has anything to do with karma, and instead, has more to do with you anthropomorphizing chickens, but not cornstalks.  Just a little food for thought.
Acknowleding that animals have consciousness and can feel pain but plants don't isn't anthropomorphisation - it's looking at reality. It's just whether or not you believe consciousness and pain marks an existence worth keeping.

Personally I love eating meat and wouldn't give it up. Vegetarianism isn't the answer for me. Instead, I try to pursue other pathways that promote the wellbeing of animals which are kept for food production. Better living conditions and humane, ideally painless, methods of slaughter.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

January 22, 2009, 09:58:09 PM
Reply #110

Dazza

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Rise up and become light!
    • View Profile
As to the question it sounds like a really easy answer. If you don't want to eat meat then don't:)

If you want to know more about what Prophecy says about diet then I suggest you check out the article

"Magic as Divine science" on this site.

January 23, 2009, 08:50:31 AM
Reply #111

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
In this article and "Magic as a Divine Science" I try to present a more scientific (magically speaking) rationale for cutting back on red meat in a diet, instead of simply using morals.  While morals are nice, they should not compel the aspiring student to ignore the spiritual facts underlying events. 

To answer your original question, there is still some negativity in the flesh of any animal simply because of the process involved in its slaughter.  However, those shocks of energy are considered external, having been triggered by something outside the being in question, and so their impact on the etheric composition of the flesh is nowhere near as powerful as the innate qualities which the animal itself possessed, and which found regular expression throughout its entire life.  People who would like to carry this spiritual principle a little further in its application to eating would do well to avoid fastfood meals, even those with chicken or fish, which for someone concerned about their health is a given anyways.  The meat sold at local or regional grocery stores in particular usually comes from animals who, until the time of their slaughter, lived comparatively natural lives on local, family-owned farms. 

As I have pointed out in other writings, another reason for the practice-intensive aspirant to use mostly fruit, vegetables, poultry, and fish, in his diet is because it does not divert the body's energy flow in the process of digestion as much as red meat does.  Thus, he will have more energy available for spiritual and mental concentration during his practices.  The aspirant who is accustomed to eating red meat will at first not feel a difference, or may even feel less physically energetic.  In a matter of weeks, however, this will change.  With any degree of introspection, the individual will see the benefits.  On an even more mundane level, "light" meals, especially those revolving around fruits and vegetables, will allow the aspirant to practice again within only an hour instead of the usually alotted three hours. 

January 23, 2009, 03:06:28 PM
Reply #112

aydinerro

• View Profile
I hope this doesn't come of as rude but how do you put killing a flower in the same league as killing a human? What is in a flower that is equally important in a human? If I accidentally run over a child in a vehicle, do you consider that the same offense as stepping on an ant? Were you just exaggerating? I'm quite intrigued if you were serious.

In a way, yes I did mean that.
I think that all living things are just that--- living things and that if we are to respect one then we should respect all. I think human beings have started thinking of themselves way too highly of themselves. I also believe that there are things that are meant to die more frequently than humans such as flowers and bugs and such, but murdering them on purpose and without a purpose is something I don't support.

Acknowleding that animals have consciousness and can feel pain but plants don't isn't anthropomorphisation - it's looking at reality. It's just whether or not you believe consciousness and pain marks an existence worth keeping.

Personally I love eating meat and wouldn't give it up. Vegetarianism isn't the answer for me. Instead, I try to pursue other pathways that promote the wellbeing of animals which are kept for food production. Better living conditions and humane, ideally painless, methods of slaughter.
[/quote]

That sounds like a very painful way to live, how do you eat? Because if what you are saying is true, that means you admit you see yourself as on the same level as a daily Mass-Murderer.
[/quote]

Yes I do, but we were built to be mass-murderers I think, or little things like bugs and such wouldn't be so easy to kill on accident. Yes I don't eat meat and I avoid killing other things, but I was thinking of this idea more about people who are willing to devote their lives to their spiritual body.

As for you Prophecy, thank you very much for the intelligent response and information.
And thank all of you for replying. I know it may be weird dealing with someone who thinks all living things equal. =]

January 23, 2009, 03:19:21 PM
Reply #113

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
Although I am certainly no authority on the subject, I was told that humans are in fact above all else. If you read Prophecy's "Self Mastery" article then it becomes evident that we are meant to be God's, not animals. The goal is ridding ourselves of our animal nature, and raise ourselves closer to God, becoming God.
So, in a way, we are equal to dogs and flowers. But the goal of humanity is to raise above the animal, and into the divine. Every human was once another animal or some such thing in their previous lives. When you are finally reborn as a human, it is a sign that your soul has matured enough to become one with the divine.
Am I right in saying all of this?
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

January 23, 2009, 03:55:51 PM
Reply #114

aydinerro

• View Profile
I don't know about that and I don't think I'll know until death, and then perhaps I still won't know.
What happens once one is divine?
Because if that's the end, then no I don't believe in that at all.
I don't think anything would ever end or be the same for eternity.
So animals that have strong auras and such are just animals closer to becoming human?
Hmm...I really like that theory.
That'd explain our lack of great physical bodies and our powerful minds.
Thank you for that..

January 23, 2009, 04:01:47 PM
Reply #115

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I'm quoting Entity here:

Don't worry, I have the same problem, as does everybody, as nobody who has not entered into union with the Divine can know anything about how it actually is. All we can assume is that it is most definitively very good indeed.

"Who could live, who could breathe, if that blissful Self dwelt not within the lotus of the heart? He it is that gives joy.
"Of what nature is this joy?
"Consider the lot of a young man, noble, well-read, intelligent, strong, healthy, with all the wealth of the world at his command. Assume that he is happy, and measure his joy as one unit.
"One hundred times that joy is one unit of the joy of Gandharvas. 43
"One hundred times the joy of Gandharvas is one unit of the joy of celestial Gandharvas.
"One hundred times the joy of celestial Gandharvas is one unit of the joy of the Pitris 44 in their paradise.
"One hundred times the joy of the Pitris in their paradise is one unit of the joy of the Devas. 45
"One hundred times the joy of the Devas is one unit of the joy of the karma Devas.
"One hundred times the joy of the karma Devas is one unit of the joy of the ruling Devas.
"One hundred times the joy of the ruling Devas is one unit of the joy of Indra. 46
"One hundred times the joy of Indra is one unit of the joy of Brihaspati. 47
"One hundred times the joy of Brihaspati is one unit of the joy of Prajapati. 48
"One hundred times the joy of Prajapati is one unit of the joy of Brahma: 49 but no less joy than Brahma has the seer to whom the Self has been revealed, and who is without craving." 50

43) Gandharvas and the other types of beings listed here are highly evolved astral beings. [Go back]
44) The souls of the departed, particularly one's ancestors. [Go back]
45) Very highly advanced astral beings with great powers, and therefore "gods." Sometimes called "demigods." [Go back]
46) Indra is king of the gods. [Go back]
47) Brihaspati is the guru of the gods. [Go back]
48) Prajapati is another name of Brahma, the creator of the three worlds of men, angels, and archangels-bhur, bhuwah, and swah. [Go back]
49) God Himself. [Go back]
50) Taittiriya Upanishad 2:8 [Go back]
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

January 23, 2009, 06:02:11 PM
Reply #116

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
That would depend on your belief system, SD. And I don't believe anyone here has the authority to say definitively the nature of reality in regards to reincarnation, god, and who or what is "above" anything else.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

January 23, 2009, 07:26:42 PM
Reply #117

CyberDemon08

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Scientia est potestas
    • View Profile
That would depend on your belief system, SD. And I don't believe anyone here has the authority to say definitively the nature of reality in regards to reincarnation, god, and who or what is "above" anything else.

I think that was being said in a general sense, trying to illustrate that rising above the physical and becoming 'divine' is not necessarily the end of evolution, that there are more and greater levels of evolution yet to go.

January 24, 2009, 02:21:03 AM
Reply #118

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
When you practice Yoga, it's not as if you are leaving the Earth. I see it as truly being part of the universe, seeing the divine beauty in everything.

January 24, 2009, 08:34:41 AM
Reply #119

aydinerro

• View Profile
So can a higher state only be reached through meditation and such?
I was wondering if people like Martin Luther King, J.F.K, or Gandhi [although I'm not sure he didn't meditate] would advance in the divine scale.