Author Topic: Daily Magic Practices II  (Read 97327 times)

July 29, 2008, 07:17:02 PM
Reply #90

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Yes, the best Japa is done internally, as in thinking the mantra over and over. It does not normally need to be Vibrated.  I actually do japa  almost constantly through out the day and if you can do this while still functioning but the main focus still on japa, it is a very equalizing and uplifting feeling.   

Here is a nice little book on Japa by Sri Swami Sivananda.
http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/japayoga.htm
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

July 29, 2008, 08:38:50 PM
Reply #91

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It's good to cycle the japa like this: One round loud, one round quiet, and one round silent. Repeat that three times followed by a final silent one, and you get a good method of performing ten malas. You can, of course, just keep going off with the silent from that point through natural repetition. The LBRP is another matter.

July 29, 2008, 10:44:06 PM
Reply #92

Svatejasaa

• Veritas Teacher
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
In Japa, the mantra is not seen as having much power in itself. Rather, the mantra is seen as a means to focus the mind. When you are working in ritualistic settings, you are employing the power of the names, and thus you will vibrate them aloud.

July 29, 2008, 11:17:15 PM
Reply #93

Watchtower

• Posts By Osmosis

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Contemplative Panentheist
    • View Profile
There are the Natural Principles (or "laws," which Science observes), and then there are the Deities who have authority over them (who Magicians observe and communicate with). Is this not True?

Depends on who you ask.  We can leave it at that.

Because from what I see, you are debating that "Modern Science" (which looks at things from a mostly Materialistic perspective, and is thus incomplete in my opinion) and "Magic" (which is a far older, Spiritual Science) can or can't be compared. In a debate like this, isn't it important to note that Modern Science is almost completely ignorant of the Spiritual Nature of the Universe, to which Magicians have known for thousands of years?

Not for the purposes of what we were talking about, which was the material world and the statements each model makes about it.  We're not arguing over which one is right (and we haven't even specified which metaphysical model we're using for comparison, we're using hypotheticals).  The fact that modern science doesn't recognize a "spiritual nature of the universe" is obvious from its statements about the material world, so it doesn't really need to be brought up.  Also keep in mind that while some individual scientists might think there is nothing beyond what we currently conceive of as "physical," or that there is nothing left for us to discover (which any decent scientist will tell you is a ludicrous idea), science itself doesn't reject the possibility of so-called "metaphysics" (which is originally a philosophical term, if I remember correctly).  Science is simply concerned with finding the best and most reliable way of explaining and understanding the world that we perceive around us.  It has found the idea of sentient, governing entities to be a superfluous one for the purposes of explaining most if not all currently observed phenomenon.  

Hopefully that explains my point clearly.  If you want to discuss this more, please either PM me or make a new thread so as not to clutter this thread any further.
"For no matter how holy works may be, they do not make us holy because we do them, but in so far as we within ourselves are as we should be, we make holy all that we do, whether it be eating, or sleeping, or working, or what it may."

-Eckhart von Hochheim

October 29, 2008, 04:05:23 AM
Reply #94

Dazza

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Rise up and become light!
    • View Profile
Sorry to bump this topic if it is too old but I dont really feel my question needs a new thread.
I want to practice Asana, Pranayama, and thought control, currently I practice them all in that order. Is the order Ok?
Also, if I were to begin Japa, where would i place it?

October 29, 2008, 06:25:14 AM
Reply #95

Entity

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    : : A a U u M m : :
    • View Profile
    • United Psionics Club
Sorry to bump this topic if it is too old but I dont really feel my question needs a new thread.
I want to practice Asana, Pranayama, and thought control, currently I practice them all in that order. Is the order Ok?
Also, if I were to begin Japa, where would i place it?

Don't worry about it, it is an article so it is never really too late to get a question in.

That order is fine. It depends on what you feel like. For example, if you are practicing early in the morning then you may want to do Asana last, as you work from the internal to the external. You can practice japa whenever you would like.
: : O m  N a m a h  S h i v a y a : :

October 29, 2008, 04:29:34 PM
Reply #96

TheAleph

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    א
    • View Profile
Veos gives some guidelines for Sadhana in his Yoga articles: http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/12925.0 (check under Some examples of Sadhana routines in Hatha Yoga).
Pranayama might help clearing your mind, making Thought Control easier. However, if you want to train TC with a "normal" flow of thoughts you should do it first.
Maybe you can try different orders until you find one that you like :D
"Today, a young man on acid, realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, and we are the imagination of ourselves... now here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

January 21, 2009, 06:58:02 PM
Reply #97

aydinerro

• View Profile
Hey I know this thing's been dead for a while, but I was studying it and it said to avoid things of negative nature and stuff like that.
Wouldn't that include all forms of meat?
Most animals have awful lives, and are pounded full of negative energy before they're slaughtered (the ones that you buy in stores and such).
I would think that energy would stain their flesh since that was the shell in which their soul resided.

January 21, 2009, 07:44:13 PM
Reply #98

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
You can avoid meat, but MOST animals do not lead horrible lives.

Also, Articles are never Dead topics. They are always open for comments. You could comment on Ars Anima Gladius if you wanted to.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

January 21, 2009, 10:09:38 PM
Reply #99

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Most animals have awful lives, and are pounded full of negative energy before they're slaughtered (the ones that you buy in stores and such).

Exactly what kind of glorious life do you think a cornstalk leads before being sliced to bits and harvested?
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

January 22, 2009, 12:48:21 AM
Reply #100

Tomega

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile

1) From point of yoga, there is value or energetic degree of food you are eating. Especially in this order:
- plants,
- flash from animals that eat plants,
- flash from animals that eat meat.

This is because of "solar" energy that is ceased every time that is taken in differetn, lower - materialised format. Some even say that on first place is solar energy. But as I understand this is subject of "Solar" Yoga, so I do not know how true are statments of this "kind" of yoga.

2) If we take some animal, lets say chichen, and slother it so we can eat it, or at least buy chichen meat in store, which is same thing, because we have same kind of "loaded" meat. If we look chichen, during slother phase, it expereinced some shock, panic and fear. So it is automaticlly stored in its 3 bodys. Part of shock is accumulated in flash.
So at this point we could clean meat seeing that all negative energy is leaving flash and neutral or positive energy stays in it.

3) To say about cornstalk life  :biggrin: , see it in this manner. Doing some experiments, it is scientifically shown that plant can "recive" vibrations from outside world. If connect plant to some proper machine that measure how plant is reacting on different situations, it is showed that plant acts differentlly when in room is angered person or person in love. Also it is howen that if we put love when planting our plants, than it will be healthier, more in size and weight etc. Or opposite they will be smaller, weaker when puting negative vibrations etc. Also at this point we could speak of music. Scientists experimented when playing Mozart plants were really improved in growing. Opposite with country music, metal music etc.

4) All being said, to be short, clean your food energetically (and physically, offcourse  :wink: ), load it if it pleases you, eat it, thank God for it, and go on with your life.

All best,  :)
To Know, To Will, To Dare and To Keep Silent

January 22, 2009, 09:07:52 AM
Reply #101

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
If we look chichen, during slother phase, it expereinced some shock, panic and fear. So it is automaticlly stored in its 3 bodys. Part of shock is accumulated in flash.
That's chemicals that are released at time of death. It's been noted for a long time that wild animals taste different than stock animals, because of different diets and lifestyle, which translates into what chemicals are more or less present in the animal during it's life, and how much adrenaline and other such chemicals get released "in a flash" into the body when it's killed.

However, to disway the idea from aydinerro that the negative energy of it's death remains accumulated in it's body, the meat from stock animals goes through a lot of processing, is handled by a lot of people, and passes a lot of places. By the time it reaches the grocer's shelves, it's probably pretty clean of the negative energy and would be filled up with the same random energy that everything else on the shelves would be. Not that such energy is particularily meaningful, as it's almost wholly undirected and can easily be cleaned or modified by simple practices like those found in the IIH when it talks about "conscious eating of food".

Life consumes life in order to continue living ^_^

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

January 22, 2009, 02:16:04 PM
Reply #102

aydinerro

• View Profile
I don't know if you're allowed to post links on this site but here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIOmidHavo
There's chickens.
I used that lady because I didn't want to use Peta.
That's just the main animals people eat. I mean stuff like walmart, fast food restaurants, etc.

I don't think that cornstalks go through anything of that sort.
Either way...they are both loaded with awful chemicals, and I'm sure organics would be much better for us spiritually and physically, but I can't imagine why anyone would abuse a cornstalk whereas loads of people abuse animals.
I actually know people who have worked in places like slaughter houses.

I love that life consumes life...but I just thought there was an enormous difference in that [the video I posted] and what it's like to hunt a wild animal and consume it.
The feeling of hunting is really primitive and exhilarating.
As for eating animals like the one above,
Personally, it's something I'm going to avoid rather it can be cleansed or not..I just like hearing other peoples' opinions.

And by the way I'm very glad I found this site...everyone is so brilliant, especially in contrast to the other forums I'm used to. =]

January 22, 2009, 02:33:31 PM
Reply #103

TheAleph

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    א
    • View Profile
You could try buying from local (non-industrialized) farms:
http://www.localharvest.org/

I'm sure they treat animals way better than that.

"Today, a young man on acid, realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, and we are the imagination of ourselves... now here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

January 22, 2009, 02:47:56 PM
Reply #104

aydinerro

• View Profile
You could try buying from local (non-industrialized) farms:
http://www.localharvest.org/

I'm sure they treat animals way better than that.

Thank you very much Aleph, but I'm probably still not going to partake unless I kill it. =]