Author Topic: Daily Magic Practices II  (Read 99086 times)

January 21, 2012, 01:45:21 PM
Reply #150

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It is comparable in the effect of silencing the mind and directing it in a certain direction, but that direction and the motivation behind the silencing are wholly different - in psi the aim is to affect, whereas in japa the aim is to be affected. Depending on how you were thinking of the two being "directly comparable," this could either confirm or oppose your statement.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

January 27, 2012, 09:04:27 PM
Reply #151

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
@ Bubba
I believe the energy being stored up is used to raise the "serpent" up to the chambers along the spine, so that's what direction the energy is going. I have been told that after you awaken the Sophic Fire, or Kundalini energy, and bring it up out of the base of the spine, you can worry less about limiting your sexual release. There is a difference between releasing while having intercourse with someone you love and release purely out of self gratification as well, so that kind of speaks to your ideas about intent.
And how!

January 28, 2012, 09:01:46 AM
Reply #152

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
The energy is stored to help raise and awaken the kundalini(two separate events), even once its awakened any energy released won't be used for spiritual evolution. This is due to a reduction in the total vitality of the body with sexual release which is necessary for rising the kundalini. As the kundalini rises the attachment to physical pleasure is reduced so it won't cause as many negative side effects on a person seeking liberation. However there will be less vitality which will slow down progress a bit. Balance is important here.

After a certain point it seems that the side effects are greatly reduced from not releasing the sexual energy. For me this was a more gradual process over the course of 7 months or so where my mind was drawn more inwards in meditation and my mind detached much more from sexual desire, from what I can tell that was likely the kundalini rising from the base chakra to the sexual region. At the same time it could be a result from increasing my meditations and thus the amount of energy my body can handle the increased energy.

Just thought i'd share some of my recent experiences in the matter.

August 23, 2012, 08:23:35 PM
Reply #153

Henry

• Settling In

• View Profile
Should we do this separately or in conjunction with Daily Magic Practices I?

August 24, 2012, 02:22:08 AM
Reply #154

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Should we do this separately or in conjunction with Daily Magic Practices I?

Maybe you could be interested in this article:
Setting up your daily practices http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,21004.0.html

August 24, 2012, 10:17:04 AM
Reply #155

Henry

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks man. Though I do have another question. Should one start their chosen system of magic before, or after the start of these practices?

August 24, 2012, 01:16:36 PM
Reply #156

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Thanks man. Though I do have another question. Should one start their chosen system of magic before, or after the start of these practices?

That's good question. It's hard to do so before as by starting your magickal practices you automatically also start your path :). These practices are enough general to suit your needs in any system you choose so there is not really any problem to do so before deciding which path is the best one for you.

August 24, 2012, 01:52:01 PM
Reply #157

Henry

• Settling In

• View Profile
I've read in Prophecy's "The First Steps", that it would benefit you if one started in elemental magic. Can I start in more than one type of magic?

August 25, 2012, 08:48:19 PM
Reply #158

Henry

• Settling In

• View Profile
How should the mantra japa and namah japa be said? Pronouncing it correctly is one, I know. But Should it be sung, or just flat out chanted?

August 26, 2012, 02:25:15 PM
Reply #159

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
How should the mantra japa and namah japa be said? Pronouncing it correctly is one, I know. But Should it be sung, or just flat out chanted?

It depends what suits you. Try singing, try vibrating, try silenced mantra (half-voice repetition). Try each day one and write down your results.

November 29, 2012, 08:38:29 AM
Reply #160

Dragoon2

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    I like the Darkness...
    • View Profile

- Do not be overly sexual.  Sexual activity twice a month is considered a safe maximum that allows spiritual progress to go mostly unhampered, presuming it is performed as an expression of love.  Masturbation is strictly forbidden for someone who wants real success.  Celibacy is always the most effective choice when it is realistic.
- If you are a particularly sexual-minded person, then avoid the company of the opposite sex.

You know, this could be difficult for some people my age (meaning 18. Young.)
Insanity is my Specialty...

November 29, 2012, 09:47:07 AM
Reply #161

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

- Do not be overly sexual.  Sexual activity twice a month is considered a safe maximum that allows spiritual progress to go mostly unhampered, presuming it is performed as an expression of love.  Masturbation is strictly forbidden for someone who wants real success.  Celibacy is always the most effective choice when it is realistic.
- If you are a particularly sexual-minded person, then avoid the company of the opposite sex.

You know, this could be difficult for some people my age (meaning 18. Young.)

It could actually be difficult for anyone older than 15 years. Being in relationship and having sex twice a month is a good way to get your partner cheating on you, btw.

Dragoon, if you want to make some sense out of your research, I would avoid Prophecy's articles for now, at first you have to develop a special learning faculty which will filter ANY magick related papers into this:
*BLAH BLAH BLAH*, *TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT*, *BLAH, BLAH*, GOOD INFORMATION, *BLAH*.

November 29, 2012, 10:12:44 AM
Reply #162

Dragoon2

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    I like the Darkness...
    • View Profile
O.K.

Alright, I'll just be quite honest with you. You just totally lost me there... :confused:
Insanity is my Specialty...

November 30, 2012, 07:16:25 AM
Reply #163

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Nice and simple, learn to divide information you get into following categories:
- great information
- not so great, but with a couple of tweaks I can get something out of it
- useless (either because of traditional or functional aspects).

If you want to study something more ready for you, I can only recommend to take a look at the Theories, Articles and Philosophy section, there are a couple of articles written by me.

December 03, 2012, 01:58:17 AM
Reply #164

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Actually Prophecy's stuff is a bit misleading. I don't say it is wrong, just not totally correct...