Author Topic: Practical Runic Magic Class  (Read 25800 times)

March 21, 2008, 10:54:37 AM
Reply #15

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
I'm on spring break, so I'll post something up in the  Theories, Articles, and Philosophy section. I'm looking forward to seeing your approach. Also, for the people who can't make the time, why not post the log? That should make the time restriction thing much easier to resolve.

I do plan to post the log, it would just be nice to have people there to ask questions while I'm in the zone, so-to-speak. :p
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

March 21, 2008, 11:07:45 AM
Reply #16

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
So your doing these tommorw?? And is all I need to do get on the chat, i've never been present for a lecture before.

March 21, 2008, 11:34:32 AM
Reply #17

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
So your doing these tommorw?? And is all I need to do get on the chat, i've never been present for a lecture before.

Next weekend. I haven't fully prepared for tomorrow, and something came up and I'll be out of town. Yes, to be present for a lecture all you have to do is enter the chat room. ^_^

March 26, 2008, 03:34:07 AM
Reply #18

Gerhard

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Don't Judge a Book by its Cover *bsmile
    • View Profile
    • Gerhardkt
thank good its next weekend...I'm also interested. if its during the weekend since I am unable to do it during week days....
Really looking forward to this... :biggrin:
My avatar: Chinook...I miss you!!

March 29, 2008, 08:37:55 PM
Reply #19

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
Gentle reminder:

Runic Magic Lecture tomorrow. 11 AM Pacific, 12 Mountain, 1 PM Central, 2 PM Easter, and 7 or 8 PM European.

March 30, 2008, 11:19:39 AM
Reply #20

Pursuit of Knowledge

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I read this at nearly 2 pm exactly. Then I got on chat for the 1st time and BAM  :headwall:  :HA!: There you all were... I'm so happy to get into chat!
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart ~old Indian saying

Do not comfort yourself by failing less than your peers. If you fall short of ideal target feel comforted, if short of realistic target work harder. ~Raitaro

March 30, 2008, 04:30:00 PM
Reply #21

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
Very enlightening lecture, thank you Big_Boss.  I hope we all get to hear more about your path in the near future.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

April 08, 2008, 07:15:37 PM
Reply #22

june eclipsis

• Settling In

• View Profile
Look through the light and you may never see anything.

April 08, 2008, 08:36:57 PM
Reply #23

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile

April 14, 2008, 04:21:27 PM
Reply #24

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
As I've said before. The content and how easy you made it to understand more than compensated for the slight lack of organization.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

May 05, 2008, 09:17:59 AM
Reply #25

Micky-P

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
When is the next class, I'd like to drop by
(insert something suggesting knowledge and wit)

May 06, 2008, 07:54:32 AM
Reply #26

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I'd just like to say that while big_boss may not have a lot of confidence in his abilities or knowledge base concerning runes, he has helped me heal on more then one ocassion I think with his runes.  Last night when I was in trouble, I asked him to help me and he drew a rune on my arm and I got some much needed relief.  So when people start to learn of runes, and cannot figure out how to use them in their practical everyday lives, theres really a lot of things you can do if you think outside traditional means and think outside the box.  Thank you Big_boss for not only sharing your information but also extending your practice of your path to include helping me.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

May 06, 2008, 10:59:09 PM
Reply #27

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
When is the next class, I'd like to drop by

At the moment I have no plans for the next class. I definitely have much more to learn. ^_^ Thanks for you interest though.

I'd just like to say that while big_boss may not have a lot of confidence in his abilities or knowledge base concerning runes, he has helped me heal on more then one ocassion I think with his runes.  Last night when I was in trouble, I asked him to help me and he drew a rune on my arm and I got some much needed relief.  So when people start to learn of runes, and cannot figure out how to use them in their practical everyday lives, theres really a lot of things you can do if you think outside traditional means and think outside the box.  Thank you Big_boss for not only sharing your information but also extending your practice of your path to include helping me.

Aw, shucks.   :-*

May 07, 2008, 02:12:47 PM
Reply #28

Watchtower

• Posts By Osmosis

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Contemplative Panentheist
    • View Profile
I'm planning on doing a short lecture on alternative ways to use the runes (alternative in the sense of not just using them as sigils), using the Eddic poems and stories as inspiration.  I'm a bit too busy to put it together right now, but I hope to be able to do it within the next few weeks.  Before I start writing up material, is this something people would be interested in?
I tentatively plan to structure it like so:

-General Introduction to Norse Mythology and Virtues; recommended reading.
-Some points about the nature of Norse magic, based on mythology.
-The Mythological Origin and Importance of Poetry.
-Kennings
-Working poetry and poetic devices into magic.
-Working with the Gods.

It will by no means be exhaustive on the subject, or anything close.  Like Raitaro, I am not nearly an expert at this, but I have some stuff I wouldn't mind contributing to Veritas, if people are interested.  As can be seen, the lecture would be less focused on the runes themselves, and more focused on magical methods with a Norse mindset.
"For no matter how holy works may be, they do not make us holy because we do them, but in so far as we within ourselves are as we should be, we make holy all that we do, whether it be eating, or sleeping, or working, or what it may."

-Eckhart von Hochheim

May 07, 2008, 03:05:27 PM
Reply #29

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
I'm interested. I'll admit I have a huge knowledge gap when it comes to the poetry and language of the runes. I'll definitely be in attendance.