Author Topic: Magic as a Divine Science  (Read 32321 times)

March 24, 2008, 03:41:23 PM
Reply #15

Fireblade

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Sorcerer from the North
    • View Profile
Loved this article.
I've been wondering about the difference in numbers of enlightened adepts and yogis and have been wondering why the yogis seem to outnumber the Western adepts. This explains some of it at least, thanks again.

I have one question though:
I have practiced Chi Kung, Tai Chi, and pranayama, and it is my personal experience that pranayama is overall the most effective for this purpose (one's natural inclinations will likely change this).
I have heard a lot about pranayama both here on the forum and elsewhere, but I haven't found much information about it(practical information not theoretical).
Would you recommend certain sources, or rather certain systems of yoga for a good development of pranayama?
What one know is a secret
What two knows: everyone knows
-Norwegian saying

March 24, 2008, 03:47:53 PM
Reply #16

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I recommend Swami Sivananda (and I think that Prophecy will agree).

March 24, 2008, 09:03:57 PM
Reply #17

Prophecy

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Theurgist

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Swami Sivananda's "Kundalini Yoga" and "The Science of Pranayama" are priceless treasure coves of practical information regarding pranayama, and indeed, regarding Yoga as a whole. 

March 25, 2008, 05:58:12 AM
Reply #18

Fireblade

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Sorcerer from the North
    • View Profile
Thank you again Prophecy, I'll certainly look for those books.
What one know is a secret
What two knows: everyone knows
-Norwegian saying

March 25, 2008, 08:39:59 PM
Reply #19

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
Not really my style and there are several things that I disagree with. But no room to argue with so I'll leave it alone.

Its was a pretty good article. :)
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

March 27, 2008, 04:32:10 AM
Reply #20

Arpspasm

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
A beautiful article which pains me deeply to remove the blinkers of habitual laziness and addictions to sensations and gluttony which I find myself in and for the same reasons it is inspiring for showing the path out of frailty to grace.
Do you believe that all cultural godforms were avatars incarnated from the one source and thereby equally valuable or are there other ways that gods are birthed?
"This life's dim windows of the soul
Distorts the heavens from pole to pole
And leads you to believe a lie
When you see with, not through, the eye."
-William Blake

June 17, 2008, 01:16:26 PM
Reply #21

Felidae

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I was unable to post this the first timeI read this article, so thought I would do so now. It is a wonderful article on several levels, on the first level it is smply a beautifull explication of one mans spiritul path and the personal viewpoint of a veteran of these arts, on another it is a series of bits of very practical cllearly explained advice from that same viewpoint, on another it is an expression of the very divine science it tries to elucidate. The explanations on the conditiong of the three bodies was truly superb and while I cannot agree being a spiritual as well as political anarchist on the need to submit to a guru your reasons for such were very clearly laid out and something I can't help but respect even if it's a tuly antithetical viewpoint fo me. The first time I read it I was finally begigning to come to some conlusions in my long personal struggle about viewpoints on the divine, wich in part mirrored some of the conclusions herin. The fact another poster noted the same thing leads one to think and wonder, or at least me. Excellent article, and the non-filtered viewpoint was greatly appreciated as even on areas wherin there is utter difference due to path and circumstance one can't help bu feel complete respect for your vciewpoint.
I hope your path, wherever it takes you, lead you unto ever greater heghts of knowledge of the divine and that the knowledge you've consistently shared be returned to you a thousan fold.

Peace, Love, Anarchy
May the Darkness embrace you,
Sincerely, Felidae-ICTX

Raitaro: Noted, I hope this versin is more visually palatable.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:40:37 PM by Felidae »

June 17, 2008, 01:27:01 PM
Reply #22

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Please attempt to correct your spelling. Your posts have become a chore to read which is a shame as the content is not generally that bad.
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

June 17, 2008, 07:31:55 PM
Reply #23

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I ran it through spell check for convenience.

I was unable to post this the first time I read this article, so thought I would do so now. It is a wonderful article on several levels, on the first level it is simply a beautiful explication of one mans spiritual path and the personal viewpoint of a veteran of these arts, on another it is a series of bits of very practical, clearly explained advice from that same viewpoint, on another it is an expression of the very divine science it tries to elucidate. The explanations on the conditioning of the three bodies was truly superb and while I cannot agree being a spiritual as well as political anarchist on the need to submit to a guru your reasons for such were very clearly laid out and something I can't help but respect even if it's a truly antithetical viewpoint for me. The first time I read it I was finally beginning to come to some conclusions in my long personal struggle about viewpoints on the divine, which in part mirrored some of the conclusions here in. The fact another poster noted the same thing leads one to think and wonder, or at least me. Excellent article, and the non-filtered viewpoint was greatly appreciated as even on areas wherein there is utter difference due to path and circumstance one can't help but feel complete respect for your viewpoint.
I hope your path, wherever it takes you, leads you unto ever greater heights of knowledge of the divine and that the knowledge you've consistently shared be returned to you a thousand fold.

Peace, Love, Anarchy
May the Darkness embrace you,
Sincerely, Felidae-ICTX

Raitaro: Noted, I hope this version is more visually palatable.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

June 25, 2008, 06:22:30 AM
Reply #24

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Excellent article, Prophecy.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

July 14, 2008, 09:31:24 PM
Reply #25

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
I just read the article and I must say all of my questions about the nature of Magic have been answered by now, thanks to all your articles and especially this one. You taught us all a lot of things, and this article is direct proof of how good of a teacher you are. I am now more inspired than ever, and will continue my training, with the right intent.

Also, under Introduction to Magic, in the Magic Articles section of the home page, you should add this article to the list, right after "The Path", because the two go hand in hand.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

May 10, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Reply #26

Corum

• Settling In

• View Profile
Wow, I don't think that my understanding of something has ever been influenced so profoundly and for the better, in such as short period of time as it has been through reading your articles.
"And God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light, but the Electricity Board
said He would have to wait until Thursday to be connected." ~ Spike Milligan

May 20, 2010, 04:49:16 PM
Reply #27

Cornelius

• Personal Text
    Fortitudo Creedo
    • View Profile
Prophecy, I must thank you deeply for this article and the wisdom that is contained in it.

I long have searched for a purpose to soothe my soul. Something that could give meaning to my journey and life. And, after reading this, I noticed how many times I was so close of the answer, and yet I couldn't grasp it. Your words have touched my heart, and showed me that the path ahead me is clear, and I must embrace the opportunity with all my strength and will. And for this I thank you again.

May the wind guide you further, Prophecy. Blessed you are for your knowledge and wisdom. Blessed you are.
And may the wind bless us all...

July 12, 2010, 06:50:07 AM
Reply #28

tlolaymen

• View Profile
Thanks! Thanks! The article is very Informative & Helpful.

September 09, 2010, 03:22:26 PM
Reply #29

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
I must chime in and say another thank you for words that spoke to my soul, and although there were parts of the article(particularly where you mentioned the love of god becoming more prominent than the love of your children)that scared me significantly, The simple and loving truth of the words allowed me to further assess my own ability to progress spiritually.

In humility and devotion to the best of my abilities I say again thank you for your time and work.
And how!