Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
216825 Posts in 15435 Topics by 19968 Members - Latest Member: - abu.sufiyan Most online today: 112 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Discussion Areas
| |-+  Magick
| | |-+  Ghost Hunters, Scariest Places On Earth,Ghost International, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ghost Hunters, Scariest Places On Earth,Ghost International, etc.  (Read 3129 times)
Enchantra
A Veritas Regular

Veritas' Witch

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:31 PM »

Do these people actually communicate and witness real spirits or is it just hollywood. B/c how you guys describe how spirits' behaviours are, the spirits in the show have the same characteristics. And if they are real spirits, then do you think they are the spirits they were looking to contact or demons  The Veritas Teethy!
ChezNips
Veritas Teacher
Teacher Emeritus
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

This post doesnt really belong in the magick section, more like other or spiritual.  I think that yes, these people believe they are in contact with spirits and you should note that there is a difference between spirits and demons.

And if they are real spirits, then do you think they are the spirits they were looking to contact or demons
  There are many different ways to ghost hunt and contact spirits and entities/demons.  Not even all hauntings have spirits but have a residual imprint of energy, one that is like a tape cassette that replays events and others have more intelligence behind it.  All questionably subjective to each group and their methodology.

some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.
IsApOs
Veritas Furniture

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »

People on these shows are either complete frauds, foolish dabblers or unfortunate mild-psychics. The frauds run little risk since they simply make easy money playing on the fascinations of the modern world. The dabblers and mild-psychics subject themselves to random influences and generally do not know what they are doing and place themselves in at least some amount of danger. I wrote an article on the dangers of mediumship over a year ago and further information on this can be found therein but suffice to say that nobody who truly knows what they are dealing with would glean a profit let alone a television show from it (I haven't seen the adventures of Veos on FOX yet).

Namaste
Trillis
Has a lot of posts
Posts By Osmosis

. . ::IAO:: . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »

Do these people actually communicate and witness real spirits 

No.

or is it just hollywood.

Yes.

Hech
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

I haven't seen the adventures of Veos on FOX yet.

That would make for an interesting show, educational, but would need good special affects.

Micky-P
Veritas Furniture

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 09:32:47 PM »

Its crap, like hot line physics you have to wade through an ocean bulls**t before you find somebody genuine. These guys are showboaters and thats exactly what the networks want, the point of the show is to be entertaining.

(insert something suggesting knowledge and wit)
Jesse9209
Veritas Furniture

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 05:55:16 AM »

I haven't seen the adventures of Veos on FOX yet.

That would make for an interesting show, educational, but would need good special affects.

I would deffinetly watch that show.

Kichara
Posts By Osmosis

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 06:34:08 AM »

No Hech, the point is it WOULDN'T need any special effects Tongue.

Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0
Hech
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »

Oh crap. *blinks* You're right, Kich.

Big Boss
Friggen Crazy
Posts By Osmosis

Owner of 100000 V-Points

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 11:51:47 AM »

The exact reason why Veos needs no special effects tongue

Now, about Ghost Hunters. Yes, it's a show meant for entertainment. I personally don't think all of it is fake, nor do I believe all of it is real. Some of their methods are well-established among other paranormal investigators. I don't have a lot of experience with "ghost hunting" but have had success in my small amount of practice basically going off what I learned on TV. That at least lends SOME credit to them, though only a fool would take it further than that.

Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/
Trillis
Has a lot of posts
Posts By Osmosis

. . ::IAO:: . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

Now, about Ghost Hunters. Yes, it's a show meant for entertainment. I personally don't think all of it is fake, nor do I believe all of it is real.

I concur actually. Now that I recall, one of them did do a good job in explaining the difference between a Ghost and a Spirit. Then again, I also saw an episode of some ghost hunting show that was something along the lines of a Man and the Woman who are having a failing marriage and some other issues, so he calls paranormal investigators because he keeps feeling angry. Some senseless logic are often infused with overactive imaginations that ultimately become exaggerated by the T.V shows producer and thus they have a new episode.

Big Boss
Friggen Crazy
Posts By Osmosis

Owner of 100000 V-Points

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:21 PM »

Now, about Ghost Hunters. Yes, it's a show meant for entertainment. I personally don't think all of it is fake, nor do I believe all of it is real.

I concur actually. Now that I recall, one of them did do a good job in explaining the difference between a Ghost and a Spirit. Then again, I also saw an episode of some ghost hunting show that was something along the lines of a Man and the Woman who are having a failing marriage and some other issues, so he calls paranormal investigators because he keeps feeling angry. Some senseless logic are often infused with overactive imaginations that ultimately become exaggerated by the T.V shows producer and thus they have a new episode.

I do remember a few times in over a few episodes where they to explain that sometimes occurences are "leftovers" from the living, so to speak. Usually it seems that they really try to refer to things as "paranormal activity" rather than ghosts or spirits. I remember another episode where one of the guys was pushed, and everyone consistently felt very negative feelings. The history of people's experiences in the home included many acts of violence and depression and such. They ended up having a priest bless the house they were investigating.

Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/
Entity
Veritas Furniture

: : A a U u M m : :

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »

TAPS, or "The Atlantic Paranormal Society, the group on Ghost Hunters is one of the few groups that go about it scientifically. All of the evidence they find on the show is evidence they have found which they cannot explain away and is not special effects. The first year of Ghost Hunters IMO was the best because recently they have added a lot of flashy stuff but still the evidence is real. Basically they go to the scene trying to disprove the haunting, then whatever is left over is considered "paranormal". I recommend watching it, it is one of my favorite shows and is well done. Peace

: : O m  N a m a h  S h i v a y a : :
Rugged

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »

i saw an episode where they were trying to help an old man get some proof on his psychic abilities.
They took a heat reading camera of somesort, and watched this guy while he was reading the bald guy on the show.
You could see this dudes aura flaring up, and then a tendril shoots out from the old mans aura, and enters the bald guys, and from then on it seemed like a genuine read.

Everyone knows, best way to fool someone, by acting the skeptic, because if its coming from a skeptic, then its obviously true.
solstice
Dreamwalker
Posts By Osmosis

"Receive and transmit..."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »

This post doesnt really belong in the magick section, more like other or spiritual.  I think that yes, these people believe they are in contact with spirits and you should note that there is a difference between spirits and demons.
Perhaps it will evolve into a relevant discussion... would hate to see someone tell you how to do your job.

Ghost Hunters seems totally unprofessional, so I find it hard to believe anything they do.

Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: