Author Topic: Pyro/cryo kinesis  (Read 15821 times)

March 09, 2004, 06:16:41 AM
Read 15821 times

Shadowmagic99

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I have been practicing cryokinesis for some time now, but for some reason i have not been able to control it. I can lower my own body temp., but that doesnt help me much because my natural tempurature is lower than normal anyway. If i try to make a room colder, i doesnt really work well, but when i try to do it before i go to sleep, i will wake up in the middle of the night because i will lower the temp. to about 50-60F while sleeping, even though my parents make me keep the heat on all day and all night right now (which is killing me, literally i cant stand it. anyone got a way to keep yourself colder for long periods of time? kinda like a shield that keeps you cold, anything?). agaion, the bad part is, its while im sleeping so its not really controlable. I also have tried pyrokinesis (before anyone say anything about working with both at the same time, i just do pyro when im board and cant train for very long, plus i have conditioned myself to resist both the heat and the cold) and i can slightly change the direction of the flame (e.g. bend it in a direction), but not much else. anyone got a GOOD, TESTED way that works for either of these two?
P.S. dont recommend PsiPog, i really dont like that website, plus i have read most everything there anyway.

April 19, 2006, 10:35:57 PM
Reply #1

Wonderer

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have been practicing cryokinesis for some time now, but for some reason i have not been able to control it. I can lower my own body temp., but that doesn't help me much because my natural temperature is lower than normal anyway. If i try to make a room colder, i doesn't really work well, but when i try to do it before i go to sleep, i will wake up in the middle of the night because i will lower the temp. to about 50-60F while sleeping, even though my parents make me keep the heat on all day and all night right now (which is killing me, literally i cant stand it. anyone got a way to keep yourself colder for long periods of time? kinda like a shield that keeps you cold, anything?). again, the bad part is, its while I'm sleeping so its not really controlable. I also have tried pyrokinesis (before anyone say anything about working with both at the same time, i just do pyro when I'm board and cant train for very long, plus i have conditioned myself to resist both the heat and the cold) and i can slightly change the direction of the flame (e.g. bend it in a direction), but not much else. anyone got a GOOD, TESTED way that works for either of these two?
P.S. don't recommend PsiPog, i really dont like that website, plus i have read most everything there anyway.
In All Honesty I didn't know i was practicing Cryo/Pyrokenisis when i was. Ive always been able to control my body temperature range (85-104, great for getting time off school). I've never been able to manipulate fire or heat outside of my body though, only internally. but cold is another story all together, I've actually been able to drop a glass of water to 45f an a 70f room, by focusing on chilling my index finger(turned a cute shade of blue(guessing frostbite but whatever))and sticking it into the glass. Also that chilling a room is possible (no to mention damned hard) but you need to be able to at least drop the temp of water before you try a large ventilated space. I almost always wear a sweatshirt no matter what the weather is (I'm in California so its pretty warm) because i constantly drop my temperature low and have slight trouble re-raising it.
I sorta stumbled over my ability by accident :/
Ive also observed that (with myself) whenever i feel rage or extreme hate my body temperature drops significantly, I'm not sure if that's a side effect or a hidden bonus.
I hope my little insight has helped you better understand CyroKenisis, just email me if you want more in depth (just rember that i didnt use the majority of listed methods mine came really naturally, though im bad at most of the other abilitys(excluding auras, and mild telepathy))
If i was president i would get elected on friday, assasanated on saturday, buried on sunday

i know some soldgers who sleep but dont dream, wake up in screams, sounds of m-16s

April 19, 2006, 11:30:12 PM
Reply #2

Wonderer

• Settling In

• View Profile
I have been practicing cryokinesis for some time now, but for some reason i have not been able to control it. I can lower my own body temp., but that doesnt help me much because my natural tempurature is lower than normal anyway. If i try to make a room colder, i doesnt really work well, but when i try to do it before i go to sleep, i will wake up in the middle of the night because i will lower the temp. to about 50-60F while sleeping, even though my parents make me keep the heat on all day and all night right now (which is killing me, literally i cant stand it. anyone got a way to keep yourself colder for long periods of time? kinda like a shield that keeps you cold, anything?). agaion, the bad part is, its while im sleeping so its not really controlable. I also have tried pyrokinesis (before anyone say anything about working with both at the same time, i just do pyro when im board and cant train for very long, plus i have conditioned myself to resist both the heat and the cold) and i can slightly change the direction of the flame (e.g. bend it in a direction), but not much else. anyone got a GOOD, TESTED way that works for either of these two?
P.S. dont recommend PsiPog, i really dont like that website, plus i have read most everything there anyway.
reading over you post a 2nd time i have a suggestion. you shouldnt lower your tempature before sleep because when your asleep you cant focus your energy and will either a. silp continusly colder and develop hypothermia(bad, ive done it a few times and my little toe is messed up because of frostbite, DURING THE SUMMER, i learned my lession), or b.return to normal temp when you reach unconsiouness. maintaining cold is like ...being calm, like a purified relax wheren you let heat leave your body, you should keep it in mind but not completely, for instance (im easially bored) and i also lack focus, (maybe thats why i suck at pyro) but with cryo is the art of letting the heat leave your body, or focusing on getting rid of heat in a limb or didgit(how i chilled water). ive learnd that i need a sota mediem(finger) when transering cold.
Just rember play it safe, dont go past 75 full body, thats just dangerous, keep a normal body tempature, you still have organs and heat/cold sensitive bactera living in/on you that are benificial, and you dont want to kill them all at once. focus the cold on one area(fun parlor trick), and then move it from the area to your target.
REMBER KEEP A STEADY BODY TEMPATURE I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

Note: if you use my stratagy of the finger transfer, you may(and probally will) develop mild frostbite, once your finger gets dark blue your still fine, but when it develops red spots STOP IMMEADATLY, the red spots show a beggining nerve damage(not a goal). This is just a disclamer for all of you people who go over the edge, and rember cyrokenisis comes naturally to me, dont be surprised if you cant do this, AND DONT OVER DO IT
Note: ive left alot out mainly because its 30 min to midnight, oh and and DONT OVER DO IT
If i was president i would get elected on friday, assasanated on saturday, buried on sunday

i know some soldgers who sleep but dont dream, wake up in screams, sounds of m-16s

April 20, 2006, 10:54:06 AM
Reply #3

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It sounds as if you're aiming your goals a bit too high and you want to get things done without a whole bunch of effort...that might just be me though :P. The best advice anyone can give you is to sit and meditate on it. I think prophecy wrote a whole PDF document about the elements and such that teaches you how to mess around with cryokinesis and pyrokinesis. So if you're not willing to read off of psipog, which, that article is somewhat helpful AND well tested, you can go ahead and read the pdf document located somewhere here. It suggests a bunch of practice, just for a heads-up. I think most methods are well tested if a person is willing to practice for them. Soo...research and practice is what my rambling tells you to do.

~Nazukarr
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:02:12 AM by Nazukarr »
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

April 20, 2006, 03:55:53 PM
Reply #4

Wonderer

• Settling In

• View Profile
It sounds as if you're aiming your goals a bit too high and you want to get things done without a whole bunch of effort...that might just be me though :P. The best advice anyone can give you is to sit and meditate on it. I think prophecy wrote a whole PDF document about the elements and such that teaches you how to mess around with cryokinesis and pyrokinesis. So if you're not willing to read off of psipog, which, that article is somewhat helpful AND well tested, you can go ahead and read the pdf document located somewhere here. It suggests a bunch of practice, just for a heads-up. I think most methods are well tested if a person is willing to practice for them. Soo...research and practice is what my rambling tells you to do.

~Nazukarr
ya you are right, cryo isnt somthing your gonna get in a week, or a year for that matter. ive been practicing for like 7 years not knowing what i was doing actually was telekenitic. oh ya and DONT OVER DO IT, it is dangerous as ive stressed before. cryo wont be instantanious, you have to work with it for a long time.

just message me if you are detirmined, and ill give you some tips.

April 21, 2006, 06:37:52 AM
Reply #5

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile

It's actually a natural reaction for body temp to drop while sleeping. The best suggestion for such things, use more blankets if you are too cold.

As for training in 'pyrokinesis' at the same time as 'cryokinesis' it makes no difference. As all of these things are in relation to psychokinesis, the object of focus is really the only change, the method of manipulating either is relatively the same. In my experience though, between the choice of manipulating cold things or hot things, I suggest starting with hot things. It's usually easier to see a change when you are, for example, putting out a flame, rather than cooling down a glass of water. Each can have equally good results I just find the former takes less to determine actual change.

And, as said, start small. You can't expect to be able to make a noticeable change in full room temperature unless you are capable of doing it on a small scale as well. Technically speaking you should be equally capable of both, but it's easier to figure out a good method to go about it when working on a small scale before jumping directly into something that wont necessarily show much result, even if you are effecting it.

and just a little note on this comment from Wonderer
Ive always been able to control my body temperature range (85-104, great for getting time off school).

If your body temperature drops to around 91 degrees F, you are likely to fall unconscious, continuing down that scale at about 86 degrees, your body loses the ability to regulate it's own temp, at 82 degrees you will experience muscle failure. If you are capable of dropping your physical body temperature, I should recommend being very careful, as internal temperatures are only safe on a very small range.

The sever nerve damage in your finger must be pretty extensive if it is infact turning dark blue when you preform your 'technique'. That's probably not a safe idea either ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 06:40:18 AM by Forg »
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

April 21, 2006, 07:30:30 AM
Reply #6

Wonderer

• Settling In

• View Profile

and just a little note on this comment from Wonderer
Ive always been able to control my body temperature range (85-104, great for getting time off school).

If your body temperature drops to around 91 degrees F, you are likely to fall unconscious, continuing down that scale at about 86 degrees, your body loses the ability to regulate it's own temp, at 82 degrees you will experience muscle failure. If you are capable of dropping your physical body temperature, I should recommend being very careful, as internal temperatures are only safe on a very small range.

The sever nerve damage in your finger must be pretty extensive if it is infact turning dark blue when you preform your 'technique'. That's probably not a safe idea either ;)

lol im  well aware of that, thats why its 85 so im in the save zone, i also mentioned in another post not to over do it.

and about the iced fingers, i have gone to the hospital during summer for frostbite when i have overdone it :) it wasnt very fun  :biggrin:. my chief concern is people overdoing it to the point of danger, ive been doing it for a while and i know my limit, but other people might think that im trying to cousion them. so rember everyone, dont over do it

April 21, 2006, 09:26:57 AM
Reply #7

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Does the 'save zone' make a difference if you are unconcious?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:32:15 AM by Forg »
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

April 21, 2006, 10:50:28 AM
Reply #8

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
*laughs* I actually did miss that...thanks Qrisis.

April 21, 2006, 01:10:46 PM
Reply #9

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
I'm just curious, how much of lowering your body temperature would you consider a physical phenomenon, and how much would you consider a psychic a phenomenon?  It would seem to me, that you are performing cryokinesis by lowering your own body temperature, rather than applying the principles of psi to alter the temperature of any given object.  Where do you draw the lines in your mind that allow these things to happen?  And moreover, I would like to know with as much detail as possible, just what you do to alter your body temperature.  Perhaps, the thoughts you think, the sensations you feel in your body, the application of perception to various places in your body, the intention of your mind at the time.  I'm curious.

April 21, 2006, 01:16:39 PM
Reply #10

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
by the way i was just wondering if yall had realized shadowmagic99 made that post on March 9th 2004 right? and he hasnt been on since Dec 27th 2005.

I hope he comes back.  He actually spelled "cryo" right.  That's a rarety.  :)

It would seem to me, that you are performing cryokinesis by lowering your own body temperature, rather than applying the principles of psi to alter the temperature of any given object.

If one really wanted to practice such a thing, it would probably be wiser to practice on something external like a thermometer in a glass of water that has been left sit for a few hours.  That ensures that one is not instead learning a conventional internal biofeedback process.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

April 21, 2006, 01:22:09 PM
Reply #11

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
Kobok, right on, which was the point of my questioning.  I'm not really sure how much of what these people are describing is actually psi.  However... I am still curious about how one goes about altering his own body temperature so drastically.

April 21, 2006, 03:09:57 PM
Reply #12

Wonderer

• Settling In

• View Profile
Kobok, right on, which was the point of my questioning.  I'm not really sure how much of what these people are describing is actually psi.  However... I am still curious about how one goes about altering his own body temperature so drastically.
depends on how you catoragorize psi, i personally use my hands as a medium to alter my environment, some people can directly focus on the water to freeze it, but focus into my finger and from my finger into the water, therefore (in my opinion) i believe i am using psi.

Note: ive been able to do the water freeze via finger for years not knowing about all this other stuff so i am a bit overwhelmed here. ive never read up on these theorys(/facts) before, so im not completely knowledgeable in my process because it comes naturally to me.

April 25, 2006, 08:24:42 AM
Reply #13

Zankuro

• Veritas Furniture

• Trasholin Can Fu Master

• Personal Text
    "DD APPR0VED! A-OKAYH"
    • View Profile
Think he got banned again.
If your heart is large enough to envelop your adversaries, you can see right through them and avoid their attacks. And once you envelop them, you will be able to guide them along the path indicated to you by heaven and earth.
~Morihei Ueshiba

April 26, 2006, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #14

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
How the hell does he manage to get Banned. How many times has it been now?

We delete most of what people get banned for, so most of the community is usually spared from experiencing the reasons, unless you happen to stumble across it before any staff member gets to it.  And if we have to delete a huge amount from one person who refuses to obey the rules, then it's better just to ban for a while.

And anyone who genuinely wants to know why someone was banned can ask any staff member in private, and we'll try to explain the general reasons.  We keep records so that each staff member should know the basic reasons for moderator actions like that.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 02:24:08 AM by kobok »
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.