Author Topic: recommendations please  (Read 2983 times)

June 28, 2004, 11:18:04 PM
Read 2983 times

TyPhoon

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Hi im new here. nice to meet you all. i wanted to ask... is there a certain class i can take that will improve my eyesight or maybe even read words from long distances(not that im blind), im just curious.

July 21, 2004, 12:20:01 AM
Reply #1

raidens_shock

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Im new here also and i dont know alot about the site and i could use some help.

October 15, 2004, 09:38:03 AM
Reply #2

Myrmidon

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    • View Profile
Well welcome to the Veritas communtiy to the both of you. My advice is read the articles first, and just begin browsing the boards.  Read the articles first because they may contain some of the answers you seek. Otherwise, be willing to post your questions on the approriate board. By the way, what are the two of you interested in?

I'm not sure of any classes that can improve eyesight, but I can give you a two techniques my father taught me. It will strain your eyes, so don't do it too often. The techniques are focused at working out the muscles in your iris and the muscles that contract and expand the lenses in your eyes. One technique focuses on close objects, and the other on distant objects.  Also, a general note to help keep your vision sharp focus on one object, instead of letting of vision be unfocused.

For the first technique you will need a book with fine print, about a font size of 12 or lower. Take the book and focus on a word, the length of the word is not of importance. The focus is important. Set the book about arms length away from you, and begin bringing it towards you. While doing so only focus your vision on the word you chose. Once the book is close enough that the word is out of focus, which usually occurs under an inch from the nose, then slowly move the book back to arms length. The whole cyclic process should be done at a slow pace. Once your eyes begin to hurt stop immediately, because you are putting a great strain on yours eyes that they're not used to. I'd say just do it only once a day, but that's up to you. The reason being I'm unsure of the consequences of overdoing this technique.

The second technique is merely focusing on a distant object, and trying to figure out its details. Like you good look a distant tree and see the individual leaves.

Hope this helps the two of you out. Also, it should be noted that this will not work with everyone, it depends on the individual's lens. By this, I mean it will help everyone focuses their eyes better but  improvements in near-sighted and far-sighted eyes will be limited becuase of the placement of the lens in the eye. If your about 20/20 right now, it can help get you to 20/15 or 20/10.
iis quidem, qui secundum patientiam boni operis, gloriam, et honorem, et incorruptionem quærunt, vitam æternam

Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam