Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 572044 times)

June 10, 2013, 09:11:57 PM
Reply #615

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I just stumbled across Franz Bardon when I was concentrating on studying Crowleys work and Initiation into Hermetics seems like the perfect practical guide for the Great Work so I'm definitely gonna start following it.

Is it really possible to become a magician or a fully enlightened person outside of a magical order of some kind?

No, you need the magical order, except it's not a magical order of men, but a magical order of spirits who call you to be intiated if it's in you to be intiated when you start parcticing the mental exercises from IIH

June 11, 2013, 06:03:11 AM
Reply #616

Major Hermann

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi I just found this forum which looks really sweat, full of Bardonist's  :)

I come from the art of psionics, natural gift in remote influencing which is fun to practice on people and animals everyday,
like giving women energetic orgasms or sending people thought transmission
 something worth getting out of bed for :D 

Iv been trying to find a steady system though to raise my energy and Bardon seems to call out to me more,
 its like his spirit is with me everytime i open his book

Here is also a brother Bardonist of ours that likes to bend the elements to put animals to sleep easily within 10mins
 i find this really cool to practice and make the uninitiated and unbelievers think twice about our practices   

original videos of Kanzawa Sensei in youtube but none are in english... still fun to watch 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5uSRgWWRnJ8

heres average guy bending the magnetic fluid doing the same as the Sensei
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gloqD5kODQE

September 02, 2013, 02:53:06 AM
Reply #617

nil

• View Profile
I have just started recently and practicing everyday.

So far, the stopping my mind from shouting at me and talking during observation is the hardest part.

October 24, 2013, 09:16:56 PM
Reply #618

hecate8

• Settling In

• View Profile
Struggling along with it. It has vastly helped my ability to visualize.
Cops can't win the war on drugs. Legalize now!

December 04, 2013, 10:14:14 PM
Reply #619

Bugs

• Settling In

• View Profile
I don't know why... but I'm in love with IIH  :rolleyes:

January 05, 2014, 07:35:48 PM
Reply #620

Shamati

• View Profile
I've now been initiated into an order and I do believe that very few people are able to reach instant enlightenment without the input from other human beings sharing their experiences and input of similar obstacles and processes which occur to people.
I also believe that there's also something special that happens when there's a group of people (minimum 3) doing rituals or sharing knowledge or meditating / doing hatha yoga that is impossible to be replaced by the internet. Although I'm sure there are those that reach the end goal of mystical union without the assistance of a group or a master but that for the vast majority a group or a spiritual master is very helpful..

I just wished there was a hermetical magical order that was built around the system of Franz Bardon.

January 07, 2014, 12:45:01 AM
Reply #621

Neeros

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Shaolin Mage
    • View Profile
    • Shaolin Wahnam
I've now been initiated into an order and I do believe that very few people are able to reach instant enlightenment without the input from other human beings sharing their experiences and input of similar obstacles and processes which occur to people.
I also believe that there's also something special that happens when there's a group of people (minimum 3) doing rituals or sharing knowledge or meditating / doing hatha yoga that is impossible to be replaced by the internet. Although I'm sure there are those that reach the end goal of mystical union without the assistance of a group or a master but that for the vast majority a group or a spiritual master is very helpful..

I just wished there was a hermetical magical order that was built around the system of Franz Bardon.

From what I experienced back when I did the probationer class, there is, at least somewhat. The Divine Science, Prophecy, and Veos' order. They are online AND have a temple if you are willing to make the journey.
The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

[18:22] <Rayn> That makes it worst. If the people can't practically apply and create effects, it is not so good.
[18:22] <metalforever_> okay, and who in the oec can do that? i would say very very few
[18:22] <metalforever_> their too busy fondling their psiballs

May 30, 2014, 12:01:34 PM
Reply #622

Messiaen

• Settling In

• View Profile

From what I experienced back when I did the probationer class, there is, at least somewhat. The Divine Science, Prophecy, and Veos' order. They are online AND have a temple if you are willing to make the journey.

I really think that going your own way is better, but still, yes. A really interesting thing.

July 12, 2014, 03:23:47 PM
Reply #623

The Alchemical Man

• View Profile
I am currently in the first week of step one. All is well so far, will be updating as I go.

October 09, 2014, 07:35:46 AM
Reply #624

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile

As much as I would recommend TDS to Bardon-lovers, it should be understood that TDS only has some IIH practices because the two traditions are related. The similarities are apparent in the Probationer class, but afterwards, less and less so. The only practice that is exactly the same as IIH is the Soul Mirrors, because they are great. Everything else is taught somewhat differently, including basic meditation (we do not jump right in to Thought Control). Practices with certain forces only appear similar because both systems have a Hermetic paradigm. I do not want people coming to TDS only to be disappointed because it is not Bardon.

But anyone who isn't too attached to IIH and just likes the general flavor of Bardon shouldn't be discouraged.

Just thought I'd clarify.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

October 11, 2014, 04:36:20 AM
Reply #625

Explorer

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
hello i have a question regarding step 3 though i am on step 1 right now
bardon says in step 3 to develop imagination so vivid that it should be as a real object ...

is it really necessary ? isn't it too dangerous  if the imagination is as real as Reality then it could very easily lead to schizophrenia and other hallucinatory mental diseases .. especially when he says that when visualizing every thing else should disappear and only the visualized image should remain as if it were a real object..

the problem could be far greater in auditory exercise .. those who have completed step 3 how do you manage it ? say when a random daydream occurs or when you are not fully conscious and attentive

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:47:53 AM by qwert »

October 11, 2014, 05:03:25 AM
Reply #626

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
If you do step I and II as you should then step III is completely safe, plus the plastic visualization is important for later steps.

October 13, 2014, 09:41:25 AM
Reply #627

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
hello i have a question regarding step 3 though i am on step 1 right now
bardon says in step 3 to develop imagination so vivid that it should be as a real object ...

is it really necessary ? isn't it too dangerous  if the imagination is as real as Reality then it could very easily lead to schizophrenia and other hallucinatory mental diseases .. especially when he says that when visualizing every thing else should disappear and only the visualized image should remain as if it were a real object..

the problem could be far greater in auditory exercise .. those who have completed step 3 how do you manage it ? say when a random daydream occurs or when you are not fully conscious and attentive

It is potentially dangerous, and that's why learning this stuff can easily become a double-edged sword. Many paradigms develop skills that could make it difficult to differentiate imagination from reality, which is why some results should always be achieved in the physical and under such blatant circumstances where they do not require interpretation of any sort; there are always going to be other results that are hard to distinguish, but a practitioner should always strive for at least some results that are so blatantly real that they answer the question of whether it is magic or not.

The third step is a very strong skill in metaphysics, to the point where there are quite a few people who think it is pretty much mandatory across all paradigms (though it's actually not universal, the ability to "focus your thoughts down to only the thing that you wish to achieve and then project that out into the world around you" is a widely used skill). However, as Akenu said, the first two exercises help with controlling the normally uncontrolled background processes that would cause the dangerous situation. And that's why you don't skip ahead in the practices ;) Also, even after you've started the third one, or the fourth one, or the umpteenth one (... umpteenth is a valid word? There's no red underline saying it's spelt wrong? o_O), keep doing the first and second as well.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

October 14, 2014, 05:30:17 AM
Reply #628

Explorer

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
thank you steve sir  and akenu sir

it was a typo , its not in step 3 , the exercise is in step 2 itself

thing is we all hallucinate all the time .. but because our hallucinations arent as vivid as reality itself we all don't become schizophrenic ..

nikolas tesla had  super highly vivid imagination and he used to do most of his experiments in his mind itself rather than with realife machines but even he was troubled and haunted by these imaginations a lot..

while searching about it i found out rawn clark explanation about it which gives more clarity and safety ...
 ( i dont think this explanation was in his commentary )

www.abardoncompanion.de/Plastic.html

thanks i do have 1 more question regarding building that initial unshakeable faith and shuting up the conscious skeptic mind ..
the objective results from iih arent expected before step 5 which takes around 2-3 years to complete step 5 as per veos time guidelines ..

is there any other way to convince oneself of objective practical results .. through experience  a bit quicker ?

psiwheels are easily affected by wind and is difficullt for a beginner to perform under glass bowl without enough training

astral travel and obe are dangerous itself without prior training as laid down by bardon

energy work is subjective as well

any other way apart from videos and scientific studies just to get that confidence  and end the doubt ?

sorry for asking noobish questions

thank you so much for taking time to reply to my queries  :)

December 02, 2014, 11:29:48 AM
Reply #629

turbostrat9

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi, stupid question, but can I get some clarification as to timelines? Rawn Clark seems very optimistic that the first step should only take about 6 weeks. Veos says 4X that. I have a lot of respect for Rawn, but is he being overly optimistic?