Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 572239 times)

August 13, 2012, 09:37:42 PM
Reply #570

charles2010

• Settling In

• View Profile
hi, everyone. I want to ask you again :
in IIH step V Physical Training (levitation). Bardon teaches us how to levitate. I think it is the key to Body Light Skill Techinique (Qing Gong). What do you think ?

and I want to thank you to everyone who answered my previous questions.

August 14, 2012, 09:11:53 AM
Reply #571

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
What does the "Body Light Skill Technique" do? I am unfamiliar with that name.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

August 14, 2012, 04:07:49 PM
Reply #572

Neeros

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Shaolin Mage
    • View Profile
    • Shaolin Wahnam
What does the "Body Light Skill Technique" do? I am unfamiliar with that name.

Taken from a Q&A On the Shaolin Wahnam website:

You mentioned in your book, “The Art of Chi Kung”, a method of training to enable the exponent to jump very high. This sounds like an incredible skill, which would be very helpful when facing a large opponent.

— Christian, USA

Answer

I believe qinggong (or “hangkung” in Cantonese pronunciation), which means the art of lightness, was real. Qinggong enables the practitioner to jump very high and run very fast. My master, Sifu Ho Fatt Nam, told me the following story which happened to him.

When he was young, he trained with an old master, whose name he did not mention. Every morning the old master and my sifu would enter a forest and run around a circle of marked trees. They started together, but the old master would soon be ahead and then disappear. Next, the old master, having completed the circle, would come up from behind, overtake my sifu, and hit him as he passed, shouting “Hi, young man, why are you so slow?”. This happened everyday for months.

One day, annoyed that he had been constantly hit, my sifu refused to train further. “You said you would teach me kungfu, but all you do is to hit me everyday,” my sifu complained. “Yes, I'm teaching you kungfu, and very good kungfu indeed,” the old master replied.

My sifu explained to me that due to his ignorance then, his idea of kungfu was just kungfu forms, which is what most people today conceptualize too. So that morning he refused to run with the old master in the forest. The old master asked him again, and again, and my sifu also noticed his simu, the wife of the old master, silently indicated to him from behind that he should continue his training. But my sifu refused.

“Right, follow me and I'll show you what kungfu I am teaching you.” The old master, with his long pipe in his hand, led my sifu to the back of the house. The surrounding wall was about ten feet high, lined with pieces of glass on top to deter thieves climbing over. The old master tugged the end of his long robe under his waist slash.

“Now, don't blink you eyes,” the old man said. He lowered his shoulders and in the next instant he was up in the air, did a somersault above the wall, scraped some pieces of glass away with his pipe, and landed elegantly on one foot on the wall above in the pattern “Golden Cockerel Stands Solitarily.” Then the old master jumped down from the wall and landed on the ground without a sound.

My sifu suddenly realized that the old master had been teaching him qinggong. He quickly knelt down and asked for forgiveness for his rudeness, begging the old master to continue teaching him. But the old master rejected, believing in an old tradition that if a student refused after being given three chances, he was not destined to learn the art.

Pitying my sifu, his simu taught him a kungfu set called “Seven Stars”, which was excellent for a small sized person against a big sized opponent. It was when my sifu taught me this kungfu set, that he told me this story.

Qinggong has many other benefits besides fighting a large opponent. On the other hand, there are many other ways, which are much easier to learn than qinggong, to fight large opponents. All kungfu styles incorporate some of these ways, and some kungfu styles, like Taijiquan, Wing Choon Kungfu and Monkey Style, are particularly noted for this aspect.

The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

[18:22] <Rayn> That makes it worst. If the people can't practically apply and create effects, it is not so good.
[18:22] <metalforever_> okay, and who in the oec can do that? i would say very very few
[18:22] <metalforever_> their too busy fondling their psiballs

August 22, 2012, 09:03:02 PM
Reply #573

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
hi, everyone. I want to ask you again :
in IIH step V Physical Training (levitation). Bardon teaches us how to levitate. I think it is the key to Body Light Skill Techinique (Qing Gong). What do you think ?

and I want to thank you to everyone who answered my previous questions.

He doesn't teach levitation, he says if you want to devote yourself entirely to the mastering of the air principle, that you could theoritaclly learn to levitate. What he really says in that chapter, is that the the true magician wants an overall mastery of heremetics and wouldn't watse his/her time learning just to levitate.

If you want to learn to levitate, you have to eradicate all your negative emotions, that you personally have on the mental and astral plane of your being in regards to the "air element". If you can do that, then you would be able to fly through the air, simply by pore breathing the air element into yourself,  until the pressure builds up inside yourself, then like a balloon, you would float on the air.  You could command yourself to fly through the air, walk on the water, stop the wind, create a hurricane, stop a hurricane, master any musical instrument, hypnotize people with your speech, speak any foreign language(?), ,
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:18:04 PM by Melchizedek »

August 22, 2012, 11:00:54 PM
Reply #574

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Step 1- Thought Control Exercises- Practice the first 3 exercsies, until you feel a power emanating from your solar plexus area. When you've achieved this you'll have achieved the purpose of the thoguht control exercises.

On the recording of the positive/negative characteristics. Meditate on your positive/negative characrteristics and see how they emanate from each of the four particular elements(fire, air, water, earth). Read it over often and contemplate and see and experience how your behaviour traits are directly related to too much of anyone particular element. When you've done this, you've developed the basis for your entire journey to mastery of the 4 elements, which is the objective of the entire book

On pore breathing, sit and feel your body brething in life force, through your skin. At first you'll struggle too much, using a brush on the skin will help compensate for your lack of proper understanding, until you get the feel of the exercise.

On casting vital energy into water, your food, etc. Visualize your mind calling forth energy from out of the ether, impgrenate this visualzied energy with your desire and direct into the food, water with your imagination. Even if your a beginner, you'll taste the difference in your food or water, when you drink it or place it on your face

August 22, 2012, 11:19:22 PM
Reply #575

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Step 2- Controlling the sub-conscious- This is the same thing as the the thought control exercise, when you've mastered it, you'll feel a power emanating from your solar plexus area. The best way to do it, is to use the left hand for ten's and the right hand for single digits. Look ahead in your mind's eye and repeat aloud your formula for change. Make mental note of if and when you get distracted, but continue on to 40 times anyhow.

The 5 senses exrecises are the same thing. After you've visualized or done the auditory exrecise corretcly, you'll feel a power emanating from your solar plexus area and you'll experience your visualzied intent as if it' really real, in front of your mental vision. If you get distracted while doing it, continue on for 5 minutes and make a mental note of it.

Do the same for each of the exercises brushing aside mentally any distractions from any of the other senses. For instance, whne doing the auditory exercise, it's common fro the visual aspect of it to pop up in your mind. Even if you get distracted by it, just make a mental note of it and bring your mind back to the exercise for 5 minutes.

Keep a clock in your view so you can glance at it to see how long you've progressed. You'll find on all these mental exercises, if you go for more than 3 minutes, a power will begin emanating from your solar plexus area. This power is the exact same on all the mental exercises, throughout the entire book just accesssing it from a different mental viewpoint.

On transmuting the elements, it's a good idea to make a split screen in your mind, the positive characteristic on one side and the negtaive on the other. In this way you'll literally feel and experience the negative chnage into the positive, as you will it to chnage from the negative to the positive. Even if you do it for just a little while, you will feel your behaviour change, with no effort on your part. Your changing your ingrained behaviour at the root core of where it was created, the element itself.

On the Asana position, it does make a difference in how effective the exercises work. I say from my experience that you do acquire occult powers from just sitting in it. This is probaly why it makes all the exercises more effective, when you sit in it and do the exercises. By sitting in it, I think you open up a doorway to the proper way to do all the mental exercises. This is just my opinion, but it gives everything a definite boost.

On going to sleep with the purest thoughts, I never do this, so I can't comment on it.

August 23, 2012, 08:44:35 PM
Reply #576

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I do not know if the levitation is the same as the Body Light Skill, but I do not feel like it is the same.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

August 25, 2012, 01:59:07 PM
Reply #577

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Step 3- Here you are combinig the 3 senses together at one time. I found that this was a bit tricky, because in the previous step I found ti very diffucult to focus on just one sense at a time. I found that if I focused on the auditory sound, such as ocean waves, I couldn't help but make a picture of ocean waves as I listened to the sound of them.

Here your combining the 3 senses at once, so I would visualize a Lamborghini in my mind, hear the roar of the engine and then experience the feeling of standing next to at, all at the same time. I would visualize a pile of money, hear the sound of the bills thimbing them through my hands as I experienced the feeling of having so much mney in front of me.

I found that once again, if I made it to 2-3 minutes with brushing away distracting thoughts that a power would begin emanating from my solar plexus area. Make it 5 minutes and this power became intense, Make it 10 minutes and I was out of my mind with a lust for power. This is what it felt like, a seething energy of magic getting stronger.

I then would think of landscapes, the great wall of china, downtown london, hawaii, exotic locations, a vineyard in Italy. Combining the 3 senses, all at once, while watching the clock from the corner of my eye to see how long I could make it. Make it 2-3 minutes and you begin to bring forth this magic power.

I tried North Korea , to visualzie it and it was almost as if there existed an energy field in theether that prevented me from doing it. Same with Muslim countries like Iran, very, very diffucult to do, resistance in the etheric plane. Almost as if you could travel there and spy on them, like remote viewing.

If you practice this step, you will realize that you are developing remote viewing powers, because it will feel as if you are transported to the location and that you can see what's going on there. Basically, because that's exactly waht you are doing.

I found doing the 3 senses on animals worked great. Do  a cat, if you go for more than 5 minutes, you literally become the cat and you can feel what it's like to be one. A squirrel, a sheep, etc. etc.

I found that doing people made me uneasy, I invented people to visualize. You will start to realize that you could control the minds of people, by doing this exercise. So I visualized Chinese people, Black people, etc., etc.

I woould work with this until you feel as if you are the thing that you are concentrating on. It will happen if you stick with the exercise.

On the beginning of the inhaling of the elements, I found that sitting in the Asana position, like he says in the book is a must. It makes a huge difference in the mastery of the exercise. It just isn't that effective if your lying down or slouching.

On the fire element, sitting in the Asana position, I would begin visualzing fire all around me. Doing this I could feel an almost grainy feeling entering my body as I do the pore breathing. I found that by visualzing myself inhaling the fire element, it worked perfect and it became real. You will experience heat and you will begin to get warm

Did 7 breathes in, then 7 out. Then 8 in, 8 out.

On this I was a bit uneasy and find that I would only retain the fire element inside myself for a second or 2. I know that this is wrong.
I figure you should be able to hold it in yourself for a minute or 2, with no stress or uneasyness

When I first started this exercise I en through all the elements, did it for a half hour or so and it was too much. Ii thought that I was going to die. Too much stress/anxiety and it wouldn't go away for hours.

So I would reccommend not over doing it.

Whne you continue practicing the fire element, it's almost like your in some place of damnation. It becomes more and more vivid, the fire. You surround yourself with it and by stikcing with it for more than 3 minutes, you begin to build up this magic power coming from out of your solar plexus area.

The air element is like a swirling mass of I don't know, helium or something because you will feel lighter when you start to visualize being surrounded by it.

I would do 7 breathes in, 7 out. Once again only retaining it inside myself for a second or 2. Still, it worked and doing it for more than 3 minutes built up power from the solar plexus area.

The water element has this damp, sticky feel to it.

There's a weird feeling from all the elements when you pore breathe them. It's almost like doing a drug of some type.

Going through all of them, the inhaling in and out gives you a supremely powerful feeling of being a magician. Like there's nothing that you can't do.

You definitely have to work your way up through this exercise, because unlike the previous mental exercises, if you do too much of it too soon, it will bring about the beginnings of a nervous tension and feeling of being overwhelmed.

Almost like you want to kill yourself.  This is what I felt like doing whne I first did the exercise and did it too much, too soon.

I believe that this is either a test or a warning from the brotherhood of light about progressing too soon too quickly and that you have to be deemed worthy to get past this exercise.

I havn;t really done the earth element too much, because I get distracted so badly by the first 3, that I lose interest in going through all 4 in one sitting.

The earth element does have a heavy feel to it, like being surrounded/buried in dirt and there is a sweet magic to it, to the feel of the earth element.

Accumamlation of vital energy. The entire body is easy to do. The indiviual parts  require more concentration, such as drawing the energy into your right foot and then sending it out with your imagination for 20 miles.

You definitely want to sit in the Asana position for this exercise.

I found that in drawing the vital energy into the indivual body parts and internal organs, with the organs you can send the energy out across the earth and feel a radiating power emnataing from the organ. With the body parts, such as the hand, foot it's not as powerful.

So I would do 7 breathes of vital energy, directly from the Universe into my left foot, retain it there and then with my mind send it out as far as I could. Uusally visaulizing an ability to do it of about 10-20 miles. Then go to the right foot and do the same.Then I work my way up to the legs, midsection, interanl organs, hands, etc., etc.

The one complaint I have about the book, is that they don't supply an anatomy chart so that you can know of all the internal organs to bring the energy into.

I've been doing this for several years and there are intrenal organs I havn't even drawn one bit of the elements or vital energy into.

On drawing the vital energy into a room for charging it for specific purposes. Sitting in the Asana position, makes this more powerful and the energy you call forth more effective. This is what I have found anyway.

You need to compress the energy and make it compact as you charge the room. So you visualize calling forth the vital energy from the  Universe with your imagnation and fill the room with it, add the desire you want to impregnate it with as you do this and the  compress it and mentally command it to stay in the room.

I found that this works exactly as he says in the book. He talks about healing people with the vital energy. I've tried to heal myself from various things, but it mostly is happening on a mental level, not on the physical like he talks about in the book.

As far as healing someone from a serious illness, I guess maybe you could draw the energy from the Universe, compact it with your desire and then  send it into the person.

I've done this on myself and I can feel the energy entering me, but I havn't wokred with it enough to say I can heal people.

August 26, 2012, 07:04:49 AM
Reply #578

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Step 4-This is where you really take a quantum leap from experiencing those things that your mentally concentrating on and actually becoming a part of them.

In the first part of this step he talks about finding the center of the thing that you are visualizing and concentrating on and then projecting yourself into the center of it. I found that this works amazingly well.

Take a picture hanging on your wall. You look at the picture, memorize what it looks like and then use your visual, auditory and kinestitic abilites and make a real live duplicate of it in your mind. As you do this you direct your consciousness to the center of the picture and then actually mentally project your entire consciousness into this center.

Ii find that when I do this, I become the painting. Then I concentrate on this center and make my prescence, within the picture even more powerful, so that I can look out of the painting and see myself sitting acrosss from it, from inside the picture.

This is amazing remote viewing powers that you are developing here. I can even change what the pciture represents, by imparting a desire through my will, into my consciousness as I am sitting within the center of the picture.

Looking at myself from the center of the picture on the wall, is like looking through some type of concave lense. I see a small picture of myself, through the center of the picture as I'm sitting across from it.

To do this step you only ned to refine your ability to make it 3-5 minutes combining the 3 main senses of sight, sound and feeling. Ffor something like a picture you can just do the sight and feeling. Once you've done this, you bring your attention to the center of the picture and simply by focusing on the center you literally project your entire being into this center point.

Listen you will really become the thing that you are projecting into. The more you shrink your prescence inside this center, until as he says in the book your the size of an atom, the more powerfull you will exepreince this mental exercise.

This is what I have found from doing it

He talks about animals and it's the same thing. Try doing a cat, going through the 3 senses, project your consciousnes into the center point of the cat and you will become the cat. You will experience what it's like to be a cat.

You will see out of it's eyes, you wil move in the body of a cat, you will look at all your surroundsings from the viewpoint of the cat.

I found that whne you make it saeveral minutes doing this, you literally project yourself from your mental body to the mnetal body of the cat.

I found that doing this on myself, you can change negative beliefs

Find your center, then inside that samll point of your center project the new thinking patterns that you desire inside yourself. It works. With practice you could infleunce the thinking of yourself or anyone for that matter, even from 1,000's of miles away.

You only have to concentrate on the three senses representing the person that your thinking of and then find his/her center, whcih is done by bringing your attention to finding the center and you will become that person.

You will know all that they are thinking, you will know all that they have done. Using a magic mirror you can look into the future through the Akasah principle and see all that the future will hold for them.

The 2 methods for element accumalation. I found that doing both gives a more stronger power f romn doing the exercise.

Definitely need to sit in the Asana position in doing both methods. You don't need to consciously try to breathe with your body.

It's all done with the imagination. If you make your imagination the main force in doing pore breathing, you will be given the effortless way to correctly do it.

In the first method, sitting in the Asana position, for the fire element, imagine yourself surrounded by fire, Fire everywhere, imagine the whole world is nothing but fire, until you are expereincing actually sitting in a world of fire. There is nothing else for you, but endless fire in various shapes and sizes, orange/red, engulfing all that you see in your imagination before you.

For the first method, the whole body method. You draw in 7 breathes, with your focus being on imagining that your body is breathing in pure fire from all around you. One by one, drawing in the breathes from the Universe of fire.

As you draw in the breathes, you need to,at the same time as your breathing, mnetally direct the fire element to be accumalated in a part of your body or an internal organ, except the heart/brain. I ususally start at the feet and work my way up to the head region.

So let's say you are going to start with the right foot, you draw the breathes in, one by one and direct it into your foot, through your whole body.

The analogy of taking a pool of water and then taking a hose and drwaing some of the water off of it and directing it into a pail, can be thought of.

So you go through the 7 breathes, through the whole body to the right foot. Allow the fire element to sit there until you feel uncomfortable and now you slowly, using the imagination, send it back up through the entire body and then out through the body, into the Universe of fire that you have called forth around yourself, using your imagination.

This is how I have down this method and found it to work very effectively.

The second method, I think is a bit easier, you simply take the fire element, from your Universe of Fire all around you and direct it with your imagination, pore berathing it directly into the body part/interanl organ that you are accumalting the element into.

So your by passing using your body and going right to the part to hold the element.

It makes snese that he would say you need both methods, using your body and then the indiviual section fro the same thing will build up a better mastery of each element. This is what I've fund from using the 2 methods together as he suggests in the book

At the end of this step he talks about developing rituals for creating storehouses of each element in the Akasha fro your immediate use through  hand gestures.

For this, I found that by sitting in the Asana position, I would visualize teh psoitive aspect of the fire element and draw it into the mental plane and vsiualize it building and building. Then at it's peak moment, I would make a finger/hand gesture and anchor this state through the combination of the 2.

This is similiar to the NLP technique of anchoring yourself to a particular stae of mind.

When you do the hand/finger gesture, after having repeated this exercise for each element, in the astral/mental plane you will find that it instantly calls forth the element you've been storing there with absolutely no conscious effort on your part.

August 26, 2012, 12:16:07 PM
Reply #579

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Melch I hope that this is you and not just regurgitating what you have read. If it is you then you have started and I say: well done sir!

Remember to take some time out, to experiment and play with the energy! Like moving it around the body? How far will it jump from hand to hand? What happens if I put it all in my big toe? What energy can I draw from this object, first by touch and then from a distance?

I have found that I do not become the object but exist within the object, either way what energies are in the object, can they be manipulated?

Try imagining that the energy is around you, i.e. that the planes are around you, not in a different place!

Once again well done; you karma is now better by one. :cool:
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

August 28, 2012, 12:09:11 AM
Reply #580

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Melch I hope that this is you and not just regurgitating what you have read. If it is you then you have started and I say: well done sir!

Remember to take some time out, to experiment and play with the energy! Like moving it around the body? How far will it jump from hand to hand? What happens if I put it all in my big toe? What energy can I draw from this object, first by touch and then from a distance?

I have found that I do not become the object but exist within the object, either way what energies are in the object, can they be manipulated?

Try imagining that the energy is around you, i.e. that the planes are around you, not in a different place!

Once again well done; you karma is now better by one. :cool:

I agree with all your points. Yes, you exist within the picture. Your consciousness becomes concentrated in the center point and you can feel that tyhe picture is your entire world.

The objetc such as a picture is dead as a doornail, though I can energize it and make it come alive.

Yes. your right about sending the energy to your toes, fingers and then practicing releasing it in a flash as he talks about in the book.

I basically just get the  exercise down and then move on. I work the exrecise, until I effortlessly am motivated to go to the next one.

But all your points are well taken and are definite external additions that you can do with the exercises in this step.

Good Points :cool:

August 28, 2012, 12:40:25 AM
Reply #581

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Step 5- Releasing the elements through solar plexus and the fingers. On this step I parctice the two methods of drawing the elements in, hold the element in and then, as he says in the book send it out through the solar plexus and create balls, spheres, pyramids. Also, he mentions exploding the shapes you make and I think dissolving them, as you send them out through your solar plexus.

I find that this is more powerful than just releasing the element through the enitre body or the indiviual part, depending on how you have drawn it into yourself.

This exercise does get you thinking about what you can do with the indiviual elements, almost shooting  the fire out of your finger.

Master this element and you could light something on fire at a great distance. Also you could reduce a fire at agreat distance. If you really mastered the fire element, you could stop all those wild fires you see in California, etc.

I believe that this is the point of where he talks about lighting a candle on fire with the fire element. Mastering the element is only as good as your ability to utilize it anywhere in the world/universe.

So this is taking the first drawing in exercises and bringing them up a step and I can feel it in my consciousness when I do it.

I make my main focus on just drawing in the elements, 7 breathes and then sending them out of my soalr plexus. The fingers and toes I havn't done, because of time constraints. It just takes too long, but I would say that if you ever want to make use of the elements, you would have to practice not only sending the elemnst from the solar plexus, but also the fingers and toes.

He ends the exercise for pore berathing the elemenst here to prepare you for the rest of the steps, which involves accessing the 4th dimension,.
You are 2 parts as he says, a spirit within a phsyical frame. Your spirit is in the 4th dimension, but your phsyical surroundings prevent you from retrieving information from it.

This exercise creeps me out, because you are literally pulling your spirit from within your physical body.

He has you draw in the air element in the first part of it, without use of the will. That I do and then I put my arm with my elbow on the table and draw out my spirtual hand. Can't move my arm and i can feel my spirt hand protruding out of my phsyical arm.

It's true. I found that in the methods he has fro accessing the 4th dimension for answers, that my pendulum dowsing didn't really improve, but he made me aware of how I can go about it to insure total, 100% connection to the 4th dimension.

The spirit guide I didn't try to contact, but I should probaly do that. The planchette, auto matic writing. I went through these and found that I could retrieve all the information I desire through the pendulum.

He talks about contacting beings and deceased people, buit I don't know why, because in step 7 he talks about being decieved by phantoms.

I feel that I'm being decieved when I come across beings in the 4th dimension. I don't totally trust most of the information that I recieve from them there.

In contacting your guardian angel, he talks about how once you lose contact, it's diffucult to re-connect and I think that's my problem. I've contemplated his advice and I think that he's right about how you need the guardian early in life, but then not so much as you venture out into the world

October 02, 2012, 01:56:52 PM
Reply #582

AEth

• View Profile
Hey everyone. I'm very new to the forum and the occult in general, but thought I would post an exercise that may help those in my position. It has helped me greatly in the abstract concept of visualizing something "plastically" with your eyes closed in the beginning of Step 2. This was something of a sticking point for me because, unlike everything in Step 1, there is a fairly large quantum leap involved in doing this. Here is an exercise that has bridged that leap somewhat for me:

1) Do a candle staring exercise. The one recommended in the psi forums is perfect for this.

2) Directly after the exercise, lay down in some sort of relaxation asana if you want and close your eyes. You will notice an unimagined spot from the flame of the candle temporarily imprinted on your retina. Use this as a reference point to build the image of your candle beneath the actual concrete flame image that is unimagined.

Hope this helps. Thanks for all the awesome information on this forum everyone!

January 09, 2013, 08:27:55 PM
Reply #583

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The above is great advice. You can also print out sheets of paper with various symbols in various colors to practice variety.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

January 31, 2013, 06:49:22 AM
Reply #584

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Hi everyone. I want to ask about
1. In step I Phisycal training when we do magic breathing and food/ water (based on akasha principle), can we visualize our desire (health, happy, etc) in pure white light form ?

2. In step VI Astral training. It said if we master this exercise we can master 4 elements in 3 planes. So in this step can someone do  amazing job like throwing fireball, fill empty glass with water (with accumulation water element only) and something like in Fairy Tale ?

1. that is fine, just be sure it is coming from the "heavens" and not from your body.

2. Nope.

The answer to question 2 is a big, gigantic "Yes". If you can't generate a fireball then your doing the magic system incorrectly. Your suppossed to end up doing everything that is talked in the book literally

The purpose of IIH is one central theme. It is mastery of the 4 elements(Fire, Air, Water and Earth). If your working with this book and the mental exercises and having trouble making progress, meditate on the fact that you are trying, to master each indiviual exercise for the purpose of mastering the 4 elements.

If you do just this, contemplate that this is what you are trying to do by practicing the mental exercises, you will make rapid progress on doing each of them, much better.

If you truly master the elements, then they will heed your call. You would be able to produce fire from out of nowhere, water from out of nowhere, wind from out of nowhere, cause plants to grow masterfully. It isn't out of the realm of possiblity that you could make a fireball, though this isn't the reason for doing the magic system.

If you complete this book, you are to be a master of the elements, for to be a master of the elements is to be a master of yourself and of the world around you. Everything, this entire earth and universe is composed of 4 things and 4 things only Fire, Air, Water and Earth.

It only makes sense that to start out in magic, you would start with mastering the building blocks of what everything is composed of.

How could you heal or influence things or events without a total harmonius connection to these 4 things. Without them there would just be a vast void of nothing

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:14:02 AM by Melchizedek »