Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
46 (15.5%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.8%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.9%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.6%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.5%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 296

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 569260 times)

February 29, 2012, 01:17:39 PM
Reply #555

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Yet this is a sticking point for me as i have just entered the prime of my life and will be giving it all up(said it was immature),by that i mean i will be righting my wrongs and judging my own actions to the harshest they can be judged.Does this mean i'll give up life as a human? Does this mean i will not enjoy the dirty pleasures of life such as sex,intoxication and in general the 7 sins(yet in truth i only desire not to lose my youth or waste it in a sense,by becoming old too fast)

in conclusion all i ask is,will my personality (not traits) change? Will i in essence lose who i have become to become a mage or will i adapt and alter my personality to continue my pursuit in magick?
DoF   

1. the giving up part can happen automatically, it won't feel like giving up. for example you may simply start losing interest in material things and material pleasures. as you experience worlds of dreams or astral, suddenly material world loses its appeal by comparison, and so your priorities may naturally shift and so will your interests. i gave everything up and live in a room now which i leave once a week for a couple of hours (sometimes i don't leave the room for weeks), and i'm only 28. 2 years ago i barely spent any time in my room, i was either having sex or making money. it doesn't feel like giving up at all. study occult and meditate. there's an occult writer who said 'you can travel the universe and learn all its wonderful secrets, without ever leaving your room' or something like that.

2. i think 2 things can happen to personality. if you are not careful your ego can get inflated and you will think yourself to be better than others, to know more than others, or to know more 'truth' than others, if you look at some posters on this forum you can easily see who such people are - as they enter an argument very easily with others, they try to defend their views and opinions. these are people with infalted egos. then there are others who are humble, no matter what you say to them, call them a lier, a theif, or a sinner, they will not retaliate against you at all. these are the people who have a leash on their egos, they control their egos more or less.

Occult inflates the ego as you suddenly get to learn and experience what very few people ever will in their life. So you gotta remind yourself to be humble, remind yourself that no matter what you know, you are still an idiot compared to who you will be 10 years later, be kind to the idiot who is you now - don't think that you know now, for you do not know. And so be kind to everyone.

And so it may happen that you become 'kinder' towards others. Depending on which path in occult you follow, if you follow Theurgy then your 1 goal is to live like a 'pure' god - which means never hurting another person in what you say, do, and eventually think. So you start to watch and control your words, your actions and your thoughts. This purifies you and develops your will power and other abilities.

According to buddhism 'desires is maintained by misunderstanding'. The more you understand the 'truth' in things, the more you understand how desire hurts you and keeps you in 'cycles of repetitive' behaviours, which in turn actually limit the extent to which you enjoy your life. The man who is driven and moved by his desire is not a free man. Check out the Devil card on the Tarot (golden dawn edition) it is of a woman and man chained by their desires, they are captives, slaves of their desires. Thats why one of the key goals in Buddhism is to develop 'Right Understanding of Truth about Reality', and as you develop different understandings desires simply fall away like hot rocks which you no longer want to touch and burn yourself with.

- dont think about these things too much, simply do what your soul is seeking, which i assume is to study occult and practice it. But pick a positive path in the occult, for there are many negative paths in it. For me the positive path is that of Theurgy.

March 04, 2012, 09:04:16 PM
Reply #556

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
You will basically still be yourself, but you will slowly(or quickly) lose the things that hold you back and make life harder.

It hasn't stopped me from drinking, smoking, and screwing.

I seem to make good, consistent progress too.

View this fear as your Animal Self, your "ego", trying to deter you from your path. because it ill make it so that it is truly YOU who decides when to drink or smoke or have sex, etc. where as in most people it is their ego, and their myriad of desires that control when they want to do these things.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

March 17, 2012, 07:56:25 AM
Reply #557

alg

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Desire to study IIH and develop yourself is also a desire :D

March 24, 2012, 06:46:08 PM
Reply #558

Honved

• View Profile
Have not tried it although it seems to work for others it simply never intrigued me.

April 07, 2012, 06:18:27 AM
Reply #559

charles2010

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi everyone. I want to ask about
1. In step I Phisycal training when we do magic breathing and food/ water (based on akasha principle), can we visualize our desire (health, happy, etc) in pure white light form ?

2. In step VI Astral training. It said if we master this exercise we can master 4 elements in 3 planes. So in this step can someone do  amazing job like throwing fireball, fill empty glass with water (with accumulation water element only) and something like in Fairy Tale ?

3. In step VII Phisycal Training can We make our elemental being like Earth Golem to protect us from our enemies' attack ?

4. I read somewhere that : if we master step VIII only gods can deny us (if they can !  :cool:). Is it true ?

If you feel my question number 2,3,4 too irrational please ignore them. But please answer my question number 1 if you know the answer. thanks. :)

April 07, 2012, 03:08:08 PM
Reply #560

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
1. You should be visualizing it as pure white light. The white light is really a force which comes before the formation elements and is therefore very receptive to your thoughts and can be easily molded to contain the virtue that you have chosen. The white light should, of course, contain the feeling and mental qualities of your chosen virtue.

2. In theory, yes. Practically, those abilities will take a lot of extra training, and as you've noticed Bardon gives no real instruction as to how to do those things. They can indeed be done - and by the time you have developed such abilities you will have a more mature sense of when it is appropriate to use them. Remember that self-realization is the aim here, and not powers.

3. First, what enemies? While "fairy tale" effects are possible, remember that you do not live in a fairy tale. But yes. You can make things to protect you, although I would not expect to have your very own golem anytime soon, for the same reasons that I gave in answer to 2.

4. Not exactly. What you accrue through magic is spiritual authority and the knowledge needed to exercise it properly. You will eventually have the spiritual authority to influence a great many spirits... but keep in mind that spiritual authority is a product of the equilibrium and evolution of your soul, and that a balanced and evolved soul probably will not be engaging in activities which other spiritual forces wish to "deny." Following a true magical path places you in your correct spiritual orbit and harmonizes you with the universe. This precludes you from influencing, through your authority, things which your True Self has no business influencing according to Divine Law. Other Gods obviously fall into this category, as you effectively owe your very existence to one of them in the first place, and they are effectively one and the same even if they are perceived in the lower planes as separate.

5. I know that you did not ask a fifth question, but I'd like to remind you to be careful not to get caught up in and distracted by the higher steps of the IIH. The step that you are on can push you forward faster than the steps ahead can pull you.

Keep up your good work, and best of luck to you.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

April 09, 2012, 06:37:10 AM
Reply #561

charles2010

• Settling In

• View Profile
thanks for your answer.  :)

April 12, 2012, 08:20:50 PM
Reply #562

alg

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
 numbers are fun :D 1  is in 2, 1 and 2 is in 3 and 1 2 3 is in 4

April 12, 2012, 08:53:59 PM
Reply #563

charles2010

• Settling In

• View Profile
yeah :D. I ask those questions (2,3,4) because I just too curios about it.

And now I want to ask another question :
Does Vital Force (in IIH) have the same meaning with Qi (in Qigong / Body Energy Arts). If it is right then it's very excellent to Hermetic Scholar like us. First, we learn Vital Force (Qi), then The Four Elements, and finally we learn The Two Fluids. Wow ! It's marvelous. IIH not only lead us to become a Legendary Chinese Kung Fu Heroes who possesses a great amount of Qi (like one in Film Condor Heroes, etc) but also to become A Demigod (and maybe The God Itself !)  :cool:

April 13, 2012, 09:28:41 AM
Reply #564

alg

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Charles when u read about introspection in step 1. The IIH in my opinion have been slighly edited as  text often  is interpreted via personality of translator.

In my opinion introspection especially when it comes to passive attributes is better done with Love and attitude of neutral observer :)

April 13, 2012, 09:43:27 AM
Reply #565

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Charles when u read about introspection in step 1. The IIH in my opinion have been slighly edited as  text often  is interpreted via personality of translator.

In my opinion introspection especially when it comes to passive attributes is better done with Love and attitude of neutral observer :)

I could make comparison as I have the Czech version at home (it was published by his son, Lumir).
I just have a very weak memory, so could you please send me a PM so I will remember it?

April 27, 2012, 05:25:36 PM
Reply #566

Cutios3

• View Profile

Thank you very much for the book. 

With peace profound,
~ Cutios

July 16, 2012, 11:07:53 AM
Reply #567

Faxman

• Settling In

• View Profile
@Akenu : I have just discovered your blog. Very interesting indeed.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

July 16, 2012, 12:52:32 PM
Reply #568

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Akenu : I have just discovered your blog. Very interesting indeed.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks, I am glad you like it :)

August 12, 2012, 08:32:45 PM
Reply #569

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Hi everyone. I want to ask about
1. In step I Phisycal training when we do magic breathing and food/ water (based on akasha principle), can we visualize our desire (health, happy, etc) in pure white light form ?

2. In step VI Astral training. It said if we master this exercise we can master 4 elements in 3 planes. So in this step can someone do  amazing job like throwing fireball, fill empty glass with water (with accumulation water element only) and something like in Fairy Tale ?

1. that is fine, just be sure it is coming from the "heavens" and not from your body.

2. Nope.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0