Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 572253 times)

November 26, 2011, 06:02:30 PM
Reply #375

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science

Your post is what I was scared of, don't take this as an example, learn properly.

"Properly" being used in a subjective context. You have your ways and others have theirs. If you don't want to read his posts, then don't. No need to stomp all over everyone else in the process.

Knowledge cannot replace experience and practice in gaining wisdom. Bardon even states this himself. Melchizedek's posts portrays thoughts and knowledge, but it is still up to the initiate to experience these things, and more, for himself/herself.
thedivinescience.org

November 26, 2011, 06:09:52 PM
Reply #376

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

Your post is what I was scared of, don't take this as an example, learn properly.

"Properly" being used in a subjective context. You have your ways and others have theirs. If you don't want to read his posts, then don't. No need to stomp all over everyone else in the process.

No, "properly" being used in objective context.

Knowledge cannot replace experience and practice in gaining wisdom. Bardon even states this himself.

That is right. Knowledge can even mislead the path and block the process of gaining wisdom, that is why I took actions I did.

Melchizedek's posts portrays thoughts and knowledge, but it is still up to the initiate to experience these things, and more, for himself/herself.

Yes, but someone could take Melchizedek's posts as matter of experience instead of "knowledge" and that is unpleasant course of action. If the child really does step up on the ladder as he says, then I am sure he will understand me pretty soon.

November 26, 2011, 06:14:30 PM
Reply #377

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
Interesting.

What are your thoughts on commentaries such as the one Veos created or at bardoncompanion?
thedivinescience.org

November 26, 2011, 08:51:19 PM
Reply #378

mrblack

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    everything is true, everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • The Razors Edge
Thanks BubbaFett. I'll take the same approach i do towards physical training. if it hurts in the tendons and joints back off for a bit. It takes longer for those areas to heal and get stronger. If it hurts I back off and go back to foundation training. Its better to start slow and gain a solid momentum then to start fast and have a wobbly momentum. Though I don't know all dangers of metaphysical practice could someone enlighten me?

@Willi I am brown belt in shorin ryu karate and i've also 1 year of boxing and 2years in muay thai I have extensive martial arts knowledge. I'm talking about increasing physical strength and speed metaphysically if such a thing is possible.

Nice. A fellow karate practitioner - nice to meet you.
I was a practitioner of Shotokan & Shorin-Ji karate for years.

What I find is that it helps if you have an almost perfect control of your body to be able to augment
physical speed and strength. While I've never been able to achieve a significant strength "boost",
I've been able to take advantage of increased "speed" via ki manipulation in certain situations.....till
I started slacking off.

Now, back to our regular IIH posting.
hepaby!

beyondchaosmagick.wordpress.com <-- journal
thehollowones.wordpress.com <--collective

November 26, 2011, 10:15:48 PM
Reply #379

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
hmmm its funny i've been thinking about studying Shotokan for a while now(well that and aikido can't make my mind up). your  statement of piques my interest speed is king after all. could you pm me with further info? if you can find the time.
Life is energy with purpose.

November 27, 2011, 08:14:31 AM
Reply #380

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Interesting.

What are your thoughts on commentaries such as the one Veos created or at bardoncompanion?

The same as about any other commentary. It is good to help avoid some mistakes and also widen the range of people interested in the Art. After all, Kabbalah is accessible to the manking publicly thanks to the commentary ;-).

I wouldn't compare Veos' commentary with Melchizedek's thoughts.

November 27, 2011, 09:27:45 AM
Reply #381

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
I wouldn't compare Veos' commentary with Melchizedek's thoughts.

Why is that?
thedivinescience.org

November 27, 2011, 12:00:28 PM
Reply #382

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Well, I just loaded the magic mirror I made, so that it will give me all the understanding from the IIH. I was just practicing the concentration exercises from Step 1 and I am being instructed by the brotherhood of light who speak to me through my magic mirror to continue where I left off at Step 8

I was doing the mental wandering to the point where I couldn't get my consciousness back in my mind on the mental level.

As far as lighting a wick of a candle on fire, using the air element and fire element I'm concerned that something is going to blow up, if I persist in doing it.

I know that this is the fire element reaching the point where it is going to influence the physical and catch on fire.

I have an intuitive understanding of everything from this book, from the introduction up to Step 8. All my recent posts are based on my intuitive experiences.

Right now the remainder of the book is calling me to complete it. So I'll see what happens when I reach the end of the book and post what happens.

That is if I have any more revelations

November 27, 2011, 12:50:28 PM
Reply #383

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
As far as lighting a wick of a candle on fire, using the air element and fire element I'm concerned that something is going to blow up, if I persist in doing it.
that is called a thermobaric explosion and that only happens if the fuel air mixture is just right. I think its also called a blevy when happens to a fuel container. a candle wick should not blow up unless there is other factors causing the fuel air mixture phenomena as explained above(or maybe you could use gun powder that would "blow up")  :P
Life is energy with purpose.

November 27, 2011, 04:40:57 PM
Reply #384

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
I don't believe that parlor tricks are necessary. I don't think Bardon expected for the magician to be able to light a lamp or a cotton ball with a fire mudra. He actually doesn't list this as a skill to be sought before moving on to the next step nor does he layout a detailed method to accomplish this. It is mentioned in passing as something he saw another do. Was that an act of legerdemain or an act by an accomplished pyro psion?

What should be accomplished at the conclusion of Step X are
*the skills listed at the end of each step which don't include lighting cotton balls with fire mudras
and the abilities to;
*enter and maintain trance at will
*raise energy at will
*send healing to self,pets, plants, others
*have meditative visions
*see the teachers whom appear and learn through visions
*link with another to heal or exorcise
*project shamynically
*follow angels and mahatma in dreamstate lessons
*load specific elemental energies as needed
*tour the higher planes
*pass through the ring pass not and the window on the edge of the universe
*map out the cosmology of the soul and the realms, microverse and macroverse
*attain Shamballah as a student, peer and teacher
*call the teachers;see and hear their lessons
*meet and communicate with elementals, spirits, demons, angels, Mahatma
*have knowledge & communication with the HGA
*alchemically transmute the LS,GD,DW
*obtain occult wisdoms at will
*work with angels in dreamstate             
*attain Henios

The adept can feel,see, hear, call and fly. 

All of which are possible if the magician develops the abilities;
*to feel clairsentiently with water
*to see clairvoyantly with  fire
*to hear clairaudiently with air
*to call in evocation with  earth
*to fly in projection with water purging earth and fire heating air

.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

November 27, 2011, 05:12:29 PM
Reply #385

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I don't believe that parlor tricks are necessary. I don't think Bardon expected for the magician to be able to light a lamp or a cotton ball with a fire mudra. He actually doesn't list this as a skill to be sought before moving on to the next step nor does he layout a detailed method to accomplish this. It is mentioned in passing as something he saw another do. Was that an act of legerdemain or an act by an accomplished pyro psion?

What should be accomplished at the conclusion of Step X are
*the skills listed at the end of each step which don't include lighting cotton balls with fire mudras
and the abilities to;
*enter and maintain trance at will
*raise energy at will
*send healing to self,pets, plants, others
*have meditative visions
*see the teachers whom appear and learn through visions
*link with another to heal or exorcise
*project shamynically
*follow angels and mahatma in dreamstate lessons
*load specific elemental energies as needed
*tour the higher planes
*pass through the ring pass not and the window on the edge of the universe
*map out the cosmology of the soul and the realms, microverse and macroverse
*attain Shamballah as a student, peer and teacher
*call the teachers;see and hear their lessons
*meet and communicate with elementals, spirits, demons, angels, Mahatma
*have knowledge & communication with the HGA
*alchemically transmute the LS,GD,DW
*obtain occult wisdoms at will
*work with angels in dreamstate             
*attain Henios

The adept can feel,see, hear, call and fly. 

All of which are possible if the magician develops the abilities;
*to feel clairsentiently with water
*to see clairvoyantly with  fire
*to hear clairaudiently with air
*to call in evocation with  earth
*to fly in projection with water purging earth and fire heating air

No, I definitely know that at that point in the training you should be able to light a ball soaked in kerosene, filled with the air element, then hit with a spark from the fire element.

But, you really have to be able to compress the fire element to such a dynamide that it glows from the mental plane where your compressing it and be able to send it with your mind into the kerosene ball and actually light it on fire.

Your right that it is a parlor trick though, yet it's more about how well you've mastered the elements to that point in your training.

If you have practiced everything that he talks about in IIH correctly up to that point in the book, if you can not light a fireball with the fire element then you are kidding yourself about how well that you've mastered the previous training up to that point.

November 27, 2011, 05:40:04 PM
Reply #386

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science
Didn't Bardon state that the fire element was not completely analogous with the worldly flame, but only shared characteristics with it such as light, expansiveness, etc. How can you light something aflame with the fire element if a flame is tetrapolar?
thedivinescience.org

November 27, 2011, 08:55:54 PM
Reply #387

mrblack

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    everything is true, everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • The Razors Edge

--->

Well said, thank you for bringing these points up.
Many a times, beginners becomes misguided in their struggle to achieve mastery.
hepaby!

beyondchaosmagick.wordpress.com <-- journal
thehollowones.wordpress.com <--collective

November 28, 2011, 02:30:26 PM
Reply #388

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
"Magicians trained in this line can condense an element to such a degree that it becomes a
material power. That is why you can light a fire with the help of the fire element at the
greatest distance. At first, practice drawing a fiery ball down from the universe directly
without having it pass through the body, and compress it to a small bead so as to grow a
glowing spark. Put this spark in a cotton ball that has been soaked in easily inflammable
liquid such as ether, alcohol, or petrol. A second spark is to be prepared in the same way with
the air element, and the very moment both sparks touch the cotton ball, it will catch fire and
begin to burn. Having succeeded in this little trick, the magician can make an attempt with
the wick of an ordinary candle, and later on with a paraffin lamp. He can do this near and far.
Apart from it, he can also confine a spark to a glass or a bottle, and fling a water-spark into
this container, quick as a flash. As soon as these two sparks touch each other, both elements
will explode and the glass or bottle will break into pieces. The magician can compose such
artifices himself because he knows and masters the rules. The genuine magician will not
waste his time with such dallying.
He knows very well that he could produce as well as stop
phenomena such as lightning, thunder, and rain by means of the elements. All these forces
that strike the layman as wondrous manifestations go without saying for the magician, and it
is entirely up to him whether he likes to specialize in the line of phenomena or prefers to
continue with his magical development. It is also a well known fact to him that the oriental
fakirs accomplish their genuine mango-tree miracle, growing from seed to fruit within an
hour, only by mastering the elements.

Enough said. The purpose of the elemental exercises is to purify the element in the student so that it is pure and functions properly. The practices in step 5 also make it so that the elements cannot control the magician freeing up their conciousness so that they can evolve free of the lower powers of the elements. This only requires the development to the control of the astral plane, it is unnecessary and Bardon say's in this section "The genuine magician will not waste his time with such dallying."

November 28, 2011, 07:00:30 PM
Reply #389

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile