Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 572255 times)

November 24, 2011, 06:13:13 AM
Reply #360

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
When you look at the beginning of the book and start doing the thought control exercises, why are you doing them or the soul mirror exercises.

It's because you want to see where you have an imbalance in the elements.

The thought control exrecises are the first exercises, because you are attempting to rise above what you percieve to see all around you with your physical eyes.

Why do you do the visualziation exercises in Step 2. It's because you are beginning to try and master the fire element. Why do you have to try and visualize something without hearing or feeling it in Step 2. It's because you are attempting to isolate your connection to the fire element and to bring it into perfect balance.

It doesn't say this is why you aredoing that exercises in Step 2, but if you know why you are doing this exercise, it makes sense and you make progress and don't get frustrated and quit.

Seeing/visualzing is the Fire Eelement
Hearing is the Air Element
Feeling is the Water Element
Total Consciousness of all 5 senses is the Earth element

All the exercises in IIH are made to attack this problem of balancing the elements witihin yourself, so you can increase your ability to have more magic powers, for lack of a better term within yourself

November 24, 2011, 06:15:07 AM
Reply #361

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Step 6 in a half an hour?

What the f**k??? (coughs, splutters, then falls out the chair)

Yeah, but you make your observation from a viewpoint of not understanding. Your looking at just doing the exercises without understanding why your doing them, so to you it seems an impossible task

November 24, 2011, 06:16:56 AM
Reply #362

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Everyone calm down, now, together with you Melchizedek, stop talking about IIH or I will have to show you your delusions.

November 24, 2011, 06:27:19 AM
Reply #363

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Everyone calm down, now, together with you Melchizedek, stop talking about IIH or I will have to show you your delusions.

I'll stop talking about it, what I'm writing isn't welcome here. It's amazing how clueless you all are about magic

November 24, 2011, 06:36:55 AM
Reply #364

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

I'll stop talking about it, what I'm writing isn't welcome here. It's amazing how clueless you all are about magic

You are screwing learning process of any serious student of IIH that might search information on the internet and find this thread.

November 24, 2011, 07:20:25 AM
Reply #365

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment

I am sorry for the derision and derogatory diatribe that occurs at VS without moderation.

I am interested in your approach. Please correct me if I have this wrong. I believe that you have read through the book and have accomplished all of steps 1-4 and understand the philosophy and intent of the author Bardon and have attained those skills. Then upon reading Step 5 you discovered you already had those skills too. So you moved through it rapidly. If I am correct in my assessment of what you implied then I am in accord. This has happened to a number of magicians over the years I have been working with IIH. Of course, some of us come to the work with some of these abilities already in place and it is only natural then that we would pass through some steps quickly because it is no more than a read of the text and a self assessment that task has already been done and this skill is already attained and so forth.

I know many magicians who have completed this Ten Step Path. Most come to the IIH already accomplished somewhat some as mystics, some as psions, some as projectors, some as mediums. Some as naturals born with a great deal of ability. It is possible. Bardon says it is possible and those who deride and bully generally do not have the discipline to get past step 2 and therefore believe no one else could. The armchair magicians pretend that no one can because they have not been able to attain yet . They will not progress until they begin to open their eyes and fly.

If you have not read Rawn Clark's commentary, I highly recommend that to you and to for_Him et al. I also suggest to you that there are serious Hermetic magicians online in a number of other sites which will treat you with respect these include but are not limited to;
Occult Corpus @ Ceremonial Magick boards
Franz Bardon Forum
River of Enlightenment
Astral Dynamics
and various Yahoo groups
Hermetic Research too

Please do not leave VS. I do value your input.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:22:47 PM by Aunt Clair »
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

November 24, 2011, 02:30:56 PM
Reply #366

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

I am sorry for the derision. I am interested in your approach. Please correct me if I have this wrong. I believe that you have read through the book and have accomplished all of steps 1-4 and understand the philosophy and intent of the author Bardon and have attained those skills. Then upon reading Step 5 you discovered you already had those skills too. So you moved through it rapidly. If I am correct in my assessment of what you implied then I am in accord. This has happened to a number of magicians over the years I have been working with IIH. Of course, some of us come to the work with some of these abilities already in place and it is only natural then that we would pass through some steps quickly because it is no more than a read of the text and a self assessment that task has already been done and this skill is already attained and so forth.

I know many magicians who have completed this Ten Step Path. Most come to the IIH already accomplished somewhat some as mystics, some as psions, some as projectors, some as mediums. Some as naturals born with a great deal of ability. It is possible. Bardon says it is possible and those who deride and bully generally do not have the discipline to get past step 2 and therefore believe no one else could.

If you have not read Rawn Clark's commentary, I highly recommend to you and to for_Him et al. I also suggest to you that there are serious Hermetic magicians online in a number of other sites which will treat you with respect these include but are not limited to;
Occult Corpus @ Ceremonial Magick boards
Franz Bardon Forum
River of Enlightenment
Astral Dynamics
and various Yahoo groups
Hermetic Research too

Hi,
     All you need to see for yourself is this

Seeing/visualzing is the Fire Eelement
Hearing is the Air Element
Feeling is the Water Element
Total Consciousness of all 5 senses is the Earth element

November 24, 2011, 03:58:56 PM
Reply #367

trismegistos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    www.thedivinescience.org
    • View Profile
I am not specifically working through IIH, though I understand what the exercises, some of them the same as IIH, are for.  Divine Providence has blessed me with guidance which on this day of Thanksgiving (and every other day) I am grateful beyond words for.

I would be interested to see you condense fire to such an extent as to light the lamp on my altar from however many miles away you are, you said thousands so I imagine you could do it.  Hopefully your answer is not that the spirits will not allow you, because they seem to be fine with you telling hundreds of veritas members that you can do such a great feat, not exactly in line with keeping Silence, seemed more like bragging to me.

November 25, 2011, 11:21:12 PM
Reply #368

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I'm on step numero uno and I plan integrating it with kobok's focal meditation. after that while progressing in IIH I plan to work on pin pointing certain brain wave states(in particular gamma and alpha/theta) while also integrating several eastern energy development systems. My goals in mind are extreme spatial perception and augmented physical speed and strength. My goals after those will depend entirely on my experiences in achieving the first set of goals.

Any criticism on this approach will actually be appreciated as I am not as experienced as most on this forum.   
Life is energy with purpose.

November 26, 2011, 10:23:47 AM
Reply #369

ThePhoenix13

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Reborn
    • View Profile
    • The Divine Science

I second this. Please continue to post your thoughts. Although there are those who wish to argue, there are us who wish to listen.
thedivinescience.org

November 26, 2011, 04:27:24 PM
Reply #370

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

I second this. Please continue to post your thoughts. Although there are those who wish to argue, there are us who wish to listen.

Your post is what I was scared of, don't take this as an example, learn properly.

November 26, 2011, 04:50:20 PM
Reply #371

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I'm on step numero uno and I plan integrating it with kobok's focal meditation. after that while progressing in IIH I plan to work on pin pointing certain brain wave states(in particular gamma and alpha/theta) while also integrating several eastern energy development systems. My goals in mind are extreme spatial perception and augmented physical speed and strength. My goals after those will depend entirely on my experiences in achieving the first set of goals.

Any criticism on this approach will actually be appreciated as I am not as experienced as most on this forum.   

Protip: Find a traditional martial arts teacher and start practicing if you can. I was slow and weak, now I'm not. Worked for me. :)

November 26, 2011, 05:02:35 PM
Reply #372

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thanks BubbaFett. I'll take the same approach i do towards physical training. if it hurts in the tendons and joints back off for a bit. It takes longer for those areas to heal and get stronger. If it hurts I back off and go back to foundation training. Its better to start slow and gain a solid momentum then to start fast and have a wobbly momentum. Though I don't know all dangers of metaphysical practice could someone enlighten me?

@Willi I am brown belt in shorin ryu karate and i've also 1 year of boxing and 2years in muay thai I have extensive martial arts knowledge. I'm talking about increasing physical strength and speed metaphysically if such a thing is possible.

November 26, 2011, 05:34:39 PM
Reply #373

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Thanks BubbaFett. I'll take the same approach i do towards physical training. if it hurts in the tendons and joints back off for a bit. It takes longer for those areas to heal and get stronger. If it hurts I back off and go back to foundation training. Its better to start slow and gain a solid momentum then to start fast and have a wobbly momentum. Though I don't know all dangers of metaphysical practice could someone enlighten me?

@Willi I am brown belt in shorin ryu karate and i've also 1 year of boxing and 2years in muay thai I have extensive martial arts knowledge. I'm talking about increasing physical strength and speed metaphysically if such a thing is possible.

In that case, keep doing what you're doing, whatever that be. :P

November 26, 2011, 05:57:19 PM
Reply #374

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Heh heh Willi made a funny.