Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
46 (15.5%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.8%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.9%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.6%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.5%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 296

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 569142 times)

October 05, 2011, 02:12:23 PM
Reply #315

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
You mean standing 4 square and upright (perfect square=elemental equilibrium) with the Spirit reigning over all your actions? lol

The Great Pyramid of Giza is an inter-dimensional doorway to the forgotten temple

October 05, 2011, 04:50:45 PM
Reply #316

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Look, Melchizedek, friendly suggestion: if what you're saying isn't total bullshit, then either state the hint for those who are ready for it and then drop it, or give up the complete answer. There's no reason to continue telling people to consider something you've already told them to consider, without giving concrete information rather than making more statements that make you sound like a quack.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

October 07, 2011, 05:53:35 AM
Reply #317

for_Him

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
steve, i've taken 2 lessons from Melchizedek's pyramid post
1. Melchizedek's ego is enjoying appearing to know more than the others (hence he is not giving up the secret to which he is referring :)
2. Our (the reader's) egos need to be controlled not to react to Melchizedek's ego's behaviour

lets use this as an opportunity to soften our own ego's reactions, whether Melchizedek does give up the answer or not,
Us softening our own reactions is the real treasure in this whole experience, I think, it is not in whether Melchizedek can tell us about a pyramid or not

October 07, 2011, 08:59:04 AM
Reply #318

Armond

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Still, in all honesty the Spinx the oldest monument built, perhaps even before the Egyptians moved there, should be a concern as a physical temple site.

I'm not hiding knowledge of any. I just do not know.
There is never nothing going on but, till one has purified the interior viewing the exterior won't help.

October 07, 2011, 10:03:49 AM
Reply #319

for_Him

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
anyways, how is the knowledge about a pyramid going to help any of us in our practical journey? it is not. i know what i must do next, and nothing about a pyramid is going to change it.
the discussion is a bit of a waste of time :)

October 07, 2011, 10:27:21 AM
Reply #320

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

Take a look at the cover of IIH. You need to keep in mind, that the reason you are doing the exercises from this book is to attain from this book what is depicted on the cover.

This is all that I've been trying to say.

If you mediatate on the Pyramid it will help in the understanding of this

October 07, 2011, 10:33:33 AM
Reply #321

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Sigh...
ORIGINAL cover of IIH as depicted by František Bardon is a gate.
Reason for that is that IIH (Initiation Into Hermetics) isn't the original name. Original name was Brána k opravdovému zasvěcení, which in translation means Gate to the real initiation. I am Czech and I own that copy.

Melchizedek, things you say here are even worse than of the New Age. Please change your avatar and stop talking about IIH as you knew it from inside out.

October 07, 2011, 12:30:22 PM
Reply #322

Armond

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Please lets steer the topic away from Melchizedek and back to the IIH itself   :P
There is never nothing going on but, till one has purified the interior viewing the exterior won't help.

October 07, 2011, 02:47:38 PM
Reply #323

lailoken

• View Profile
In regards to Melchizedek's "key" conundrum. I stroked my chin and thought, "hmmm...quadrapolar magnet? Cross of equated forces?" But I could be wrong.

Anyway, Awakened, you mention you're Czech. I'm curious how Bardon is thought of in your homeland? I mean is he and his work well known? If I was in the Czech Republic and mentioned his name to any random person would it be met with an acknowledgement? Since I started IIH I've always been curious of his standing in his homeland.

By the way, Awakened, Czech Republic 0 Spain 2, GO ON THE SCOTS!! (Sorry, sorry, couldn't help myself)   

October 08, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
Reply #324

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I would say it's the same as anywhere else. There are small occult groups knowing Franz Bardon and also few lodges, but general public doesn't know much about him. But when they know, they of course have a deep respect for him :-).

I work in the capital, which was visited by many great people including Aleister Crowley, John Dee, Eliphas Levi, still they are not publicly well known :-).

Czech Republic 0 Spain 2

Good for you :-). I personally don't watch such events, I don't like passive sports (sitting in front of TV yelling at players on the field). But it's true that watching sports is more or less Czech national sport :-D

October 08, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
Reply #325

trismegistos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    www.thedivinescience.org
    • View Profile
This may be relevant.  I'd say about everyone in the occult community over there knows who he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMWQlP4sQv4&feature=player_profilepage

October 09, 2011, 05:26:45 AM
Reply #326

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
The Great Pyramid of Giza is an inter-dimensional doorway to the forgotten temple
Bardon alludes to modern Hermetic Magick having roots in ancient Egyptian Rites of Initiation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initiation_%28Theosophy%29
Alice Bailey wrote about contemporary Initiatic Magick ...
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/ihas/index.htm
http://www.xoor.eu/sat/
...as did Madame Helena Blavatsky, Dr. Joshua David Stone, Diana Cooper and others.

The first mystic initiation is taken by projecting to the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid where Thoth and Horus appear to the aspirant. Attunements and lessons are given and this initiation is concluded by passing through apex of the pyramid which has been called "Blowing off the capstone".
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,394.0.html

In the next initiation, the initiate projects back to the Great Pyramid and draws energy again there to project to Golden Chamber of the Priest Angel Melchiezedek where a rod of initiation is presented to the aspirant. Further attunements are given by Uriel , Michael, and others which lift the vibration of the aspirant so that they can continue to ascend over time with development.
This is the 2nd Mystic Initiation in projection which is called the '6th initiation' by Bailey. She enumerated physical initiations which may or may not be pertinent to ascension alchemy.
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,395.0.html

The third initiation begins again at the King's Chamber although some go directly through the Akashic Hall of Records to the Great Manse of Shamballah.
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,396.0.html

The fourth mystic or 8th initiation of Alice Bailey is taken back at the pyramid in the Queen's Chamber to balance yin and yang.
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,2177.msg12580.html#msg12580

In the 10th Initiation initiates manifest an ashram . We were directed to shape our first ashram as a pair of square based pyramids conjoined at the base;
/\
\/

Some subsequent initiations will begin in the pyramid again. For example the initiate has attunements again in the Queen's Chamber and later in the Death Chamber of the Great Pyramid, too.

.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

October 09, 2011, 06:11:57 AM
Reply #327

lailoken

• View Profile
Thanks, Awakened, I suppose it's like anywhere else, not everyone (the majority) takes an interest in the occult. Here in Britain Crowley is more infamous rather than famous to be people who don't know much about the occult/magic, though that's more to do with the colourful personal life associated with him. And a little light joshing, sir, there was no bragging intended.

@Trimegistos. Yes, the Martin Faulks interview with Lumir Bardon? 

October 09, 2011, 11:40:17 PM
Reply #328

Jordana Divinorum

• Settling In

• View Profile
Over the weekend my teacher condensed the water element to such a degree that it formed a rain cloud, and then dispersed it a few moments later.  You can very well condense an element into it's physical form, but it takes a very high level of skill.  You're most likely not going to create physical fire for example before reaching Initiation or Gnosis, so to put so much emphasis on such mundane feats is useless, use the exercises to master the elements in yourself, and then you will have mastery of them externally after that soon enough.  Everything in it's time.

Sorry if I seem ignorant, but being able to create fire doesn't seem like a mundane feat to me.  If you did it publicly, you would be the first person in the history of the entire planet to prove magic is real and you could easily become rich.  To me a mundane feat would be walking down to the grocery store and finding all of the items on your shopping list.  Even if you didn't work your magic in the public eye, you would still probably be the first, or one of the first people on earth to perform such a task, or reach such a level.  Bardon claims such things are possible, so it's up to us whether we subscribe to that or not because there has never been any evidence of psychic powers or controlling the elements with your mind. I like to think it's possible, but if the book simply helps me because a better person, then I'm happy with that too.

October 10, 2011, 01:11:22 AM
Reply #329

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile

Sorry if I seem ignorant, but being able to create fire doesn't seem like a mundane feat to me.  If you did it publicly, you would be the first person in the history of the entire planet to prove magic is real and you could easily become rich.  To me a mundane feat would be walking down to the grocery store and finding all of the items on your shopping list.  Even if you didn't work your magic in the public eye, you would still probably be the first, or one of the first people on earth to perform such a task, or reach such a level.  Bardon claims such things are possible, so it's up to us whether we subscribe to that or not because there has never been any evidence of psychic powers or controlling the elements with your mind. I like to think it's possible, but if the book simply helps me become a better person, then I'm happy with that too.

Nothing about your post seems ignorant at all. The bold part of the quote is what makes great magicians in my very humble opinion. There are magicians that can do these things. I say this based on first hand eye witness experience. But I cannot make anyone believe this until they are the witness, and I would argue making people believe that is a waste of time. I know this forum is chalk full of results oriented skepticism, and that is good because it makes the forum unique and valuable. On the other hand, results in this area of learning are very much based on inner personal experience LONG before the outer experience happens. You have to keep in mind that one who is initiated, and has accomplished a elemental equipoise would not show these feats to any but those who are following in their footsteps as students, to give proof in times of doubt. People hate that about Hermeticism and Theurgy, but people hate that it rains when you want to take a walk as well. Doesn't change a thing.
And how!