Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 572254 times)

August 13, 2011, 04:39:19 PM
Reply #270

trismegistos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    www.thedivinescience.org
    • View Profile
The reason IIH is written the way it is (with Initiatic blinds even though they're not so apparent) is to show the aspirant that the Master is necessary, and the few to have completed it on their own were reincarnated Adepts who were able to figure out how to do the exercises properly by their Intuition.  However, starting with IIH in a serious manner is certainly a good way to attract the Master, because the student doesn't find the Master, quite the contrary.

August 18, 2011, 01:08:25 AM
Reply #271

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I really don't think that there are any human beings who are masters of IIH. I could be wrong, but I'm finding that the only master that can teach you the correct way of doing these exercises, is the master from within

August 18, 2011, 01:10:05 AM
Reply #272

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I really don't think that there are any human beings who are masters of IIH. I could be wrong, but I'm finding that the only master that can teach you the correct way of doing these exercises, is the master from within

And real mentor should guide you to find this master from within :)

August 18, 2011, 12:31:24 PM
Reply #273

trismegistos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    www.thedivinescience.org
    • View Profile

IIH is only the first Tarot card.  Not to say that it's some small achievement, but the level one can reach as a human is far higher than the IIH, far higher than what can be put into writing.

August 18, 2011, 04:23:35 PM
Reply #274

SnakePlisskin

• View Profile
IIH is only the first Tarot card.  Not to say that it's some small achievement, but the level one can reach as a human is far higher than the IIH, far higher than what can be put into writing.

Yep, IIH is 'initiation' into hermetics. In other words, it is a preface, for when one has been visited by the initiator. IIH doesn't pretend to be anything but IIH. It doesn't say it is the original, or best.

But, still, there is simply nothing like it.

August 30, 2011, 07:23:56 AM
Reply #275

akuigla

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:46:16 AM by akuigla »
Illegitimi non carborundum.

August 30, 2011, 03:37:24 PM
Reply #276

trismegistos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    www.thedivinescience.org
    • View Profile
I quit a heroin addiction to pursue Hermetics.  If I can do that, you can give up an occasional drink.  You just have to persevere and force yourself to practice everyday, even when you don't necessarily feel like it.  Eventually it will become habit and you won't feel right without doing your exercises.  In the beginning there will be a type of excitement to keep you going but as Initiation isn't something you accomplish in a couple months it will lose it's luster at some point, but eventually you will be rewarded and will get joy from your practice.  I would advise that perhaps you also do some type of pranayama like Sukha Purvaka to help realign your energies.  Also, look at what your motives truly are.

August 30, 2011, 06:02:29 PM
Reply #277

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Bardon wasn't speaking against drinking itself there. I'll just quote the whole thing (to save myself time, from the pdf version):

Manage it so that you spend as much time as possible in your rise or advance. It is quite unnecessary to waste time with sitting for hours, drinking beer and passing time in trivial company. Time is running away like water, never to return. A certain amount of time ought to be provided for, but it is very necessary to stick to it. Exceptions ought to be allowed for only in quite inevitable cases. Man is subject to habits, and once accustomed to a definite timetable for his exercises, he will feel compelled to do his exercises. In the same way as there is a want for the necessities of life such as eating, drinking and sleeping, it ought to happen in regard to the exercises which must, as it were, become a habit. This is the sole way to attain a sure and full success. There is no prize without diligence. It is my ambition to arrange for the instructions as if they were meant for the busiest man. He who has plenty of time of hand may be able to be occupied with two or more exercises at the same time.

His emphasis in that whole area was on having a schedule that you stick to when it comes to practicing the exercises, so you can be constantly progressing, not stopping drinking (though of course, if that's what you want to do, then absolutely feel free to). So you set it up and say "I will practice voiding my mind of thoughts at 9pm for 30 minutes every night" etc. Then you stick to that.

As to how to do that, ultimately what it comes down to is just making a firm decision. That is the first step. Many people make a decision without really making a decision. They say "I will start this practice routine"...but they don't give themselves a set time to do it in etc. They always leave an "escape route". The first step is to close the escape route, and make it definite.

After that it is a lot easier, and it just gets easier the more you stick to it - until a point will come when it is harder NOT to.

Then, make sure you know WHY you are doing this, what it gets you (even...no, especially if they are "egoistic" reasons, since that will appeal to your motivation much more) Actually write out reasons why and review them occasionally, even modifying them as they may change over time. Keep a "diary" of your practice, changes over time so you can see progress that was made to help keep you motivated, knowing you ARE progressing.

Initially, when you wake up or before sleeping (or after meditating for a while) you can as vividly as possible just imagine to yourself that you are keeping a habit and doing the exercises. So at night time, you might imagine getting up in the morning, seeing the clock with the time that you have decided to practice, and see yourself sitting down and doing the exercises for however many minutes you decide (and while your at it, see yourself as finding them easy, enjoyable and doing them well). And keep that imagination nice and easy. It really will help the habit form. It doesn't have to be hard. :)

When you do introspection you can look into reasons why you may NOT practice, what would lead you to avoid it. And delve deeper into why you might do what you do to avoid it - what do you get by doing that which makes it more pleasurable then doing the exercises (or less painful). Analyse it. Look at ways the practices ARE pleasurable, make doing that appear more painful. Look into your beliefs behind why you avoid it, then you can change them into beliefs that encourage your practice more...loads of ways to do that, such as bardon's methods of impregnating drink, food, air...autosuggestion. Affirmations and particularly visualizations work well after meditation (visualization is better if you are NOT doing it to change, but simply to "pretend" for the time that that is how you are) There are really countless effective ways to do it.

August 31, 2011, 12:01:24 AM
Reply #278

akuigla

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thank you both for your answers.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:45:23 AM by akuigla »

August 31, 2011, 01:51:32 AM
Reply #279

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Thank you both for your answers.
It is very helpful.
But my energy level is quite low,most of the day I feel tired,like squeezed towel.
The reason I went into IIH is that my life energy is almost nonexistent.For example I have to go to sleep around 9 pm,sometimes earlier.And I need often sleep during the day.
I don't know anything about energy,how to balance it or make it stronger,so if you will be  kind to teach me I will be very grateful.
Aku

I can recommend Qi Gong as it also have techniques for storing energy.

September 01, 2011, 10:09:59 AM
Reply #280

akuigla

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
 to Trismegistos:
I googled for Sukha Purvaka and I found different ways of doing that:Most teachers say to close one than other nostril and breath in and out certain number of Om-s(what is it?).Others just say to breath in for ,say,6 sec,,retain the breath for  6 sec,and breath out for 6 sec.Than some says to do certain numbers from 10 to 140 a day Sukha Purvaka.
It is confusing.
I have a feeling that you know what are you doing!
What is, in your opinion, Trismegistos,the right way to do Sukha purvaka?
thanks,
aku

September 01, 2011, 11:52:47 AM
Reply #281

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
Not to speak for Trismegistos but Veos' article on Yoga Here is most likely what he will point you to. Part 4 is Pranayama, where he will explain breath work.
And how!

September 01, 2011, 08:10:46 PM
Reply #282

trismegistos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    www.thedivinescience.org
    • View Profile
Not to speak for Trismegistos but Veos' article on Yoga Here is most likely what he will point you to. Part 4 is Pranayama, where he will explain breath work.

This lol

September 02, 2011, 12:40:14 AM
Reply #283

akuigla

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Thanks,
This is it! :)
Aku

September 03, 2011, 01:21:44 AM
Reply #284

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
for some reason i just got started on it yesterday, and i can do all of the mental excercises ive seen so far on my first try. maybe its cause ive been doing a certain kind of imagery training for the past few years.
anyways do u think i should just go through it like that, or practice the same excercises again, as if i cant do them yet?