Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 572043 times)

March 25, 2011, 03:11:54 AM
Reply #210

Echo

• View Profile
I have just recently discovered the IIH and am starting work on the first exercises. I hope that I can overcome my somewhat flighty nature and pursue this path diligently, but I feel like I have already met with a stumbling block.

The Soul Mirror is something I have done - and continue to do - for nearly half a decade in my own way so I feel that introspection will not be a challenge. I can easily adopt the physical exercises into my current daily regiment as well; creative visualization associated with conscious breathing/eating seems to come natural to me.

My trouble stems from the mental exercises. I have always had an orderly mind and I have cultivated that order for as long as I can remember. Unbidden thoughts rarely come to my mind. I realize that I may be fooling myself and am somehow ignoring the "micro-thoughts", but try as I might I can't seem to observe any. I almost feel as though I would have to somehow undo progress I have made in the past - to clutter my mind - in order to properly complete this first simple lesson.

I have practiced other techniques for focusing on single thoughts in the past and feel that I can already retain that state for more than 30 minutes with very rarely a distracting thought. I am also adept at maintaining no thoughts for extended periods, but again I feel I may be fooling myself by actually Thinking of blackness/emptiness. Is that not what I am suppose to achieve? Is there an actual state of no thought that is evading me or am I doing it correctly?

After reading the entire manual I feel that the lessons in it are very familiar and resonate well with me, but after reading so much about self-delusion through not diligently following the prescribed methods I am worried about moving forward for fear of creating my own barriers later. And yes, I realize that self-defeatism and fear-paralysis belong on my mirror.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

March 27, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
Reply #211

skills_no_dogma

• Settling In

• View Profile
What exactly is the endgame of this book?  I want to learn how to heal my body, and conjure different emotional states in my body so that I can tackle different tasks. Is this book good for my goals?

March 27, 2011, 04:45:55 PM
Reply #212

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

March 28, 2011, 03:34:17 AM
Reply #213

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@skills_no_dogma: I would say, yes :).
Well, maybe for healing of physical and emotional body is Reiki better as it is a complete system made for this purpose.
But: For Reiki you need a master who will attune you (and who is expensive). You can use IIH to bypass this attunement requirement and then use Reiki.

March 29, 2011, 04:03:05 PM
Reply #214

skills_no_dogma

• Settling In

• View Profile
Why is emptiness a goal in Step 1, when all the rest of the exercises seems to focus more on focal meditation, and being able to develop all senses?

March 29, 2011, 05:28:28 PM
Reply #215

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Echo: the point of the first mental exercises is to learn how to maintain a single-pointed state of conscious awareness, whether it is on nothing, "the blackness", or a single item. So, if you're unsure of whether you are able to empty your mind, pick a single familiar object such as a spoon and hold that in your mind for 10 minutes.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

March 29, 2011, 05:41:48 PM
Reply #216

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Why is emptiness a goal in Step 1, when all the rest of the exercises seems to focus more on focal meditation, and being able to develop all senses?

Because, generally speaking, emptiness is harder to maintain than singularity. If there's something to focus on, the mind is more easily occupied. So, in one sense, it's overkill that assures your skill.

In another sense, it provides a good basis for many future skills. For instance, let's say you're communicating telepathically with another person / entity. If you have the ability to completely stop your own thought process and remain receptive, then you can be certain that you're not just auto-suggesting responses that you want to hear.

As to your previous question, this book supposedly teaches a complete system of initiation into total self-control--physical, mental, emotional, etcetera--and the control of the elements to various ends.

So if you follow it to the letter successfully, you'll have no problem with tackling anything, and will have a certain degree of clair-senses and magical power, as well. Your body will naturally heal and balance itself as part of the work, and you should be able to apply what you master about yourself to both others and the world around you.

Yeah, I'm excited, too. :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:47:56 PM by Animus »
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

March 30, 2011, 11:05:05 AM
Reply #217

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
IIH is way more intense than reiki. Progressing through IIH with require of you to achieve equilibrium between the elements in your astral and mental body, vastly enhance your vitality, and give you master of the fluids, elements, and vital force all of which can be used to strengthen the health and evolve oneself towards divinity. IIH because of its step by step training which builds upon eachother gives you control of very powerful energies which most other systems outside of being initiated directly by an adept(which is of course the best option) will not give you. Balancing the elements by itself will make someone very resilient to any negative influence, this combined with the ability to accumulate vitality as powerfully as bardon suggests will give one an incredible power to heal. Though in my experience the healing influence is magnified when combined with hatha yoga because hatha naturally strengthens and purifies your energy.

Just thought i'd throw in my two cents.

Now that I read another comment thought i'd also comment on this

First off it is necessary because while you can practice focal meditation from the beginning its necessary to develop the awareness of the mind first so you actually realize when your mind wanders. Most people won't realize their mind is even wandering! Another point is to gather control of the mind so that when later on mastering your imagination a wandering mind does not cause destruction in your life. Strong emotions and uncontrolled thoughts in someone who has trained their mind for even a few years will impact themselves, the people around them, and even the weater. So thought control is of much more value than you think at first. Though fortunetly without control of the mind you will not generate enough mental force to achieve the plastic imagination which causes changes.

That is not theory that is practical experience over the past few years.

March 30, 2011, 12:09:29 PM
Reply #218

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Jesse9209: Before I answer to your post, I should say this:
Reiki is split into three stages:
1) using energy for healing
2) using symbols to better control and strengthen effects of the healing
3) learning how to pass down Reiki to students

About stage 1:
You can use as much energy as your body can accept, healing goes somewhat automatical and in an intuitive way

About stage 2:
You learn how to use Reiki symbols during healing and this way better aim and control energy, also your body is able to accept more energy at this time.
You also learn how to heal on other planes (not just physical) and also how to do it on distance

About stage 3:
Your body can take even more energy and thanks to master symbol your healing is even more powerful. You also learn how to pass Reiki Attunement to next person.

About Reiki symbols:
Part of the legend where Mikao Usui got vision of these symbols is a lie.
These symbols have their origin in Tibetan Buddhism.
In fact, these symbols are 5 steps of Buddhistic Ascension.

About Reiki nowadays:
It is sad, but Reiki is currently used for business, which is bad as occult community won't accept it so easily.

Me and Reiki:
I didn't get Reiki using traditional way. Many of my rituals consisted of wish to heal someone and that's maybe why I've got ability to heal myself (It's a gift from God). Still, it was an ability sent to me without any manual.
Once during visit in a library I had found a very interesting book about Reiki, it charmed me so I have bought it and learned from it.
From what I have understood Reiki is not any power or energy, it's a way how to use energy from God and how to attune others so they are also able to use it, nothing else.

As both healing from IIH and Reiki uses the very same energy, just the procedure might be different, let me ask you, what's the difference between using symbols from Reiki or any other symbols including runes, hieroglyphs or hermetics?

March 30, 2011, 12:19:49 PM
Reply #219

Dancing_Crow

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Jai Guru Deva Om
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
IIH is way more intense than reiki. (snipped)

Different strokes for different folks. Reiki teaches that all is fundamentally "Universal Life Force Conscious Energy" and the first attunement experience makes you into a radio able to "tune into" this energy (which is everywhere/when no matter what path you follow). When I facilitate the healing of others, they do not always perceive in the same way that I perceive because their "radio" is tuned into a different station than I am. Each "level" of Reiki simply makes it so that you can tune into a larger and larger bandwidth.

If "Reiki" is not "intense" for you, it simply means that you are not yet ready for "Reiki Intensity" to put it mildly. In your next Reiki experience, open yourself up to the experience and let the Energy flow - you'll likely "find" the intensity you are looking for.

Attention follows Awareness after all (and vice versa).

Peace, Love and Infinite Light,
Dancing Crow
Reiki II Practitioner
"Allow the beauty and grace of what you love BE what you DO and KNOW."

March 30, 2011, 12:33:46 PM
Reply #220

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
However for healing IIH uses not only the "Universal Life Force Conscious Energy" which is the first energy the magician learns to work with as the vital force. However for healing the magician will also use the elements and the electric and magnetic fluids which can treat things much more effectively than the vital force or universal life force energy as you put it. While the vital force is very useful there are problems which require different qualities depending on the situation.

I don't mean to talk bad about reiki, I'm just pointing out that the training is much deeper in IIH than simply opening oneself to energy and that the above comment

@skills_no_dogma: I would say, yes :).
Well, maybe for healing of physical and emotional body is Reiki better as it is a complete system made for this purpose.
But: For Reiki you need a master who will attune you (and who is expensive). You can use IIH to bypass this attunement requirement and then use Reiki.

I'm simply pointing out that the IIH trains one in more ways to heal than simply using one energy so it leaves more options for healing. I'm not saying reiki cannot be effective, but that the IIH is at least no less effective towards healing in the hands of someone who has proper training. I meant no offense to reiki practicioners, I apoligize if any was taken.

March 30, 2011, 12:44:02 PM
Reply #221

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Jesse9209: That wasn't point of the post.
That universal reiki energy is not what you think it is :-). Take your elemental energies, mix them together with magnetic fluids, etc and you will get prima materia, raw Light, that's what is used in Reiki and that's also why skilled adept of IIH can use Reiki without any attunement...
To prove my point: Experienced Reiki teacher always says to his students to remove any electronical device before the attunement. It happened a lot of time that these devices (including watches, mobiles, etc) were destroyed during the attunement (and reason wasn't teacher was beating these devices with a stick).

Symbols are used to transform this energy and use it more properly (same as in IIH you work with different energies of the same origin to affect different planes). Main point of healing is always balancing energies in patient as this is the root of most diseases.

I cannot say whether Reiki or IIH method is better, there are typically the same results using different procedures.

In the end of the post I would like to say this:
It doesn't matter which method you use for healing. Whether it is MPL, Reiki, Voodoo, Tikiwakti, whatever. Important is Love. Find that power in your heart and no obstacle is big enough :-)

May God bless you :-)

March 30, 2011, 12:45:22 PM
Reply #222

Dancing_Crow

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Jai Guru Deva Om
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
However for healing IIH uses not only the "Universal Life Force Conscious Energy" which is the first energy the magician learns to work with as the vital force. However for healing the magician will also use the elements and the electric and magnetic fluids which can treat things much more effectively than the vital force or universal life force energy as you put it. While the vital force is very useful there are problems which require different qualities depending on the situation.

I don't mean to talk bad about reiki, I'm just pointing out that the training is much deeper in IIH than simply opening oneself to energy and that the above comment

I love discussion. My ego isn't involved in this discussion as it helps me deepen my own understanding of my practice. Reiki is deep - I would say just as deep as IIH but I've never experienced IIH practices so I can't comment on that. The fundamental difference between IIH and Reiki that I am hearing is: IIH keeps the "control" in the hands of the magician. Whereas in Reiki, we as practitioners surrender that control to "Universal Life Force Conscious Energy" and the "Energy" "knows" and "does" in accordance with the individual's Highest Good.

I'm simply pointing out that the IIH trains one in more ways to heal than simply using one energy so it leaves more options for healing. I'm not saying reiki cannot be effective, but that the IIH is at least no less effective towards healing in the hands of someone who has proper training. I meant no offense to reiki practicioners, I apoligize if any was taken.

"Universal Conscious Life Force Energy" isn't just "one" energy it is "sum" of all energies. It is "God/Goddess" archetype given another name. (at least this is my experience so far). No offense taken - I am happy to talk about my Reiki practice with others as it helps me deepen my practice.

Peace, Love and Infinite Light,
Dancing Crow
Reiki II Practitioner
"Allow the beauty and grace of what you love BE what you DO and KNOW."

March 30, 2011, 02:07:30 PM
Reply #223

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I look at this as a way to improve our understanding and don't want to offend.

The vital force is indeed a combination of all of the energies I mentioned. So I would say we are talking about the same thing, the vital force is the energy of God from the higher spheres into the etheric realm undifferentiated by the elements. So the vital force naturally contains all forces within it, this however means that while it can create balance in some cases a more specific energy may be needed. For example in IIH we use the vital force to naturally balance the elements within us so that we can practice with the specific elements without creating an imbalance in ourselves.

I have a few concerns with reiki based on the technique, correct me if i'm wrong. You flow energy through yourself and into the patient which would naturally form a connection between the two of you. This creates a possibility for the negative influence from both the sender or receiver, for instance this connects your life force with the sick life force. Another danger which i've run into is the charictaristics of the person being healed become imprinted on your own personality. In some instances this can lead to a strange emotional disturbance. The last problem I can think of with this is the dangers of a wandering mind, a wandering mind when working with energy can cause a nearly limitless supply of problems. For instance if the thought drifts onto something causing anger it could cause the energy to be harsh and destructive. In IIH this is avoided through at least a years worth of training the mind before work with the vital force is undertaken.

These are just my worries based on what I know about reiki and most healing done in the manner.

March 30, 2011, 02:16:15 PM
Reply #224

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Jesse9209: You are right to some extent...
Side effects are common for unexperienced healers (in both Reiki and IIH practice) and even for over-experienced healers who by mistake take Karmic debt to themselves (like in case of Frantisek Bardon).
That's also why I have said that most important is Love which you find in your heart, that was a hidden message.

Commonly, energy origins in Solar Plexus chakra which is also chakra used by most healers for healing. This is the cause of these side-effects.
When using any other chakra than heart you are both wasting your own energy and harming yourself.
On the other hand, when you use only heart chakra for healing, you will find out that not only you don't spend your own energy, but after the healing procedure, both healer and patient feel much better.

Regarding karmic debt: This also can be "healed". During attunement the master works as a bridge which leads bad Karma from patient the ground. Erasing of karmic debt is a reward for becoming healer. But: Not every Reiki master is aware of this.