Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 571915 times)

July 06, 2010, 06:10:10 PM
Reply #150

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I once found this website and was wondering if it was for real. I never really got to stop and try to feel the vibrations because I always thought it was somewhat pretentious.
"Get the blessings by meditating on an image on a screen" seems sort of unfitting for me. I'd like to know what others around here think about this.

July 08, 2010, 03:14:05 PM
Reply #151

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I once found this website and was wondering if it was for real. I never really got to stop and try to feel the vibrations because I always thought it was somewhat pretentious.
"Get the blessings by meditating on an image on a screen" seems sort of unfitting for me. I'd like to know what others around here think about this.

You should feel the vibrartory energy from each candle. They are spot on. Whoever made that webpage is probaly the best Bardon student alive

July 08, 2010, 04:58:10 PM
Reply #152

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Weren't you supposed to feel only the energy for your own step?

July 08, 2010, 07:10:51 PM
Reply #153

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Weren't you supposed to feel only the energy for your own step?

Yes, you are suppossed to feel the energy for any particular step that your working on. You should have a vibrartory energy that corresponds to that partiuclar step, when you've completely accomplished that step.

I looked at each step and saw that the energy, became denser and denser, with each step as it progressed towards step 10.

I was just commenting, that I could see that each step had the proper veibrartory energy for the completetion of each step.

I was wondering who owned the site and who made the pictures, because they did a perfect job.

July 09, 2010, 08:26:14 AM
Reply #154

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I should try it, but I have trouble defining where is the east from my standpoint.  :P

July 09, 2010, 08:56:36 AM
Reply #155

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I should try it, but I have trouble defining where is the east from my standpoint.  :P

Go to a dollar store and buy a cheap compass. Or take/make a pendulum and dowse out which direction is east, from where you are.

July 09, 2010, 05:19:54 PM
Reply #156

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
I should try it, but I have trouble defining where is the east from my standpoint.  :P

Open a window, or go outside, find the sun.

Orient yourself from that to get a general direction.

After that, make slight modifications to your angle based on what feels right. Your body knows.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

July 22, 2010, 09:01:20 PM
Reply #157

Kell

• Settling In

• View Profile
Starting step 1 tonight  :D
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

July 23, 2010, 02:24:45 AM
Reply #158

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Congratulations. I won't say good luck, because that is for the weak.  :P

August 02, 2010, 09:55:46 AM
Reply #159

sayspo

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I just got a real copy of the book.  I dont keep up with things that arent tangible(i.e. ebooks) .  I wanted to get serious with the book, so I purchased it.   I got a hardcover copy of the book for $12.50 + shipping.  

http://www.psionicsonline.net
PsionicsOnline .: Psionic Blogs, Articles, Media and Community

August 02, 2010, 10:29:56 AM
Reply #160

Culukeh

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Gazer upon the Night Sky
    • View Profile
I am very interested in the whole system. However I feel I lack the will to pursue it though I love to read people's experiences with it and Rawn Clark's lectures are really great.  At the moment I feel caught between a draw of two systems, this one and another which appeals to me but that I have no real proof that I actually get anywhere spiritually with it. I'm not quite sure right now, but what these systems have in common is their underlying push for spiritual growth and becoming the Higher Self.
Being at a philosophical crossroads is no fun. :(
Only after the last fish is caught, and the last river poisoned; Only after the last tree is cut, will you find that money cannot be eaten.

August 02, 2010, 02:09:45 PM
Reply #161

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
You could tell us what is this other system and someone might be able to guide you. Anyways, most people around here will swear by the IIH.

August 02, 2010, 02:15:02 PM
Reply #162

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
IIH alone will give good spiritual growth however its best supplemented with some yogic practices such as pranayama or kriya yoga. Magic and yoga compliment each other in many ways so if your after spiritual growth and desire magical training IIH and yoga is a very good way to go.

What is the other system your interested in?

August 02, 2010, 03:52:32 PM
Reply #163

Culukeh

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Gazer upon the Night Sky
    • View Profile
Its an odd little system by the name of Night Magick.  http://www.nightmagick.com/
Before I say much else, I will say this. I am not certain of everything in this system of course. The worldview is similar to something I hold myself, from the little I know of energetics. Its...difficult for me to explain exactly. I believe we are all children of the soul of this world, and I think striving to become your Oversoul  and training your bodies, subtle and gross, to hold more and more of its vibration is an excellent goal.
That being said, comparing it to something like IIH it seems...woefully incomplete. I wonder, as I've wondered for a system like Theosophy, if a lot of the training was 'offline' so to speak, as in, your spiritual guides filled in a lot of the blanks. I don't think I know any one who has walked this whole path and stands completed (I say this as if you could easily do such a thing in one life, but...). However here and elsewhere I have seen the work of people who have completed IIH and beyond. They have become their Higher Selves which I personally think should be the goal of magick (just my opinion!).
The trees bear fruit according to their nature. Night Magick does speak to me, on some subtle level.  So does Bardon. Does it matter at the end if the goal is the same? Perhaps not, but I guess my cautious nature bleeds through and I want to be certain I do not wander into a spiritual dead end. I am also practical;  I wish to see progress and want to do as little damage to myself in the process as possible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:53:50 PM by Culukeh »
Only after the last fish is caught, and the last river poisoned; Only after the last tree is cut, will you find that money cannot be eaten.

August 03, 2010, 02:45:38 PM
Reply #164

Circlebound

• View Profile
    • My facebook profile
   I am following the course work of Initiation into Hermetics. Like most others who have commented, I am also one step one. I wish success to all others on the path.
)O( Cage )O(