Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
46 (15.5%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.8%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.9%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.6%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.5%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 296

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 569215 times)

November 18, 2008, 08:49:50 AM
Reply #90

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
wow, thank you  Veos and Take a bow for the interesting reading! Infact all the infomation shared here on the IIH is very helpful. Somehow these  posts got by me until know.

November 19, 2008, 04:34:05 PM
Reply #91

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
Aside from my previous post on the former page, I would also like to add that you should never believe anybody who claims to have completed steps 9 and 10 to their full extent unless you have personally experienced their power.  What are some aspects of such a magician?
1) Immortal Mental Body that retains consciousness between lives
2) Immortal Astral Body that will not need to be retrained in future lives
3) Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience coupled with divine love
4) Self-Realization
5) Mastery of the spheres
6) Mastery over the material world, astral world and mental world with the Authority of a God
7) Complete Self-Realization
8. Perfect balance of character
9) Clairvoyance, Clairaudience and Clairsentience which knows no bounds
10) Miraculous healing ability through mastery of the electric and magnetic fluids
What do you base this upon , please ? Kindly quote and cite supportive text .

It would seem that you gave a timeline for practical completion and then argue against yourself within that is nearly impossible to complete IIH . These perspectives seem contrary and in opposition to each other .

I am confident that the completion of the 10 Step Path does not and could not afford such lofty ideals as you have listed here . It is not meant to provide enlightenment . It is a framework for future magical workings . It is a scaffolding and not the "end all, be all ".

And I am confident that Bardon ,who wrote the text, was the most authoritative source . Since he claimed it could be completed and that it would take a few years of practice and dedication to do so , why should others expect that it was an impossible ideal to complete in one lifetime ?

Further to this , it seems to me that by supporting a myth that IIH is unattainable that excuse is given for lack of effort or achievement in that magical regard .

.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

November 19, 2008, 06:31:53 PM
Reply #92

Dazza

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Rise up and become light!
    • View Profile
Wow, did we read the same post?

To quote Veos "For this reason, I will say that while every person is capable of doing this, only very few ever do and they are generally few and far between. "

I am sure he wouldnt have written a guide if he thought it was impossible to finnish.

December 14, 2008, 07:39:09 AM
Reply #93

Vir Fortunae Lucisque

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Aspirant - Rising from the Armchair
    • View Profile
I'd say that if many had achieved these steps, the world would probably be slightly to greatly different.
Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. ~ Horace
Credo ut intelligam. ~ St. Augustine

December 18, 2008, 01:13:54 PM
Reply #94

Csabthehun

• View Profile
IIH serves as the backbone of my current practice and I'm introducing other practices too, primary taken from the Veritas magic articles. Also martial arts and yoga from the beginning of next year.

Are you aware of this IHH commentary: http://highmagic.net/pdf/exposition.pdf

It details Step I of IHH in a quite intriguing way. Worth a look.

January 13, 2009, 09:15:25 AM
Reply #95

Ice Wolf

• Personal Text
    Love is ice cold
    • View Profile
I tooka look at this forum and im going to start as soon as possible. :) :santa:
The timber wolves will be our friends
We'll stay up late and howl,
At the moon, till nighttime ends,
Before going on the prowl
-Calvin, "Calvin and Hobbes"

February 20, 2009, 05:52:27 AM
Reply #96

Albatross

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Per aspera ad astrum.
    • View Profile
    • Sure of Speech
Are you aware of this IHH commentary: http://highmagic.net/pdf/exposition.pdf

Thanks very much for this link, Csabthehun. From what I've read so far, I would definitely recommend that anyone on step 1 of IIH read this (it's only 19 pages - not too much of a chore  :P).
Silence legion, save your poison,
Silence legion, stay out of my way!
-Tool, Jambi

May 21, 2009, 03:36:03 PM
Reply #97

cowen

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    *yawn*
    • View Profile
Never heard of this actually, and to be honest, while valid, I consider following the paradigms set up by others as a waste of time. Hence why I'm a Chaote.
Nothing is unforgivable. If you deem something as such, you are just not willing to forgive.

- - -

Change is a matter of a little death, and death is only a matter of a little pain. That is why it pains us to change and grow.

May 21, 2009, 06:34:43 PM
Reply #98

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Why do you see it as a waste of time?
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

June 08, 2009, 06:50:33 AM
Reply #99

MANUELF

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Psion/Mage/Scientist of Metaphysics
    • View Profile
I have practiced 1or2 times the hermetics, but I didn't have the time to bother too much with only ONE of the many virtius of magic (and metaphysics in general)... maybe now, that we have summer, I will...
sapio-opto-praesumo, quod servo vestri silentium
γνωση-θεληση-τολμη, και κρατα την σιωπη σου
savoir - vouloir - oser , et garde ton silence
know-will-dare, and keep your silence

June 18, 2009, 10:46:02 PM
Reply #100

lazarus

• Personal Text
    Join the Initiative! Read Mysterium Magazine!
    • View Profile
    • Mysterium Magazine Philippines
New here... Hi everyone..

For what its  Worth IIH is a good guide to start with but i strongly disagree with Master Bardons rigid structure.. If one were to take literally his training mod your like to finish only the first book at a later age in life :teethy: never the less im in the process of experimenting with his 2nd book and the spirits within and i must say i am very satisfied with some of the results.

LVX
Look into the Mirror... what do you see?? what don't you see????

June 18, 2009, 11:31:23 PM
Reply #101

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
For what its  Worth IIH is a good guide to start with but i strongly disagree with Master Bardons rigid structure.. If one were to take literally his training mod your like to finish only the first book at a later age in life :teethy: never the less im in the process of experimenting with his 2nd book and the spirits within and i must say i am very satisfied with some of the results.

Of course it takes time, do you think you can merge with God in a few hours? Actually, I think Bardon's timetables are extremely low, it takes most people considerably more time to get through the steps. And about your success with the second book, I very much doubts that you had any good results (apart from self-delusion) if you haven't completed steps 1-8 from the IIH or an equal system of training. However, if you are satisfied with the results you have, then I shall not try to stop you from 'going on'.

~Tempestum

June 19, 2009, 12:25:22 AM
Reply #102

lazarus

• Personal Text
    Join the Initiative! Read Mysterium Magazine!
    • View Profile
    • Mysterium Magazine Philippines
alas.. I believe i can be the only one to judge that.. since i was the one who did the evocations. .Like I said I did not do the practices through bardons method but incorporated my own (primarily through methods suggested by Konstantinos) None the less I was very much convinced that Magick is foremost Subjective.

So much for delusions eh?

Look into the Mirror... what do you see?? what don't you see????

June 20, 2009, 05:41:02 AM
Reply #103

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
The thing is, you really can't use his second or third books without first completely at least the first 8 steps in his IIH. To do that takes years.

If one were to take literally his training mod your like to finish only the first book at a later age in life
If you're looking for a "fast" way, you really shouldn't be reading the IIH. If you're looking for a way to true union with God and mastery over yourself (and consequently your environment), then by all means continue learning from the IIH. Just don't expect to finish it in less than...oh, 5 years perhaps? That's really only if you devoutly practice, too.

June 20, 2009, 08:07:48 AM
Reply #104

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
The thing is, you really can't use his second or third books without first completely at least the first 8 steps in his IIH. To do that takes years.

If one were to take literally his training mod your like to finish only the first book at a later age in life
If you're looking for a "fast" way, you really shouldn't be reading the IIH. If you're looking for a way to true union with God and mastery over yourself (and consequently your environment), then by all means continue learning from the IIH. Just don't expect to finish it in less than...oh, 5 years perhaps? That's really only if you devoutly practice, too.

I thought it took about 5 years to complete Step 1-8, and then another 5 years or more for step 9, as well as 5 for step 10. So, I would say it would take you at least 15 years of devout practice. The thing is, if you are not going to practice Magic (mind the capital 'M') for the rest of your life, don't bother even starting. Either way, Dea, wasn't there something about this in Veos' commentary? (The timetables of the IIH, I mean.)

~Tempestum