Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 571834 times)

October 18, 2008, 01:52:29 AM
Reply #75

Wushi

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Om Namah Shivaya
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to it!
Konx Om Pax

October 18, 2008, 02:00:49 AM
Reply #76

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Aside from my previous post on the former page, I would also like to add that you should never believe anybody who claims to have completed steps 9 and 10 to their full extent unless you have personally experienced their power.  What are some aspects of such a magician?
1) Immortal Mental Body that retains consciousness between lives
2) Immortal Astral Body that will not need to be retrained in future lives
3) Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience coupled with divine love
4) Self-Realization
5) Mastery of the spheres
6) Mastery over the material world, astral world and mental world with the Authority of a God
7) Complete Self-Realization
8. Perfect balance of character
9) Clairvoyance, Clairaudience and Clairsentience which knows no bounds
10) Miraculous healing ability through mastery of the electric and magnetic fluids

Now let us match these up to Bardon according to the fruit which steps 9 and 10 should yield:  1 and 2 are confirmed by the circumstances of his coming into this world, of which such a drastic change took place in the boy Franz Bardon that even his school teacher's noticed, saying how over night (when the Bardon we know took over his body) the personality had completely changed, the verbal expressions had changed, knowledge had changed, and his hand-writing (according to his professors) was completely different.  The testimonies of his son Lumir Bardon, his father Victor Bardon, his secretary Otti Vottavova and his student Dr.M.K attest to 3, 4 and 6.  His books show #5. 7 is implied from 1,2 and 3.  All who knew him could attest to #8, though his physical body could be balanced due to Karma.  Bardon was not allowed do exercise any magic at all upon his physical body due to the original Karma of the body.  9 was demonstrated frequently and gained him a wide-spread fame very quickly.  10 is ultimately one of the reasons he was arrested in the first place, along with the miraculous healings he did through Alchemy. 

Anyone who claims to have completed steps 1-10 will possess the above attributes.  For this reason, I will say that while every person is capable of doing this, only very few ever do and they are generally few and far between.   What is usually the case with most people who are not bloating false successes is that they have completed steps 1-8, and are working on 9 and 10.  You will work on 9 for years, and can work on 10 for a lifetime.  I do not consider some basic success on the mental realm with steps 9 and 10 (which is how many do the entire training!) to be anywhere near completion, let alone mastery of those steps!   
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

October 18, 2008, 06:07:09 AM
Reply #77

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
That you for that lovely piece of information Veos, I really enjoyed it!

October 18, 2008, 01:03:48 PM
Reply #78

Wushi

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Om Namah Shivaya
    • View Profile
Konx Om Pax

October 18, 2008, 02:25:43 PM
Reply #79

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Aside from my previous post on the former page, I would also like to add that you should never believe anybody who claims to have completed steps 9 and 10 to their full extent unless you have personally experienced their power.  What are some aspects of such a magician?
1) Immortal Mental Body that retains consciousness between lives
2) Immortal Astral Body that will not need to be retrained in future lives
3) Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience coupled with divine love
4) Self-Realization
5) Mastery of the spheres
6) Mastery over the material world, astral world and mental world with the Authority of a God
7) Complete Self-Realization
8. Perfect balance of character
9) Clairvoyance, Clairaudience and Clairsentience which knows no bounds
10) Miraculous healing ability through mastery of the electric and magnetic fluids

Now let us match these up to Bardon according to the fruit which steps 9 and 10 should yield:  1 and 2 are confirmed by the circumstances of his coming into this world, of which such a drastic change took place in the boy Franz Bardon that even his school teacher's noticed, saying how over night (when the Bardon we know took over his body) the personality had completely changed, the verbal expressions had changed, knowledge had changed, and his hand-writing (according to his professors) was completely different.  The testimonies of his son Lumir Bardon, his father Victor Bardon, his secretary Otti Vottavova and his student Dr.M.K attest to 3, 4 and 6.  His books show #5. 7 is implied from 1,2 and 3.  All who knew him could attest to #8, though his physical body could be balanced due to Karma.  Bardon was not allowed do exercise any magic at all upon his physical body due to the original Karma of the body.  9 was demonstrated frequently and gained him a wide-spread fame very quickly.  10 is ultimately one of the reasons he was arrested in the first place, along with the miraculous healings he did through Alchemy. 

Anyone who claims to have completed steps 1-10 will possess the above attributes.  For this reason, I will say that while every person is capable of doing this, only very few ever do and they are generally few and far between.   What is usually the case with most people who are not bloating false successes is that they have completed steps 1-8, and are working on 9 and 10.  You will work on 9 for years, and can work on 10 for a lifetime.  I do not consider some basic success on the mental realm with steps 9 and 10 (which is how many do the entire training!) to be anywhere near completion, let alone mastery of those steps!   

Two questions. What makes #7 more complete than #4? And... if one has become properly Self-Realized, then why would it take years and a lifetime to complete steps 9 and 10? I'm working off the understanding that a Self-Realized soul would know the Universal analogies and therefore be able to use this wisdom to its advancement. Using the higher to transform the lower, the way of Masters, if you will.
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

October 19, 2008, 11:11:14 AM
Reply #80

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
It was a typo.  Meant to say God-Realized.  Difference in level of consciousness. 

October 19, 2008, 12:00:56 PM
Reply #81

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

October 20, 2008, 12:15:35 PM
Reply #82

Bad Warrior

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
So when somebody practices, gets to step 8 and dies in an accident, he has to start again in a new life?
In vino veritas!

October 20, 2008, 04:50:51 PM
Reply #83

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
  You always have to retrain the astral body unless the astral body has become immortal with rigorous practice.  The mind will remember, at least subconsciously, its previous training though.  So in such an incident, the person in his next life would be able to progress through the training much faster than normal in recapitulation.  Also, if step 8 has been mastered then he can continue to train in his astral and mental bodies after his physical death for as long as Divine Providence will allow him. 

October 27, 2008, 12:09:38 AM
Reply #84

Take A Bow

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    A Student
    • View Profile
I think this might be of some interest to everyone here. At the start of college a few years ago, I became a fan of the psychic Edgar Cayce. In studying Edgar Cayce's life readings for the innumerable people who came to him, I found that some people had past incarnations as magicians. The magick described by the readings nicely dovetails into Bardon's Hermetics.

"5277-1 19. The entity then learned from nature, understanding of the manifesting of life in the earth. The entity had the abilities in the hands to make things, to bring to pass in the experiences of others by using what is sometimes called magic. It is natural law of attraction or repulsion of activities by rote of mind, as well as elements in nature itself; for, as is understood by those who would interpret man correctly, the body-physical if alive is composed of all the elements in the earth. Some have antipathy, others have attraction, and the attraction may be used to create, or antipathy may be made to work against or produce thoughts, conditions, emotions in the bodies of others.
20. These the entity used, not too seriously, yet to its own questioning by others.
21. Thus in the present, in relationships which have been with peoples and groups, sometimes a question mark, and yet greater are the abilities of the entity even in the present to use divine science, or divine attraction, to bring to pass in its experience those things which may help or hinder. "

2386-1 30. The name then was Tep-Lepan. The entity gained, the entity lost; gained during the periods of deeper thought and meditation, lost in the period of grudges, the period of attempt to apply necromancy as related to the magic, or the 2386-1 Page 5 reasonings. Magicians then were not merely sleight of hand performers, or prestidigitators, or those who worked mysteries, but rather they were - as would be termed today - the lawyers, or the students of laws of EVERY nature pertaining to the ruling and directing of the subjects of a kingdom or of a household.
"There IS a law, if I could but know!"
33. Again that counsel, that admonition, - know that the answer is ever within self. For, He - the ruler - He, the love - He, the God of the universal forces - will not leave thy questions unanswered, if ye seek to know same in and through Him; and the answer will find materialization in mind and THEN in materiality in self.
2386-1 34. Study then to show thyself approved unto that ideal ye choose; knowing there is the necessity of combining, coordinating, cooperating with the universal forces and consciousness within. "

"1724-4 35. The entity then became much acquainted with the influence in the Alexandrian land, and there we find the activities or interests were in the unusual, the mysteries, those things which delved into the abilities of individuals to use the unseen forces; or to work in what would be called by some MAGIC, by others those influences in which the elementals were used for activities upon the higher tension of the mental forces of individuals. "

--B

November 17, 2008, 09:41:44 AM
Reply #85

Rina.Yaxow

• Personal Text
    -perfection.is.despair-
    • View Profile
I have a question to ask. I'm starting with step one, and I wanna know if I need to follow strictly the described rutine. I mean - showers in the morning? And putting face in the water with tea (for good skin and sight)? I MUST do that in the morning or it'd be okay if I do it at the afternoon? Example at 4 o'clock when I get home? Because mornings are kinda sleepy. I apologize if my question maybe sounds stupid. But I like to complicate things and here I am. XD
"The enemy is one, you are one, what is there to fear?"
"Stand up, gaze forward; hesitate and you will die, retreat and you will age..."

November 17, 2008, 09:51:08 AM
Reply #86

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
You don't "have to" do anything. :P The face in the water is more of an 'additional thing' really. However, cold showers in the morning are good if your morning are kinda sleepy, lol.

Personally I wake up, stretch for a couple of minutes immediately, then scrub my body with a brush or rough towel. After that I wash my body with cold water from a bucket or when I can manage, in the tub where I plunge (I'm afraid the desert does not lead well to much cold water, even in the morning...so I have to leave it overnight). Then I get out and just rub myself down with HANDS only and put clothes on over while still slightly wet. You will be warm when you put the clothes on top if the water was cold enough. Then I do a small bit of vigorous exercise just to make it properly warm. It refreshes me for the whole day. :)

So er...to sum up. You don't have to do anything. But it is advised to do the shower thing in the morning. (the face could be done whenever, or not at all). You also want to have yourself doing the practices at times that are spread out through the day a bit if possible. Stretching is also recommended in morning to get day started well.

November 17, 2008, 12:19:43 PM
Reply #87

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
The advice for washing the face, the eyes, and the different methods of washing the hands are all suggestions. The shower is the one he talks about becoming a habit in step 2.

You also want to have yourself doing the practices at times that are spread out through the day a bit if possible.
I have found everywhere I have read or heard the exact opposite. Also from my own experience it is much better to do them all in the 2 times, usually morning and right before bed, that you do your practices. Bardon also says this.

Not that it doesn't help to do one or the other practice when you have sufficient time, but where did you come to the idea that spacing out the practices is better than trying to keep them in a dense block of time?(I am really asking, NOT a rhetorical tool)

The general answer though would be "Yes, follow the routine."  because that is the way he intended it to be done.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

November 17, 2008, 06:00:28 PM
Reply #88

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Maybe I should have been more clear. By spread out I mean the practices should be done more than once a day, at an interval that is somewhat removed from the other period. Fitting in with your 'twice a day' - though besides that, Bardon suggests introspecting whenever you have free time. Doing some thought control before introspection only helps

November 18, 2008, 08:21:08 AM
Reply #89

Rina.Yaxow

• Personal Text
    -perfection.is.despair-
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your answers.  :)
"The enemy is one, you are one, what is there to fear?"
"Stand up, gaze forward; hesitate and you will die, retreat and you will age..."