Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
46 (15.5%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.8%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.9%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.6%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.5%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 296

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 569145 times)

August 17, 2008, 07:55:07 PM
Reply #60

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
Ah, I get it now. Wow.  :headwall:
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

August 17, 2008, 09:32:25 PM
Reply #61

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Great! Never stop wondering if you could know more about how to do something.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

August 19, 2008, 02:57:27 PM
Reply #62

Big Boss

• Posts By Osmosis

• Friggen Crazy

• Personal Text
    Owner of 100000 V-Points
    • View Profile
    • I'm a trendy blogger now.
i fail

Why do you say that? What constitutes failure?
Join my Folding@Home team and do some good! #159490

Details at http://folding.stanford.edu/

August 19, 2008, 08:35:06 PM
Reply #63

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I think they deleted their post BB. Also in this case I could see how someone could think they failed if they could never get past the first step. But I never let that slow me down yet.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

August 27, 2008, 12:23:57 PM
Reply #64

ThrasherCub

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    "Sir, here's your food, ma'am"
    • View Profile
I don't use it as I've discovered my own system quite a while ago that works fine for me.  Though looking through it I've accomplished pretty much all of that, having skipped a few parts.

I'll certainly consider integrating it into my current practices though.
"You're an idiot wrapped in a moron"

September 17, 2008, 10:09:14 AM
Reply #65

Lord Bludwin

• Settling In

• View Profile
ok, sorry to dig this up but i really have to know. those people who say they don't use the IIH system: what the heck have you been reading instead? for well over a year i searched the internet and through books for about two hours every single day and i never found a better system or advanced more quickly than when i followed that book.  :eek:

September 17, 2008, 04:23:12 PM
Reply #66

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Everyone has different paths. And Yoga has a pretty good system as well.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

September 17, 2008, 08:19:39 PM
Reply #67

Watchtower

• Posts By Osmosis

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Contemplative Panentheist
    • View Profile
Everyone has different paths.

:)

Also, some people are not introduced to magic via the internet, nor do they learn primarily from books.
"For no matter how holy works may be, they do not make us holy because we do them, but in so far as we within ourselves are as we should be, we make holy all that we do, whether it be eating, or sleeping, or working, or what it may."

-Eckhart von Hochheim

September 19, 2008, 07:08:16 AM
Reply #68

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
Aunt Clair's statements of being able to jump around in the IIH progression is a little incorrect. ...However, remember that they are in a certain order for a reason and while Aunt Clair claims to have taught and learned with others in rather eclectic manners, the few Hermetic magicians here who clearly blow Aunt Clair out of the water in both ability and learning strongly advocate a strict adherance to the IIH, if the aspirant desires to practice straight up hermetics. After the IIH comes other books by Franz Bardon which, for practical purposes, require a pretty much complete command of the practices and theories found in the IIH.

~Steve

This is just one more personal insult , Steve. Who  else on this forum has even claimed to have any prowess with Hermetic Magick or with IIH ?  Posts indicate Veritas members have not got past step III . Certainly nobody else seems to be offering any Hermetic advice or understandings in reply to any post in the archives.

Beyond this , nothing else that Bardon wrote is better than IIH or as widely and popularly recieved. Bardon's other books which supposedly are the subsequent Tarot Cards of the Magician are not articulated as well and magicians have found fault with his KTTK and PME these are not highly favoured. IIH is a brilliant classic text but his others are not as worthwhile.

@Kichara, it is peculiar how you deride me for defending myself but then claim I am fault for derailing the thread. If someone here at VS can blow me out of the water as Steve claims and you imply. Whom is that ?
What can they feel clairsentiently?
What can they see clairvoyantly?
What can they hear clairaudiently?
Whom can they call in evocation?
Where have they flown in projection?
What have they manifested ?
What works have they completed?

I did not jump around in my own workings with IIH. Instead I followed Robert Bruce's instruction to read it all the way through and then begin at Step I and worked forward. I completed the Ten Step Path the first time with capable magicians in a home circle and then went again and worked forward and worked towards completion with peers, online.

have been online discussing magick with peers since 1994.  And others whom I am sure are capable magicians do use bits of IIH to assist them in their paradigm. Those who have no idea how to fly should not pretend they understand magick . It is a shame to stifle a truly gifted magician and give them doubts. On VS rather than helping each other to ascend in Magick , the bully boys here deride and disparage and bully new comers and those who discuss real magick. Get out of the armchair and fly. Open your eyes and see.
Then discuss IIH with me.

I am clairvoyant, my true magician peers project to me and I project to them. They speak in projection and they teach me from their Higher Self in dreamstate. Those who can not see or fly don't "blow" anyone "out of the water" but their little rubber ducky. Armchair magicians don't impress me much.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:30:39 PM by Aunt Clair »
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

September 19, 2008, 09:02:15 AM
Reply #69

Cheezee

• Posts By Osmosis

• YRAH!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Parlor Magician
    • View Profile
Ok, let me put it this way: Most of those who followed the IIH to including step III are probably "better" than those who jumped around in it. Plus, let's face it: we don't have any proof of your skill you claim.

September 19, 2008, 10:02:01 AM
Reply #70

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
we don't have any proof of your skill you claim.

And I don't have any proof of Prophecy's claim, yet I believe him.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

September 19, 2008, 11:58:20 AM
Reply #71

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Aunt Clair's statements of being able to jump around in the IIH progression is a little incorrect. ...However, remember that they are in a certain order for a reason and while Aunt Clair claims to have taught and learned with others in rather eclectic manners, the few Hermetic magicians here who clearly blow Aunt Clair out of the water in both ability and learning strongly advocate a strict adherance to the IIH, if the aspirant desires to practice straight up hermetics. After the IIH comes other books by Franz Bardon which, for practical purposes, require a pretty much complete command of the practices and theories found in the IIH.

~Steve

This is just one more personal insult , Steve . Who  else on this forum has even claimed to have any prowess with Hermetic Magick or with IIH ?  Posts indicate Veritas members have not got past step III . Certainly nobody else seems to be offering any Hermetic advice or understandings in reply to any post in the archives.

Beyond this , nothing else that Bardon wrote is better than IIH or as widely and popularly recieved .

I don't see that as helping discussion in anyway and asked you not to "scuffle" in this thread. If you are offended by someone please just PM them about it, Aunt Clair.

That applies for others as well. We all know that there are people on Veritas who do not trust Aunt Clair and I am sure there are people who do trust her here, but this thread WILL NOT be turned into a big argument with Aunt Clair. Or a place to talk bad about her.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

September 19, 2008, 12:24:36 PM
Reply #72

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Taking charge, Kichara- Nice. : P
So, as we can tell, it's probably not a good thing to jump around.

September 19, 2008, 09:48:40 PM
Reply #73

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Everyone: Please do not turn this into another thread against Aunt Clair. What I said was what I said, and I will not reply to it any further. It was not meant to start a discussion or an argument; it was simply my statement. She has replied to me, now please just let it lie. Do not carry it further.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

October 17, 2008, 11:12:44 PM
Reply #74

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Do not skip anything in IIH, Practice of Magical Evocation, or Key to the True Kabballah.  To do so or even suggest it is to say that you understand the intricacies of Bardon's system better than he did, which is an insult to the Master.  Skipping is the result of impatience which stems from not having completed even the step II training of the Mirrors of the Soul.

I will tell you a story about Bardon.  In a previous life he was once the student of a Tibetan Lama.  His Guru gave him a needle and told him to go to a friend of his (the guru's) a long distance away.  Bardon made this journey by foot, and when he arrived the other monk did not care in the slightest about the needle, not even acknowledging it.  The monk sent him back to his Guru.  When arriving at his guru's residence, the Guru told him to take it back to the monk, and then the monk (after the long walk) told him to take it back to the Guru.  Bardon became more and more impatient and annoyed, until finally he realized the necessity of peace and patience (for patience stems from peace) and learned the lesson that he was being taught.  He had made this trip 14 times before he finally came to this realization and his Guru did not send him to the monk again.  This story was told by Bardon to his disciple Dr. M.K and is recalled by the latter in his "Memories of Franz Bardon" which is co-authored with Bardon's son Lumir.  He told Dr.M.K the story for the exact same reason that I just mentioned it. 

As a side note, my commentary on Bardon's IIH steps 1-8 is coming along very well.  currently I have finished the commentary on steps 1-5 (30 pages worth) and am working on the commentary to Step 6.  I think everyone here who is interested will find it a great help to their progress in IIH.  I have not extended the commentary to steps 9 and 10 because both steps will take even a gifted student 8-10 years to master.  Steps 1-8 will give the student the necessities to progress to magical evocation and practical Kabbalah as per Bardon's instructions at which point he will understand how to properly progress through steps 9 and 10 via the magically-trained intuition and spiritual tutors.   
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham