Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
46 (15.7%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (38.2%)
Kinda, of and on again.
52 (17.7%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
48 (16.4%)
No, What is IIH?
27 (9.2%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 293

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 540121 times)

April 06, 2008, 08:58:27 AM
Reply #15

Wushi

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Om Namah Shivaya
    • View Profile
Thanks ;) I'll start small and work from there
Konx Om Pax

April 15, 2008, 02:35:54 PM
Reply #16

Tala

• Personal Text
    The Black Wolf
    • View Profile
At the moment i'm on step I. I just started a few days ago. It's a very interesting read. Also i'm not just doing IIH alone. I'm reading up on so others. So i can have a variety of sorces.
"There is nothing either good or bad - but thinking makes it so"

-William Shakespeare "Hamlet"

April 22, 2008, 11:37:20 AM
Reply #17

bleaching_light

• Settling In

• View Profile
just started the elemental magic course
but i'm sure i'm going to refer to that source for information
its just me and GOD

May 13, 2008, 05:53:28 PM
Reply #18

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Can you sit in asana for ten minutes? Can you sit thoughtless for ten minutes? Can you concentrate your mind and maintain your composure throughout the day?

All of these things are quickly obtained skills for the budding aspirant that represent control over his or her own immediate physical and mental sphere. They enable you to act properly throughout the day and function more efficiently. These things are good for anyone, not just yogis or magicians.

May 13, 2008, 05:59:22 PM
Reply #19

akilalleyne

• Settling In

• View Profile
Can you sit in asana for ten minutes? Can you sit thoughtless for ten minutes? Can you concentrate your mind and maintain your composure throughout the day?

All of these things are quickly obtained skills for the budding aspirant that represent control over his or her own immediate physical and mental sphere. They enable you to act properly throughout the day and function more efficiently. These things are good for anyone, not just yogis or magicians.

Well said. I think Step I to III all mankind should do for the betterment of us all, that is my opinion anyway

May 13, 2008, 06:09:04 PM
Reply #20

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Nohan: I believe I only asked for posts regarding where you were in the IIH or to help those practicing it, please don't post out of Topic in my Threads. I am very weird about it ^_^ (Also if I do something like that in another thread please tell me so I can be sure to keep better watch over my self)

Also, You do follow a guide, I must assume your guide is your intuition though. if you followed NO guide then you would have already reached the goal.

Namaste
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:12:20 PM by Kichara »
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

May 13, 2008, 06:30:02 PM
Reply #21

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

Well said. I think Step I to III all mankind should do for the betterment of us all, that is my opinion anyway

I'm sorry but I really have to argue with that, if everyone was that BORING then lots of kids/teenagers etc. would hate the world and yalls cold hard logic so much that they would commit suicide, sometimes too much logic and composure is really bad for the world, sure it might seem nice and perfect for you people but some of us actually enjoy culture and politicians arguing and all that crap.... Hehe "My logic is undeniable"
Meep.

May 13, 2008, 07:28:50 PM
Reply #22

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I am just going to point to my post above about off topic. Also, it would not be boring if EVERYONE had completed steps I-III because we would live in a totally different world. Not to mentio that the Idea of "boring" should disapeer by Step III I would think...
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

May 13, 2008, 07:49:37 PM
Reply #23

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Well everyone wouldn't just "convert" I mean people are ignorant and resistant to change, regardless to if the change would be good for them or not...
Meep.

May 13, 2008, 09:20:30 PM
Reply #24

akilalleyne

• Settling In

• View Profile
I was off topic,Sorry,I am on the amazing Step I. Have trouble with the mental exercises but not the others.

May 14, 2008, 05:16:41 AM
Reply #25

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Kichara: If discussion is beneficial to those involved, leave it be. If you would like, it can be moved to another thread, but pet peeves should  never interfere with any sort of mental or spiritual progress.

AB: Having control over one's self does not entail boredom. I am far happier with mental control. I have lived in both worlds; you have lived in one. People can have a lot of fun while maintaining control over themselves. Do not mistake mental and physical control with some sort of dull personality.

May 14, 2008, 09:58:56 AM
Reply #26

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
If everyone had mental and physical control then there wouldn't be any crime, drugs, drugdealers, thieves, and of course the mafia would disappear, and those are the things that spice up life. Sure they make life harder and more complicated but what would the point be in living if there wasn't any challenges for us to face? If everyone was like "you people" then there wouldn't be any mysteries, challenges, or poverty....I hope I'm not the only person who would miss the mafia, drugdealers, drugs, crime, thieves and challenges. So, I think that life is a lot better without complete thought and body control... (I hate typing this much)
Meep.

May 14, 2008, 10:49:25 AM
Reply #27

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Er...people can have physical and mental control and still commit crimes, do drugs, have gangs etc. They are not a matter of physical or mental control, unless the person deliberately sees such things as wrong. Which often you will find, many people do NOT. People don't like to see themselves as wrong...

May 14, 2008, 11:13:43 AM
Reply #28

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Well if- eh screw it I give up...
Meep.

May 14, 2008, 04:36:07 PM
Reply #29

akilalleyne

• Settling In

• View Profile
If everyone had mental and physical control then there wouldn't be any crime, drugs, drugdealers, thieves, and of course the mafia would disappear, and those are the things that spice up life. Sure they make life harder and more complicated but what would the point be in living if there wasn't any challenges for us to face? If everyone was like "you people" then there wouldn't be any mysteries, challenges, or poverty....I hope I'm not the only person who would miss the mafia, drugdealers, drugs, crime, thieves and challenges. So, I think that life is a lot better without complete thought and body control... (I hate typing this much)

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. You cannot begin to imagine the life that poor people have. Imagine and entire race subjugated to slaverly(not servants mind you) beasts of labour. Can you begin to imagine what it was to be a slave? Can you begin to imagine that there is no hope of feeding your children, that you abandon your sense of morality and sell your body? Let me tell you sir, WHat you have just purported demonstrated a level of simplicity and inhumanity that I didnt expect on a site dedicated to achieving some semblance of the higher self. Alas, there is always one bad apple in every bunch, I apologise veritas. However as a black poor man but not as poor as most in my country,I cannot leave people to even remotely condone what what just said.

I apologise for being off topic