Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
46 (15.6%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (38.1%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (18%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
48 (16.3%)
No, What is IIH?
27 (9.2%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 294

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 562587 times)

November 06, 2015, 01:54:04 PM
Reply #660

Sadrielle

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    gobbler of olives
    • View Profile
I gave IIH a crack over half a year ago, but my interest quickly waned due to real life distractions. I came back to it a few days ago when I realized I was missing up a perfectly good opportunity to delve straight into it without too much real world distraction. I'm finding it an easy and comfortable thing to slip into, save for the cold showers and tearing myself away from distractions so I can eat.

I surprised myself the first time I practiced conscientious eating, as it was a practice I skipped my last try. I was full before I was even half-way through with most of my plates. It helped me realize that I'm eating hugely in excess of what my stomach actually wants. The desire to watch youtube or read while I'm eating is still there, but it's mostly contained. As a result, eating has become more of a chore. : )

I have an excessively chatty, needy, glutton of a cat. It's difficult to concentrate in the morning. There is an incessant variety of, "Meow!!! FEED ME! MEOOOOW! PLAY WITH ME! MERRRROOOOOOW!"s in the background at any given moment in my house. I suppose it's just something I'll have to overcome when I practice my meditating. It completely disturbs and grabs my concentration, it's a bit like a baby's cry.

I'm liking how I feel thus far, and I'm glad to be giving IIH a shot again.

April 29, 2018, 12:56:37 PM
Reply #661

Gaia

• View Profile
Anyone knows some goods books to read while praticing that are related to hermeticism? I know about kyballion

April 29, 2018, 02:54:57 PM
Reply #662

الظلام

• Settling In

• View Profile
If you are reading the IIH, you may also wish to read Bardon's Practice of Magical Evocation. Though it isn't something you should practice until you are well advanced in the IIH, there is a lot information in there that you may find interesting.
There is also his Questions and Answers book, which is extremely relevant if you are practicing the IIH.

Beyond Bardon though, Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy I think could be relevant to you.

Many of the magic articles on this website are also very relevant to hermetics, unless you have already read them.