Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
45 (15.5%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (38.5%)
Kinda, of and on again.
52 (17.9%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
48 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
26 (8.9%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 291

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 487476 times)

December 16, 2014, 10:30:07 AM
Reply #660

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Just a line to agree with the others, you have to earn the right to have an empty mind and the price is practice.

Everybody has initial problems in this area, I was taught to accept/recognise the distraction and then to give it little importance and push it away. If you get really stuck try giving nothing a brighter light and what keeps interrupting a darker light, you can now push away the dark light (into black and disappear) and bring the empty forward by making it brighter until it is you (this is a good practice anyway)

Searcher
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

December 16, 2014, 10:33:27 AM
Reply #661

Tradition

• View Profile
Can you elaborate on "pushing away the dark light", Searcher?

December 16, 2014, 10:40:13 AM
Reply #662

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
I'm not trying to be funny but it is practice, practice, practice. By using dark and light your focusing in on what your doing, you can also use big and small? Barton builds on what you've already learnt 'focal' meditation, Regarda does the same but in a more complex manor.
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

December 17, 2014, 05:23:06 AM
Reply #663

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Yeah, one more thing, Bardon recommends to have prayer beads to track a number of mistakes during the meditation. I personally have made my own prayer beads based on this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4up0y9FUE
It is cheap and it works great.

June 03, 2015, 02:00:20 AM
Reply #664

FaerieMan

• View Profile
I love Bardon's works. I use IIH (etc) as a practical guide, just remove the hermetic ethics (I.e. “a real magician would never...etc"). I've never used PME/KTTTK in practice. But I like the tool info in PME. I've read the recently “discovered" Bardon book the universal master key. I have serious doubts about it being written by Bardon due to some extremely contradictory statements it makes that go against the 3 known books. But that's just my opinion.

October 17, 2015, 12:43:15 AM
Reply #665

Kemetin

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
just remove the hermetic ethics (I.e. “a real magician would never...etc").

Why? It's been a long time since I've read IIH through, but all of the ethical advice in it seemed pretty solid to me.

November 06, 2015, 01:54:04 PM
Reply #666

Sadrielle

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    gobbler of olives
    • View Profile
I gave IIH a crack over half a year ago, but my interest quickly waned due to real life distractions. I came back to it a few days ago when I realized I was missing up a perfectly good opportunity to delve straight into it without too much real world distraction. I'm finding it an easy and comfortable thing to slip into, save for the cold showers and tearing myself away from distractions so I can eat.

I surprised myself the first time I practiced conscientious eating, as it was a practice I skipped my last try. I was full before I was even half-way through with most of my plates. It helped me realize that I'm eating hugely in excess of what my stomach actually wants. The desire to watch youtube or read while I'm eating is still there, but it's mostly contained. As a result, eating has become more of a chore. : )

I have an excessively chatty, needy, glutton of a cat. It's difficult to concentrate in the morning. There is an incessant variety of, "Meow!!! FEED ME! MEOOOOW! PLAY WITH ME! MERRRROOOOOOW!"s in the background at any given moment in my house. I suppose it's just something I'll have to overcome when I practice my meditating. It completely disturbs and grabs my concentration, it's a bit like a baby's cry.

I'm liking how I feel thus far, and I'm glad to be giving IIH a shot again.