Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
45 (15.5%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (38.5%)
Kinda, of and on again.
52 (17.9%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
48 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
26 (8.9%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 291

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 479485 times)

May 14, 2008, 07:45:15 PM
Reply #30

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
ok ok I wont be a On topic Nazi anymore. As long as it doesn't get out of hand. but try to have it in some way contribute to helping those who are trying to follow a path similar to IIH style.

akilalleyne, what country do you live in?
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

May 15, 2008, 07:19:46 AM
Reply #31

AB

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
If everyone had mental and physical control then there wouldn't be any crime, drugs, drugdealers, thieves, and of course the mafia would disappear, and those are the things that spice up life. Sure they make life harder and more complicated but what would the point be in living if there wasn't any challenges for us to face? If everyone was like "you people" then there wouldn't be any mysteries, challenges, or poverty....I hope I'm not the only person who would miss the mafia, drugdealers, drugs, crime, thieves and challenges. So, I think that life is a lot better without complete thought and body control... (I hate typing this much)

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. You cannot begin to imagine the life that poor people have. Imagine and entire race subjugated to slaverly(not servants mind you) beasts of labour. Can you begin to imagine what it was to be a slave? Can you begin to imagine that there is no hope of feeding your children, that you abandon your sense of morality and sell your body? Let me tell you sir, WHat you have just purported demonstrated a level of simplicity and inhumanity that I didnt expect on a site dedicated to achieving some semblance of the higher self. Alas, there is always one bad apple in every bunch, I apologise veritas. However as a black poor man but not as poor as most in my country,I cannot leave people to even remotely condone what what just said.

I apologise for being off topic

Do not tell someone what they have and have not experienced, and do not judge others from one or two posts. I have been through time and time again, you say that I cannot imagine it yet I have experienced it. I will not argue any further with you, you seem too adamant in what you think about me to see my opinions and my logic, so, I will apologize if I offended you, I'm sorry.
Meep.

May 15, 2008, 11:41:38 AM
Reply #32

akilalleyne

• Settling In

• View Profile
Similarly, I apologise if offended you.

May 22, 2008, 04:36:31 PM
Reply #33

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Hey if you answer that you don't know what the IIH is, and you decide to read it in it's ENTIRETY. Please tell us what you thought of it.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

June 03, 2008, 06:31:24 PM
Reply #34

Soul_Guardian

• View Profile
I just started so im on step I. its hard meditating for the first time and finding the negative and positive sides of my soul

June 03, 2008, 07:10:49 PM
Reply #35

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
You may want to make your mirror again once you make some good progress in meditation. I noticed that mine was much different than when I first made the soul mirrors, after I became more focused/detached.

Also, meditation becomes easier with practice. It is about that simple ^_^.

Namaste
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

June 06, 2008, 08:16:51 PM
Reply #36

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
I am attempting Step 1 again, and will do my best to continue training for the week required. I made it up to about day 3 last time, and then stopped.
The reason I am beginning again is because I read a message that Prophecy sent me 6 months ago, on how to begin training in elemental magic. He gave me a pretty cool training schedule, and phase 1 was the first 6 months. If I had stuck with this schedule, I would be done with phase 1 now. But I am not done with phase 1. I realize how much time I have wasted doing nothing, and deeply regret it. So I will begin training again, this time with IIH, mainly because most of what Prophecy told me can be found there.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

June 11, 2008, 10:55:33 AM
Reply #37

Sky Verati

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Any chance I could get a hold of that schedule?
"We have descended from the Infinite to the Finite." - Paramhansa Yogananda

June 21, 2008, 02:35:44 PM
Reply #38

WolfRaider

• Settling In

• View Profile
Yes, a schedule would be useful, but you've got guidelines in the IIH itself, and if you combine it with Prophecy's articles on Daily Magical training and his Elemental Magic course you can get a pretty good schedule yourself. A schedule is very relative from person to person, so creating your personal one can be quite beneficial. It can also be used to hone your own organizing skills, which can be a useful thing in general.
Quod in corde sobrii, id in lingua ebrii.

June 26, 2008, 09:17:43 PM
Reply #39

Pursuit of Knowledge

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I practice Hermeticism, along with a bit of psionics on the side.

I try to practice every day, and have been taking baby steps when it comes to regularity because I'm a rather disorganized person, out of laziness though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only begun practicing with the IIH since early June of this year. I've found that a lot of the exercises such as thought control are things that I have practiced since childhood, I have always done these things. Even with conscious pore breathing it is second nature to me. I have been wondering: Since Bardon was so explicit in his instructions that one should practice exactly what he put forth in his book as his route to success, could I possibly skip those sections which I have already done, or perhaps practice them for less time with little to no consequence? Most if not all of the exercises in Steps I, II, and most of Step III I had become skilled at before the age of 8. When I reached puberty those things had become harder to do as I did not practice them all the time like I did as a child. I became involved in my life in conjunction with the world like everyone else. As a child they were things I simply noticed as a fact of life and worked hard out of curiosity and persistence. Today I still utilize those skills, but they are less of a conscious thing and more of something I just do automatically. Although I am reevaluating myself, it is difficult for me to tell what techniques I am doing since it is ingrained in me; I discover more about myself each day. None the less! I DO require practice, since I am a bit rusty with the techniques. I suppose I should rephrase my query: Will it be harmful/unharmful to practice the steps out of order in IIH? Is it harmful to practice the steps irregularly, say perhaps several times a week, but not back-to-back?

I am not very consistent with my practice although I do several exercises throughout the day including the conscious pore breathing. It seems also that I still have that fear of not letting go and giving it my all, something I did when I was very young and was well-accomplished at. Not to be go off on a different subject, but does one's own innate magical ability have anything to do with his soul and spirituality? I really do not know.

Now, with all due respect to my fellow Veritasians, I say none of this in any bragging way as it may be interpreted, nor do I share these things for pompous reasons. I genuinely wish to know, and I feel that a little background information on my situation would be helpful (I have a tendency to type more than some). It seems to me that I always have to justify my posts somehow and if it may be an inherent flaw I am sorry you must impatiently read through it all. I accept all wisdom gratefully.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:29:38 PM by Pursuit of Knowledge »
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart ~old Indian saying

Do not comfort yourself by failing less than your peers. If you fall short of ideal target feel comforted, if short of realistic target work harder. ~Raitaro

June 26, 2008, 09:57:28 PM
Reply #40

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Every person I have spoken with who has either progressed through the steps of the IIH or have reached a point that would be at the higher steps(8 and above) have told me that it is very important that you do not skip around and have a solid practice schedule everyday. So while I personally do not know, the people who I trust a large amount of the time agree that it is dangerous to skip around in the exercises.

I am not sure what you mean by "innate magical ability" do you mean the limit of what one can achieve, or the abilities already available?
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

June 26, 2008, 10:04:06 PM
Reply #41

Felidae

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
This m or may nou, but long before I even heard of IIH I went through many similair stages as it utlns, thoghnt he xact same. In my view you hav two options, progress ithout and eep on going through simiair staes according to a sel-directed coure of training or go for IIH fullly, if you do either then do it fully. Even if you've progressedthrough something before, doig it again in the context of a different set of exercises will profoundly alter the effect in my view and allow for a different view of things. Either way, you'll want to do it fully, if you do go for a self-directed course of training I would reccomend addin some increased harshness in some sense to prevent you from any way taking an easy way out. This was the opton I took after I decided after long thought that IIH would likely not be suitable for me personally.

Peace, Love, Anarchy
May the Darkness embrace youi,
Sincerely Felidae-ICTX

June 27, 2008, 06:55:10 PM
Reply #42

Pursuit of Knowledge

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Kichara: By "innate magical ability" in relation to spirituality... as a child does one have more spirituality than they do when they hit puberty and begin to get older, and does that affect magical outcomes? Also, does one have to have a certain spiritual progression within themself in order to manifest magical abilities, even as a child? To answer your question, I meant abilities already available.

I must talk to others about practicing IIH irregularly and out of order. I read somewhere that someone did it, yes not a very solid excuse is it, hmmm... I suppose I must only overcome my own laziness.
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart ~old Indian saying

Do not comfort yourself by failing less than your peers. If you fall short of ideal target feel comforted, if short of realistic target work harder. ~Raitaro

June 27, 2008, 07:18:23 PM
Reply #43

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Also, does one have to have a certain spiritual progression within themself in order to manifest magical abilities, even as a child?

Yes.

As to whether we have more spirituality, I would say no. We just have a much easier time at having complete faith in something happening or being able to do this or that. I have read quite a bit of theory on the aging process and spiritual growth but I am not good at pulling it back out of my mind.

If you would like to read alot more about this then Read the Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception by Max Heindel. I am afraid the Rosicrucian Fellowship website has deteriorated so that you can no longer read the book for free but I will upload it sometime tomorrow.

Namaste
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

June 29, 2008, 06:37:09 PM
Reply #44

Fenrir

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
So has anyone here done anything thats worth taking note of from the full body elemental pore-breathing?