Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 581866 times)

August 03, 2010, 08:34:24 PM
Reply #165

Jesse9209

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I gave the website a quick look over, at the very least its got a fluffy look to it. The fact that he uses so many terms like night magic, dark power, ect. Just say to me that he gave it that name just so it'd seem cool or mysterious. IIH is more straightforward and gives more direct practices. While he does seem to have at the very least a rudimentary understanding of magic and magical philosophy his system does not seem all that effective to me. Doing rituals before training the mind is not a very effective way to go about doing things, and the mental training he does give does not seem nearly as in depth as in IIH. Just some things to think about.

August 04, 2010, 11:13:12 AM
Reply #166

Culukeh

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Gazer upon the Night Sky
    • View Profile
Haha, yeah. Honestly I'm not exactly sure of what this soft spot is. Probably because it was the first  'system' of magick I came across. It didn't keep my attention because it was 'cool' or 'I want to do this because I can scare people' or something like that.. That wasn't -isn't- the point to me. I'm a pragmatic woman at heart so it makes even less sense.
But in all likelihood I probably will attempt IIH. At the very least there's a lot of support and people I can ask things when I mess up- and I shall. I'll have to give the book a good reread however, flip through some articles. I want to know everything I can before I start, although it's like being at the base of a huge mountain and wondering incredulously to yourself "I'm going to climb that?"
Only after the last fish is caught, and the last river poisoned; Only after the last tree is cut, will you find that money cannot be eaten.

August 04, 2010, 11:37:01 AM
Reply #167

Aspiring

• Settling In

• View Profile
Im practicing the IIH and I am at step one like many others of course. I just read Veos' commentary on the steps and it cleared things up a lot, such as why am I not able to retain emptiness of the mind. I can hold onto a single thought for 10 minutes but now i realize that I really need to work on my thought observation and get rid of those "micro-thoughts" to achieve emptiness of the mind.
It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?

August 05, 2010, 03:00:04 PM
Reply #168

taranis

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'm also practicing with Bardon's IIH. I'm actually on step 3, precisely in elemental breathing, vital force accumulations and its practical applications. Last year I thought already that I have mastered step 3 and went to step 4, practicing the translocation of the consciousness and the condensing of the elements in my body but unexpected self-doubts forced me to go back to my soul mirror and the former steps although I've made really good progress in translocation of consciousness. When I look back I have to say the months I spent for renewing my soul mirror and the following balancing was very well invested time. Occasionally I even dropped the exercises for nearly a month, just to start them again now. The good thing about doing the steps twice or thrice is that you accomplish them faster than you did the first time and most likely you will find unknown depth in the exercises which you haven't seen before.
The most important experience I've made by practicing IIH is that hastening in your development is of no use.

August 15, 2010, 05:35:41 PM
Reply #169

constantine

• View Profile
    • The Razors Edge.....
i've been working with IIH since i started, on and off, due to other various interest but have recently jumped to it again - full throttle.
after doing some reviewing and refresher course on the material, i found that i am about done step 05 - going to step 06.

August 23, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
Reply #170

superzeno

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I'm just now reading veos commentary in studying hermetic magic and its quite fascanating

September 06, 2010, 12:34:47 AM
Reply #171

Wahrheit

• Settling In

• View Profile
I just got the hard copy of IIH. 356 pages vs 170 on the e-book. Haven't started, and I won't finish for awhile because I think reading ahead beyond the steps that I accomplish will distract me from focusing all of my attention on the current exercise. I don't plan on reading pass the theory until I have enough understanding of it to practically preach it >.> Anybody have personal insight on the content of the e-book vs the hard copy?

September 12, 2010, 04:15:34 PM
Reply #172

alg

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I really need to work on my thought observation and get rid of those "micro-thoughts" to achieve emptiness of the mind.

One of well know principles is the Law of Attraction. By thinking ˇI need to get rid ofˇ micro though what do you think actually happening? :D

October 04, 2010, 09:58:25 PM
Reply #173

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
I really need to work on my thought observation and get rid of those "micro-thoughts" to achieve emptiness of the mind.

One of well know principles is the Law of Attraction. By thinking ˇI need to get rid ofˇ micro though what do you think actually happening? :D

I think you are getting rid of the micro-thoughts.

I'm just now reading veos commentary in studying hermetic magic and its quite fascanating

Isn't it though?

I just got the hard copy of IIH. 356 pages vs 170 on the e-book. Haven't started, and I won't finish for awhile because I think reading ahead beyond the steps that I accomplish will distract me from focusing all of my attention on the current exercise. I don't plan on reading pass the theory until I have enough understanding of it to practically preach it >.> Anybody have personal insight on the content of the e-book vs the hard copy?

I did the no reading ahead thing for a while, but when I read ahead and saw why I was doing the beginning steps, it made alot more sense. The epilogue is written as if you had just read the whole book before accomplishing it all, too, if I remember correctly.

The hard copy totally pwns the e-book, in my opinion, though I read the two or three internet versions just to get a full scope. There are 2 or 3 hardback translations too.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

October 11, 2010, 07:35:34 PM
Reply #174

Doug

• View Profile
What are some of your opinions regarding the Golden Dawn and he Book Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magick Arts?
So Mote It Be

October 12, 2010, 06:05:02 AM
Reply #175

DannyCorso

• Settling In

• View Profile
    • Occult Center

356 pages vs 170?  Ok, you got me interested too.
Can anyone expand on what is missing from the ebook?

I'm off to googling for the hard copy too.

October 27, 2010, 12:31:42 AM
Reply #176

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
What are some of your opinions regarding the Golden Dawn and he Book Modern Magick: Eleven Lessons in the High Magick Arts?

Never read Modern Magick, and I've never been interested in reading it, honestly. I found what I was yearning for, and then I found a teacher. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Golden Dawn is pretty cool. I wouldn't trust anyone who said they had the entirety of it's practices published, because even then the spoken tradition of the Order would remain veiled.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

November 26, 2010, 01:01:33 AM
Reply #177

c0nfus3d

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    It is what It is
    • View Profile
Kichara, the mediafire link is broken or the file has been deleted somehow. Do you have any other source for the IIH? Or is the hardcopy more valuable than the e-book? Thanks.
Everybody lies.

November 26, 2010, 09:27:15 PM
Reply #178

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
The Hardcopy is without doubt more valuable than the book, but I will look into getting a new link in the next couple days.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

November 27, 2010, 04:09:28 AM
Reply #179

c0nfus3d

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    It is what It is
    • View Profile
Don't sweat it Kichara, I already got the PDF file that, luckily, I got from you from a thread somewhere here in Magick section (I forgot  :confused:).
Everybody lies.