Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 583635 times)

March 15, 2010, 03:39:45 AM
Reply #135

Amnesia

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    When the mind is vigilant the body thrives...
    • View Profile
You can think of thought control as a procedure of moving colored objects from one side to another.

Let's say that I'm standing between two tables, on the right there are many objects with various shapes and colors and I have to move every single object with my hand to the left table.

First, I can't move the objects while focusing on something else like watching a movie (I can't watch my thoughts and think of something else at the same time).

I should reach my hand to every object and feel it while I'm looking at it, then move it to the left being aware of what I'm doing and what color and shape the object is without getting involved, i.e. this color doesn't match this shape or that object would look better with another color pattern... (I should watch every thought that passes by being aware that I'm watching it without getting involved, i.e. this thought makes me depressed or that thought reminds me of a specific place...).

After moving the object I should focus on the next one without remembering what the previous one was and continue the procedure at the same rhythm without forgeting what I'm doing. (After the thought passes by I should be aware of the next one frogetting completely the previous and repeating the procedure for every thought that comes without forgetting what I'm doing).

If I'm to remember the shape and color of every object I moved I'd distract myself from the watching procedure and try to force a particular thought into my mind and that's not the goal of the exercise.

What happens if I forget that I'm watching my thoughts and just watch being unaware of what I'm doing (like day dreaming). It's like watching the objects being moved automatically from one side to another without using my hand or noticing what shape and color the objects have.

This is my understanding of the exercise. I've tried to formulate it like that in order to avoid the misunderstanding of describing the various states of mind that ones may experience during the procedure.

I might be wrong so please feel free to share your opinions.
"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can
say to this mountain, `Move from here to there’ and it will
move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

March 15, 2010, 07:47:05 AM
Reply #136

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
That's what I got from it.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

March 16, 2010, 12:36:47 AM
Reply #137

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
That is a wonderful way to describe it. though you want to eventually move towards the automatic method, until it eventually begins to run out of objects.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

April 21, 2010, 09:57:58 AM
Reply #138

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
On this system of magic, the reason why people fail or maybe get confused and have doubts is that they

1.) Proceed with the exercises too quickly, because they want to find out where the collection of exercises will lead them to. It leads to a mastery of the 4 elements. If you know this from the beginning, you won't be in such a rush to get to the end of the book to find this out.

2.) When people start out with this system, they don't know why their doing the exercises and they don't know what the end goal of doing them is.

The end goal of doing this system of magic is to attain perfect balance and harmony of the 4 elements( Fire, Air, Water and Earth}. When you achieve this you will have no other places to go to in magic.

The whole Universe comes out of the Akasha, with the fire, air water and earth elements coming out from the Aklasha. By balancing and harmonizing perfectly with the 4 elements, you make room inside yourself for all the power, the vital/chi energy to do all the things that Franz Bardon did.

All your negative emotions are from having too much of anyone particular element(fire, air water earth) inside yourself. When you balance these elements out, inside yourself  you open up the pathway to have a mastery of powers, such as clairvoyance and all those abilities associated with sight. With the air all those abilites with hearing, such as clairaudience.

You also will develop a mastery of the Electric/Magnetic fluids at this point, which would give you the power for amazing healing abilites, because everything to do with the human body is based on a perfect balance of the electric/magnetic fluids for any one particular part of the body.

If you keep in mind from the beginning of this training that your end objective is to master the 4 elements, so as to allow all the power you can handle inside yourself, you will know where and why you are doing IIH.

April 21, 2010, 06:33:26 PM
Reply #139

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
1.) Proceed with the exercises too quickly, because they want to find out where the collection of exercises will lead them to. It leads to a mastery of the 4 elements. If you know this from the beginning, you won't be in such a rush to get to the end of the book to find this out.

2.) When people start out with this system, they don't know why their doing the exercises and they don't know what the end goal of doing them is.

I'm not disagreeing about the failing or getting confused, but I believe these reasons are a bit mistaken. Most people already know what the IIH is for. They fail or have doubts because they feel that they don't need to follow all of the exercises. They jump around, or try something once or twice and then go on, as opposed to devoutly practicing. It isn't lack of knowledge, it's lack of patience and discipline that fails most people. Most know what the point of the IIH is, so telling them won't do anything to make them any better at it.

April 22, 2010, 08:21:46 AM
Reply #140

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Whenever people talk about doing this system of magic, they always talk about doing the exercises, but never talk about the introduction part of the book. The majority of people do the exercises, hoping to have the purpose behind the magic system revealed to them, at some part of their journey. This according to Bardon himself is the wrong approach.

It takes the average person 10 years to master this system of magic. Any person can succeed at it in this time period. If you take a pendulum and dowse out this question, you get that anyone can achieve waht Bardon is talking about.

People read this book and then try to hurry along, becuase they want to get magic powers from doing the exercises.

If you start with the introduction and read it and re-read it, then the whole way to proceed with the exercises flows out from this understanding behind it. Then the idea of 10 years literally begins to feel like seconds and your no longer in a hurry to try and blast through the entire book.

I also dowsed out with a pendulum the number of people who have mastered this magic system, all 3 books like Franz Bardon and I get 223 people, since Bardon's death. That's not alot of people in 50 years

April 22, 2010, 07:03:49 PM
Reply #141

Dea

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
The majority of people do the exercises, hoping to have the purpose behind the magic system revealed to them, at some part of their journey.
During the exercises, I believe Bardon tells them of the point of each. It is not the purpose behind the system that people want revealed, it is the authenticity and any potential magical faculties that they wish to quickly produce.

If you start with the introduction and read it and re-read it, then the whole way to proceed with the exercises flows out from this understanding behind it.
I did so, multiple times, but it wasn't until Veos wrote of the IIH that I understood it better.

I also dowsed out with a pendulum the number of people who have mastered this magic system, all 3 books like Franz Bardon and I get 223 people, since Bardon's death. That's not alot of people in 50 years
All 3 books? 223 people? That is a good number. Not many have this available to them, and of those who do, 223 managing to master the system is great.

Please understand, I'm not disagreeing just to be contrary, this is just my own experience on the matter.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:08:12 PM by Dea »

May 04, 2010, 09:51:14 AM
Reply #142

Merkat

• Settling In

• View Profile
I hesitated about posting but here goes.  Bardon, in my opinion has a system that works and works quite well if one has the patience to keep up the work in spite of what roadblocks life throws at you.  I have been a student of the Occult for many years and have always felt a semse of comfort when I came back to Bardon...in spite of the ventures into other methods and systems.  With Bardon I feel I am at home and will stay at that home and not let myself become distracted ever again.

My one ambition in life is to make sure I do not waste this incarnation and by being a diligent student of Bardon, perhaps this wish will be fulfilled before I take my last breath.

My best wishes to all of you.
Merkat.

June 09, 2010, 07:57:11 AM
Reply #143

VitaumHermético

• Settling In

• View Profile
helo people! :)
i've been practing step one tought control in trone position like Bardon recomends, doing 15 minutes...  and when past 10 min or more i begin to feel a strong heat coming down to my chest and going to feet and hands. After 5 minutes felling this I cant even concentrate in exercise because my hand almost floats in the air like a ball of fire was under it (float felling not happens all time but only when I make more them 20 minutes of exercise) but the heat is there all the time!
This become when I got more comfortable in position and when I clear the "macros" thoughts of the day like Veos said... before that I felt nothing

what's this?
hey people be nice to my English I'ma struggling autodidact...

June 09, 2010, 12:22:21 PM
Reply #144

michael.25

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
they're usually just random pointless sensations due to sensory deprivation during practice.  Ignore them and carry on. :)

June 09, 2010, 04:03:55 PM
Reply #145

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
... my hand almost floats in the air like a ball of fire was under it (float felling not happens all time but only when I make more them 20 minutes of exercise) but the heat is there all the time!
This become when I got more comfortable in position and when I clear the "macros" thoughts of the day like Veos said... before that I felt nothing
what's this?
One possibility to consider is that you could have filled the body with air energy. For example when the magician deep cleanses and purges the body of heavy earth energy flushing this out with water energy and intakes fire energy the resulting air will cause a separation of the astral body and you will feel lift. This method will allow you to project from the body and attain a higher state of consciousness. Some magicians have described these partial separations of the hand as similar to the feeling when a hand floats up away from the body while bathing in a tub in a relaxed state.
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

June 15, 2010, 07:42:55 AM
Reply #146

Karlykins

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'm just starting on step one for the first time. I just received the book and am starting to read through it. It really just grasps my attention and makes me glad that I am starting this. It makes me look forward to my future so I may look back and see all of my progress.
~Karlykins

June 18, 2010, 11:22:06 AM
Reply #147

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
You are right it is a brilliant book and Bardon really invites the reader along the journey in a very encouraging and supportive manner. I am going through the steps again for the fourth time. Each time there is something to revise to develop and to learn. I suggest you post a journal online even if it is a private email to your self. It is useful to have an digital backup and you can search a digital file without too much trouble using the control +f  function .
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

June 18, 2010, 09:12:47 PM
Reply #148

kuzamu

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I just started a week ago and it will be pretty fun once i get the hang of it.

July 05, 2010, 04:34:20 AM
Reply #149

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I think the idea of keeping a journal on your progress, is an excellent idea. The one thing about studying this book, is that it's almost as if it's in a hidden code, even though you can plainly see what each exercise is about. If you experince results from doing the exercises, that don't match up to what your reading about in the book, it means your compensating for your lack of understanding, by doing something incorrectly in practicing the exercise

Starting out with this system it's easy to do this, due to the fact that the entire system is a "Secret Intiation into the Secret Parallel world of Heremetic Science".

This is the science that the ancient egyptians practiced, if you can fiqure this out, you could uncover the secrets to how the pyramids where built, because the secret to their construction is contained within thios realm of science. How to mummify bodies, so that they are preserved for 1,000's of years.

How to build a great world empire, like the egyptians did. It was through their mastery of heremitic sciences that they ruled the world at the time that they did

I found a webpage that contains the vibrational state of being of each of the 10 steps from IIH. Scroll down to the divine vibration menu for the 10 steps and click each one. You can feel the vibrartory state that you would be at, if you completed each step of IIH correctly.

http://www.franzbardon.net/english/bardon.htm
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:43:41 AM by Melchizedek »