Poll

Are You practicing the Steps in Initiaion into Hermetics?

Yes, very strictly.
47 (15.8%)
Yes, mixed with my other practices.
112 (37.7%)
Kinda, of and on again.
53 (17.8%)
No, it doesn't fit with me.
49 (16.5%)
No, What is IIH?
28 (9.4%)
No, don't have the time.
8 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 297

Author Topic: Who is Practicing the IIH?  (Read 581891 times)

June 20, 2009, 01:01:19 PM
Reply #105

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
New here... Hi everyone..

For what its  Worth IIH is a good guide to start with but i strongly disagree with Master Bardons rigid structure.. If one were to take literally his training mod your like to finish only the first book at a later age in life :teethy: never the less im in the process of experimenting with his 2nd book and the spirits within and i must say i am very satisfied with some of the results.

LVX

And thus Bardon would call you a scholar and not a magician.  Anyone can pick of PME and experience something, perhaps even a little success.  But they won't get the full experience or anywhere near the full benefit.  For full success in evocation you MUST be clairvoyant, clairaudient, good at condensing the 4 elements, able to work in akashic trance, and at least mental project as well as move magically (with the mental and astral bodies).  If you can do this already then experimenting is a good thing.  If you can not do this then you are not experimenting, but rather you are simply fooling around and will make a mistake soon enough. 
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

June 26, 2009, 08:36:00 AM
Reply #106

Meer

• View Profile
I'm right at the end of step 1, and about to move to step 2.

July 17, 2009, 12:21:28 PM
Reply #107

xmikas

• Settling In

• View Profile
I am .... and "Yes, mixed with my other practices,"

Started my first steps this weekend.  :rolleyes:
"A mystic can not be ignorant, 'cause he only need to ask and the knowledge is given to him."

July 17, 2009, 01:29:52 PM
Reply #108

Demo

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
for quite a while i have been going through the theory section via the pdf, taking notes on it and stuff, and soon a hard copy will be in my hands and then i plan to start the actual steps
many paths, all leading to the same destination. what does the trail you chose say about yourself?

July 17, 2009, 03:18:35 PM
Reply #109

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
cool, have you looked at the commentaries?
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

July 18, 2009, 02:59:17 PM
Reply #110

Demo

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
you mean the bardon companion?  i have not sat down to fully read it, but have given it a good looking at, but im very excitted to start it, for a long time i have been desiring a training guide, but until now everything seemed to easy, to hokey, or just down right stupid (lots of new age stuff) so when i picked this up i immediately knew this would be it
many paths, all leading to the same destination. what does the trail you chose say about yourself?

July 18, 2009, 04:09:57 PM
Reply #111

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
There is also a commentary written by Veos who is a teacher on this website. A Bardon Companion is more Theory commentary and Veos' is more of a Practical commentary. Together it gives you as good a view on the IIH as you'll get from reading. Of course, a lot of it changes once you have been practicing for a while.

The link is in my first post , for both. ^_^
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:

July 20, 2009, 12:51:30 PM
Reply #112

Demo

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
well, after reading veos' guide for the first step, i have begun the first step

and now for the first step of the thousand mile journey

August 09, 2009, 05:11:44 PM
Reply #113

Durante

• View Profile
I've been strictly following the Mental Training for some time now. However to be honest, I've been less adamant in the Physical and Spiritual training. I'm working to correct this.

October 20, 2009, 05:25:57 AM
Reply #114

Prokopton

• Settling In

• View Profile
Very strictly. I incorporate other things but IIH is the basis of everything and I do all IIH exercises.

December 04, 2009, 12:46:12 AM
Reply #115

Abrazor

• View Profile
I have just started. I have been in step 1 for a week now.  I have background in buddhist meditation, chi kung and the I Ching.  Now I have also just started on the Tarot.  I feel this is the next step in my development.

A lot of the mental training and visualization reminds me of stuff I have done before.  When I was a Uni student I was heavily into mediation and got it to the point where I rarely had a thought in my mind unless I was deliberately thinking of something.  It really makes things clear.  A lot of the visualization also reminds me of some self-hypnosis stuff I have done.  It is just amazing to see how all the different practices come together in this.  Exciting!

A question: how many of you really bathe in cold water?  Do you take a cold shower?  Pour cold water over yourself?  How long did it take you to adjust to the cold and did you persist through winter?  I am finding it tough.  About brushing your skin to open the pores, a lot of the new bathing stuff around is good, the porous stuff for removing dead skin.  I come out of the shower very pink and it feels great, and my skin is much smoother now.

I look forward to going through the steps and hope to find like minded individuals here at Veritas to share together or even a mentor if I am lucky.  I am in Japan so there is nothing here even closely related, unless you were to consider zen or shinto training.

December 04, 2009, 06:25:06 PM
Reply #116

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
A question: how many of you really bathe in cold water?  Do you take a cold shower?  Pour cold water over yourself?  How long did it take you to adjust to the cold and did you persist through winter?  I am finding it tough.  About brushing your skin to open the pores, a lot of the new bathing stuff around is good, the porous stuff for removing dead skin.  I come out of the shower very pink and it feels great, and my skin is much smoother now.

At night when I shower I use warm water, but before I get out I spend a minute or two "rinsing off" as it were with the cold water. Then when I wake up in the morning, I take an only cold shower for a couple of minutes.

The first time I tried, I eased myself into it. I had warm water, then turned it a little cooler, and stood there until I felt comfortable. Then I turned it cooler, until comfortable. Eventually I found this part within myself that was (and is) comfortable in almost any situation. The water got to be as cold as possible but it didn't really feel that bothersome. After that as soon as I turn on the cold, it only takes me a couple seconds of going "brrrr, cold!" before I get into the "zone".

I really do feel more refreshed after taking a cold shower to a warm shower.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

December 23, 2009, 04:09:22 AM
Reply #117

Necuno

• Settling In

• View Profile
started with iih. just bit confused as to exactly what is suppose to happen in step 1 where you are suppose to just observe your thoughts.  should the thoughts turn into pictures and or just some oddly stream of audio ? because when i'm relaxed and start the session i just get a blank mind or something starts up and whoos it's gone and into blank mind again. apart from that i'm also busy with visualization + introspection. doing the iih together with initial steps of modern magick by donald craig. found a site related to iih; maybe the english descriptive of setup 1 is bit confusing or i just don't seem to get the whole exercise as to what i'm suppose to do exactly lol...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:56:59 AM by Necuno »
"Let us begin by doubting every statement"

December 26, 2009, 09:24:19 PM
Reply #118

Necuno

• Settling In

• View Profile
started with iih. just bit confused as to exactly what is suppose to happen in step 1 where you are suppose to just observe your thoughts.  should the thoughts turn into pictures and or just some oddly stream of audio ? because when i'm relaxed and start the session i just get a blank mind or something starts up and whoos it's gone and into blank mind again. apart from that i'm also busy with visualization + introspection. doing the iih together with initial steps of modern magick by donald craig. found a site related to iih; maybe the english descriptive of setup 1 is bit confusing or i just don't seem to get the whole exercise as to what i'm suppose to do exactly lol...

Hi,
        This exercise what your looking to do, is actually remember your thoughts. As you sit observing your thoughts rushing by your field of vision, you want to make a conscious effort to try and actually remember as many of them as you can.

I would sit with a clock and try to make it for a minute, then 2, 3 up to 5 and then 10 minutes. If you find yourself getting distracted, realize this and immediately bring your mind back to remembering your thoughts.

On the second exercise your focusing on just one subject as your thoughts rush by and try to distract you. If you get sidetracked, once again immediately bring your attention back to the one thing, that you were originally focusing on.

Then on the third exercise, your trying to be totally objective to anything and everything inside your mind, so that no thoughts distract you from being totally seperated from any inner  mind distractions from the exercise.

If you can make it through that first exercise, then second and third, you'll open up a flow of magik power that's hihidng right behind those veil of thoughts in your mind.

This exercise is the beginning of the development of focus and concentration, which is a huge plus for visualzing for goals, spellcasting and manifestation work.

thanks this helps :)
"Let us begin by doubting every statement"

January 25, 2010, 10:38:01 PM
Reply #119

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
In Thought Observation/Control the goal is to let the thoughts pass by without attention, judgment, or even much recognition. Just become passive to them.

The next is to focus on one thought to the exclusion of all others.

The last is the lack of thought completely.

You should read Fr. Veos's Commentary, it would have answered this for you.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll: